ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Transfers Update: Former Horns

walk-on horn

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2003
DFW
I was curious to see how the basketball players that left Texas are doing. Good for the most part it seems.

Jaylon Tyson (Texas Tech): Starter, 9 points, 1.5 assists, 5 rebounds, 42% from 3. His situation at Texas was strange. Tech is 0-4 in B12 play. Texas needs to take Tech back behind the woodshed on Saturday night. Tech basketball fan needs to suffer.

Tre Mitchell (West Virginia): Starter, 14 points, 6 rebounds. I am curious to see him against Texas. Looks to be doing well at WVA. Disu and Bishop seem to be an upgrade over Mitchell.

Courtney Ramey (Arizona): Starter, 10 points, 3.5 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1.5 turnover. He is still one of my favorite former Horns. I loved watching him deny the ball from the other team’s best guard. Good to seeing him doing well. He’s shooting 40% from 3 but only 42% from the FT line.

Devin Askew (California): Starter, 16 points, 3 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 3 turnovers. He’s on a very, very bad basketball team that’s 2-14.

Kamaka Hepa (Hawaii): Starter, 11 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block. He’s shooting just 43% from the field. Other than appearing to be a good cheerleader from the bench, his time at Texas was a whole lot of nothing.

Donovan Williams (Brooklyn Nets G-League Team): He left UNLV after the 2021-2022 season and was signed by the Nets’ summer league league. It looks like he has not been called up to the Nets all season.

Gerald Liddell (Detroit Mercy): Starter, 17 points, 13 rebounds, 1.5 assists. He left Texas and transferred to Alabama State. He left ASU after one year and transferred to Detroit Mercy. Today is when I learned of the University of Detroit Mercy.

Will Baker (Nevada): Starter, 12 points, 5 rebounds, 0.5 blocks, 1 assist. He seems to be just okay. I remember how important his recruitment/signing seemed to be to Shaka when he was at Westlake. He was a bad fit in Shaka’s system from jump.

@Keenan Womack

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News