ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

It’s…. Something

Silver lining (because I'd hate to upset anyone by questioning the hoops program here) -- it seems we have a lot of guys that CAN score and we seem to have more guys that can share the ball so that's nice. And we can certainly get after it on the defensive end. That will help alleviate some of the long dry spells we will undoubtedly have this year.

Off to a slow start against Gonzaga. 10-5. 1-4 from 3. Under 20% from 3 so far oh the young season.

Reactions: westx
2nd 4 mins goes well. Carr knocks down a couple 3’s. Beard learned from last year and is brining more double teams against Timmie, and it’s causing problems for him. If Carr and Hunter start hitting shots they are going to have a shot.

The new arena is loud. Longhorn fans brought the noise tonight👍🏻
Yeah. This game is important I think for the momentum of the program. First big game in the new arena. Be big to come out with a win.

I like Disau. Good player and a good guy if he’s out here throwing up 3’d that’s probably not a recipe for winning.

I’ve been rough on Carr felt like he’s underachieved most of his time at Texas. Dude came to play in the first half

70-51 Texas 10 mins to go. Game is a lot easier when you score. It’s really hard to win every game 59-58. Hunter is going to be a stud

here for the beard haters... go ahead... i'll be quiet
I was very critical of Bears last year. Felt like he got out coached several times last year(including against Gonzaga) and did an overall bad job last year, and hell he would probably tell you he did a bad job last year.

With that said he had his team ready to play tonight and they showed up. The team that showed up tonight can win a national title.

Shots were falling tonight and our team defense was outstanding. The shots won’t always fall but if you’re consistent on defense you always have a chance to win. Looking at the schedule we have a chance to run up a pretty good streak to start the season. 10-0 and a top 3 ranking is realistic.

The player who impressed me the most was Rice. Guy does everything well and has a very high basketball IQ. He’s got one of the best ball fakes I’ve seen in a long while. Fundamentally sound. Of course, Brock Cunningham brings it every game. You need guys like Rice and Brock if you’re looking to compete at a high level. Fearless leadership and sacrifices their bodies to make a play.

Shots were falling tonight and our team defense was outstanding. The shots won’t always fall but if you’re consistent on defense you always have a chance to win. Looking at the schedule we have a chance to run up a pretty good streak to start the season. 10-0 and a top 3 ranking is realistic.

The player who impressed me the most was Rice. Guy does everything well and has a very high basketball IQ. He’s got one of the best ball fakes I’ve seen in a long while. Fundamentally sound. Of course, Brock Cunningham brings it every game. You need guys like Rice and Brock if you’re looking to compete at a high level. Fearless leadership and sacrifices their bodies to make a play.
Rice and Hunter were both A+ additions from the portal. Beard is slowly building something special I believe. I feel really good about this team after last night.

Reactions: westx
I can't predict how this team will finish, but they were freaking awesome to watch last night! Loved seeing Timme frustrated all night and not "flexing".........

Reactions: westx and diadevic
I can't predict how this team will finish, but they were freaking awesome to watch last night! Loved seeing Timme frustrated all night and not "flexing".........
Double teams bother timmie. The few times we brought them last year he struggled. Problem was by the time we doubled him last year he has already put up 25… doubled him in the paint from jump last night and he did nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT