ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball RPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
It's early, but Texas currently #1 in the RPI. That's what you get for playing good nonconference teams.

Link

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:
Nobody cares about RPI right now. It's all about wins and losses for now.
When you play nobody's, that's all you have to hang your hat on.

Originally posted by TexExSpur:
When you play nobody's, that's all you have to hang your hat on.
So, are we supposed to be impressed that 1-3 New Orleans has a top 5 RPI. RPI is silly right now. It's all about wins and losses.

"When you play nobody's, that's all you have to hang your hat on."

He's an aggy, he has no understanding of RPI.

You must be new to College baseball or a complete idiot (maybe both). The committee will look at RPI when determining who hosts at the end of the year. A&M will get Baylor'd with this joke of a OOC schedule.

Originally posted by Falko:

You must be new to College baseball or a complete idiot (maybe both). The committee will look at RPI when determining who hosts at the end of the year. A&M will get Baylor'd with this joke of a OOC schedule.
Not new to this. Right now nobody cares about RPI. The RPI is a joke until we actually know what teams are actually good.

"The committee will look at RPI when determining who hosts at the end of the year. A&M will get Baylor'd with this joke of a OOC schedule."

He probably actually thinks that Penn State, Dartmouth and Holy Cross will end up being decent even though they've sucked almost their entire history.

Penn State got swept by Iona on the opening weekend. Holy Cross still hasn't won a game. Dartmouth doesn't even start playing until the 27th because they play a shortened schedule (they really aren't a real baseball team). The delusion is strong with that aggy if he actually thinks that Penn State, Dartmouth and Holy Cross will help their RPI.
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/20 9:45 AM by utisdabomb12

Not new to this.
Get a big boy program before you start talking about college baseball, aggy.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"The committee will look at RPI when determining who hosts at the end of the year. A&M will get Baylor'd with this joke of a OOC schedule."

He probably actually thinks that Penn State, Dartmouth and Holy Cross will end up being decent even though they've sucked almost their entire history.

Penn State got swept by Iona on the opening weekend. Holy Cross still hasn't won a game. Dartmouth doesn't even start playing until the 27th because they play a shortened schedule (they really aren't a real baseball team). The delusion is strong with that aggy if he actually thinks that Penn State, Dartmouth and Holy Cross will help their RPI.
laugh.r191677.gif

I don't think that. I just think it's silly to talk about RPI four games in. Like I said, we have no idea who is good right now.

Based on history, we know who won't do jack squat come Omaha time though.

I don't think that. I just think it's silly to talk about RPI four games in. Like I said, we have no idea who is good right now.

Four games in? You are about to play a Penn State team that was swept last week by Elon, and then Dartmouth who I had no idea had a baseball program. Good luck hosting at the end of the year with that schedule. You are going to have to dominate the SEC schedule which I highly doubt happens.

This post was edited on 2/20 1:32 PM by Falko

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:

laugh.r191677.gif

I know y'all weren't very awesome last year and losing that knee knocking lefty for this season wont help. RPI is a talking point that people will use throughout the entire season!

Correct...and that RPI will go up as conference play starts. Congrats for being RPI champions. I love after 5 games this means a lot. But, if Bomb didn't have A&M, he wouldn't have anything to post about.

"Correct...and that RPI will go up as conference play starts. Congrats for being RPI champions. I love after 5 games this means a lot. But, if Bomb didn't have A&M, he wouldn't have anything to post about."

Our RPI will be higher then yours at year end just like last year.

"Correct...and that RPI will go up as conference play starts. Congrats for being RPI champions. I love after 5 games this means a lot. But, if Bomb didn't have A&M, he wouldn't have anything to post about."

Our RPI will be higher then yours at year end just like last year.

This, poor Aggie has no clue how RPI and selection process works. The SEC is not that loaded in baseball to pass the Pac or Big 12. Someone bump this thread in a couple months so this idiot can look at how stupid he is.

We know how RPI works. We're just saying the RPI doesn't have enough games this season to defend the numbers.

Not enough games? Look at your schedule, you can't fix a team already 0-3 losing to a mediocre Elon team that you are most likely going to put at 0-6/0-7. Lets not get started on Holy Cross and Dartmouth.

Not enough games? Look at your schedule, you can't fix a team already 0-3 losing to a mediocre Elon team that you are most likely going to put at 0-6/0-7. Lets not get started on Holy Cross and Dartmouth.
I'm saying it's silly to act like the rpi means anything right now. That number will change for most a lot the first few series and then it will become more concrete towards the end of conference play. We all have no idea who will be great this year. Let's get at least halfway before we start hyping rpi numbers....

I'm saying it's silly to act like the rpi means anything right now. That number will change for most a lot the first few series and then it will become more concrete towards the end of conference play. We all have no idea who will be great this year. Let's get at least halfway before we start hyping rpi numbers....
Although, you probably buy into the pre-season hype surrounding the SEC in football and those early high rankings they achieve, only to fall off in the end....

RPI is simply a real time ranking sysytem. Your record means more when you beat quality opponents.

"This, poor Aggie has no clue how RPI and selection process works. The SEC is not that loaded in baseball to pass the Pac or Big 12. Someone bump this thread in a couple months so this idiot can look at how stupid he is."

This poor Aggie knows exactly how it works. The point is that we are 5 games in. No one even knows who is going to be good this year because we haven't even started conference play. Once we get into the season, teams that we thought would be ok turn out to be great, and teams we think would be great will suck. RPI smack right now is premature. See how things settle out in the end. I'll make you a bet we won't finish 81st. Any takers?

"I'll make you a bet we won't finish 81st. Any takers?"

Well aren't you a freaking genius.

My point is good luck hosting a Super Regional, not being 12-1 to start the year. That wins you nothing.

I guess us Texas fans look at the big picture. Supers and then to Omaha.

"My point is good luck hosting a Super Regional."

Aggys have no understanding of RPI, they won't even host a regional. It's a normal Childress team. A&M will go around .500 in SEC play and barely make the tournament because of their soft nonconference schedule. Like most years, they will be a 3 seed somewhere in a regional and be gone in the first round. Same story almost every year.

Meanwhile A&M is now 159 in RPI. They better not lose a game to Penn State or Dartmouth, or it will get really bad.

As of this moment (Friday night)...Holy Cross, SFA, and Penn State are a combined 1-14 for the 2015 campaign.

So if we were to win the SEC and have a good record we wouldn't host a regional and a subsequent super regional? you can talk all the trash you want about the assertion that you are the better team than us and I think you are, but if we were to do that well in conference our OOC RPI would not mean a thing; just a fact. We would host both and none of this would matter. But then again Bomb would find some way to spin that too. He is beyond obsessed by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT