ADVERTISEMENT

Baby Reindeer on Netflix (SPOILER ALERT)

caShFLO

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2016
Austin
Dark AF. I didn't read any reviews or synopsis before watching so what I ~thought~ I was getting into was a dark comedy about a stalker situation. The show evolves into much more than that. I saw someone on X say "I've never want to stop watching a show before, but couldn't, until Baby Reindeer" and I think that is pretty accurate.

If you want to watch the show without knowing much of what's coming, stop reading here.

Around the second episode when a Trans person is introduced as a major character, I couldn't help but think "here we go, more shoe horning incoming, let's bail here" but then I found out that this was based on a true story. "Ok fine, if this is the actual story being told as it were, I'll proceed". Then, as the story progresses you realize that not only is it not shoe horned, it kind of makes sense based on what happened to the main character.

By the time I realized this show was probably too dark for my taste on subject matters that I'd rather not fill my mind with, there were only 3 30 minute episodes left. I sense that a lot of people will feel the same way.

-Great Acting
-Great Cinematography
-Great Story Telling

If you can appreciate something that fulfills those categories even if the subject matter is brutal, then you should give it a watch. It 100% sheds light on how people can become very broken and how that damage manifests itself throughout a life.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm glad I watched it or not. I don't even know how to rate it out of 10 because of that.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News