ADVERTISEMENT

Bama has a new QB1

Texasguy115

Jun 18, 2021
Looks like the Texas defense ended the Milroe era before it ever began. I dont think Buchner is much better. It will be interesting to see how Saban handles these QB's going the rest of the way if Buchner doesnt perform well.

Buchner's stats at ND:
2022 - 3 TD's, 5 INT's
2021 - 3 TD's, 3 INT's

Last edited:
If we have a qb or 2 transfer, I wonder if Milroe would want to transfer to be w Sark?
I doubt it’ll happen, but that should be a dream scenario for Milroe. We know Sark loves the deep ball, and Jalen damn sure has that box checked. Sark would he the best thing that ever happened to him.

If we have a qb or 2 transfer, I wonder if Milroe would want to transfer to be w Sark?
Not a chance. If we have someone transfer that means they lost to the other one who would be the starter. Milroe won't come to sit on the bench, he'll go somewhere where he is guaranteed to start.

Milroe is a poor fit for Sark's system despite his ability to throw the deep ball. He's a 1 progression QB and can't read a defense to save his life. He needs to be in a certain type of offense to maximize his potential. Sark's offense is very complex and very similar to a pro style offense.

Reactions: The House of El
Milroe is a poor fit for Sark's system despite his ability to throw the deep ball. He's a 1 progression QB and can't read a defense to save his life. He needs to be in a certain type of offense to maximize his potential. Sark's offense is very complex and very similar to a pro style offense.
You are spot on.
If they can get him to go through progressions, instant super star. His throws were pretty accurate and had considerable zip behind them. I wonder if he is another super gifted kid in HS that didn't think he needed to work on anything since he's always been the most athletic guy on the field.
From what I've read, even Ewers had a bit of mindset like that as well. If so, thankfully he swallowed his pride and embraced development.

You are spot on.
If they can get him to go through progressions, instant super star. His throws were pretty accurate and had considerable zip behind them. I wonder if he is another super gifted kid in HS that didn't think he needed to work on anything since he's always been the most athletic guy on the field.
From what I've read, even Ewers had a bit of mindset like that as well. If so, thankfully he swallowed his pride and embraced development.
He has 2 TDS called back for dumbass lineman making flags. He has potential. If I'm Saban I don't give up on him. Give him simple reads and read option with tailback.

Let Milroe be Milroe? sounds like he's a N.C. transfer candidate if that's what he needs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT