ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 expansion..Big 14??

There is only one thing that needs to happen with the Big XII.

And it's this....
1455243181876282915.gif
If Texas and ou bolt, I think the leftover B12 could make a new breed of mid major type conference. It would be an excellent conference unlike the crappy WAC, Mountain States Conference, Conference USA or whatever. If they could keep the remaining members along with Memphis and Cinci, Houston and maybe UNM or SMU

Maybe Boren is playing the long con. Maybe this is all a ruse to blow the thing up and he's super intelligent. I doubt it though. The most likely scenario is that he and Bowlsby are complete buffoons.

Wouldn't count on that. He's a Rhodes scholar and former governor and U.S. Senator. Buffoon no.

He has what he needs to exit the league too which he likely will do in eight years just like UT. Showing financial imbalance with other leagues plus lack of stability caused by Baylor shenanigans and the vaunted Longhorn Network money ESPN is bleeding to UT.

Reactions: BillyRay
Yet TCU has done it for the last 15 years.

Not exactly. This past recruiting class was the first time that Patterson has ever landed a large proportion of highly ranked recruits (almost 40% four-star players). He's an exceptional evaluator and developer of defensive talent and generally a defensive wizard, so he gets athletic players and does a superb job of maximizing their abilities within his schemes (moving them to different positions more than any coach I can recall), but he hasn't generally been landing top recruits until now.

It is a mess.
some points of interest:
1. OU isn't going anywhere without OKSt. Or OKST having a good landing spot.
2. ASU and UA maybe pissed at the Pac 12 but they fought long and hard to get in and would not leave lightly. They recruit SoCal very heavily. Look at their two-deep.
3. UH doesn't move the TV needle much. They have done as good a job hiring successful coaches as you can do (Briles, Sumlin, and Herman) 3 out of 4, But the idea of them being a plus in the addition of teams is far outweighed by going to other markets.
4, Texas has no intention of extending their GOR which might land a Power5 team. No Power5 team would sign on without that. However, they know if we ever get back to a top 10 team, the Big 12 provides a pretty sweet path to the Championship playoffs. What's the rush?

Lol boot WVU. WVU 3-2 all time vs Texas. I guess I could see why SOME Texas fans would want to get rid of the Mountaineers.

Apparently the LBGTQ community is against BYU joining the BIG12, and complaining. I believe that BYU makes the most sense, as they actually have fans who don't have relatives on the team, unlike a few others being considered.

Apparently the LBGTQ community is against BYU joining the BIG12, and complaining. I believe that BYU makes the most sense, as they actually have fans who don't have relatives on the team, unlike a few others being considered.

This is ridiculous. We can argue all day as to whether or not BYU is a big enough name, or whether their inability to play on Sunday's is an issue, their geographic location etc. But the idea that BYU will be banned from participating in society because of a religious based viewpoint on homosexuality? I'm not arguing in favor of or against homosexuality, and I am certainly not Mormon, but the idea that one is basically barred from having an opinion on the matter is the definition of intolerance. BTW - my view is still don't expand at all, and hope that sweeter fruit drops from the tree.
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...byus-lgbt-views-keep-source-serious-issue?f=r

Reactions: jsto60

And thus is the cycle of groups of people that band together asking for acceptance/tolerance. At first, they are all about getting equality for themselves. And attacking those that won't give it on the grounds of equality.

Eventually, they start getting their equality. But aren't yet done with the fight. So they start turning all hate group and attacking people for no reason.

The irony of LGBTQ preaching acceptance/tolerance and now going on the attack using their own intolerance....it's deafening.

Sorry but LGBTQ or any acceptance group or any hate group (say KKK) for that matter (as Black live matter and LGBT molds their movements from acceptance towards attacking nonsensical matters they are transitioning into hate groups themselves).....shouldn't toss in their two cents about who is in whatever football conference. It has nothing to do with the advancement of your platforming for your rights. Stick to your bathrooms and dressing rooms and the courts for your own rights. No need to go ruining sports, it literally has nothing to do with you or your issues.

We are getting so soft in America that we allow the minority to decide for the majority because God forbid we tell the minority that something is none of their business. Next we will go from tackle to two-below touch or flag football in the NFL and all teams will be wearing pink tutu's.

Last edited:
Reactions: bubba2023
Wouldn't count on that. He's a Rhodes scholar and former governor and U.S. Senator. Buffoon no.

He has what he needs to exit the league too which he likely will do in eight years just like UT. Showing financial imbalance with other leagues plus lack of stability caused by Baylor shenanigans and the vaunted Longhorn Network money ESPN is bleeding to UT.

Bet he doesnt do AYTHING without Texas coming along.... which in the end makes it Texas move to leave and influence where Texas and ou land...

and for the record Boren is a straight up retard... just like you if you think otherwise.... or have you forgotten all the STUPID shit he has done in the last few years? Cryingto the NCAA to remove the Orgeon loss due to officiating.. like he ACTUALLY askedthem to do that... wtf? Not too mention he constantly puts his foot in his mouth.... face it, the only person I can think of off hand that is dumber than Boren is YOU based off what you think of him......

Pretty sad... that actually means that you are the dumbest poster on Rivals if this is true... dumber than BM... dummer than Klanny... dumber than every other troll to set foot on Orangebloods..... now kick rocks junior and try to stay out of adult conversations where stuff like REALITY and FACTS actually hold water and merit consideration.

Reactions: Scholz
Boren is a complete buffoon. Btw, getting elected in Oklahoma is nothing to write home about. The current Gov up there had her kid living in a mobile home on the gov mansion grounds.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
After speaking to several high-level sources around the Big 12 and The University of Texas, it’s pretty clear that expansion is a topic that has created some uneasy tension.

In fact, I didn’t speak to a person this week that believes expansion is even going to happen at this point and multiple Big 12 Sources this week expressed that more than a little frustration existed.

“There’s zero agreement right now (among schools),” one Big 12 source told me on Thursday. “I’ve had some informal conversations with people around the league and no one is enthusiastic about how this has unfolded. This is being presented and paraded around as something that is definitely going to happen and that is just an inaccurate portrayal of where things stand.

“There’s been a lot of talk about schools that can get eight votes, but I’m telling you right now that there’s not a school that’s being mentioned that has as many as six votes. Just ask around.”

So, I did by checking in with a high-level source Texas source and asked him if there was any school that currently has six votes among conference members.

“Not that I know of,” he told me.

Another Big 12 source specifically called out Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby for his role in what has turned out to be a mess of an expansion conversation.

“This is his deal,” the source said. “A lot of people are wondering how this ends and it’s going to be his job to land this thing softly if that is what is required, and it’s looking like that’s the likely scenario at this point."

The same source explained that there’s scuttlebutt around the league that some schools are concerned that the aloof nature that Texas has showed towards the entire discussion is a sign that it will use the Big 12 expansion issue as an excuse/reason for exploration of leaving the conference and that has been one of many factors towards a lot of jets cooling on the subject.

The more this idea has been looked at, the worse it looks,” the source said. “It might not be dead, but I wouldn’t really suggest to anyone that it is truly alive, either.”
(Ketch)

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Another Big 12 source specifically called out Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby for his role in what has turned out to be a mess of an expansion conversation.

“This is his deal,” the source said. “A lot of people are wondering how this ends and it’s going to be his job to land this thing softly if that is what is required, and it’s looking like that’s the likely scenario at this point."
Does anyone have ANY confidence at all in Bowlsby? Why does he have this job? He defines the word bureaucrat.

Expansion is not going to happen. Going to have to ride this out til GOR expires or some unseen incident happens to change our course. UT needs to continue to deliver a top of the line product and take the best option when it appears.

I have been saying for some time that if the Big 12 expands it should do so strictly in Texas. Simply put, Texas will leave, it isn't a matter of If, but when. And when it does, this conference will need all the Texas schools it can get in order to even come close to keeping any Texas TV markets.

$15M a year guaranteed for 20 years for third tier rights from ESPN. Longhorn Network.

I think Texas is out of the big 12, and I think it's very possible they try to get out sooner than the tv deal. I'm sure some good lawyers will find away

It's not looking very promising and Texas was simply playing politics with their nod.
Exactly. To topdecktiger's question, I suspect that's why. There was no penalty for going along with the plan that wasn't going to work. No cost. Possible gain in playing nice. I'm speculating here, of course. Who on a message board really knows?

From what I can see, I think UH would get a definite 2 votes (UT&TT). I think Cincy, BYU & UCF would get more votes than UH.

If we have to do it, I'd be for Cinci and UCF. Would open up huge Ohio and Florida recruiting markets for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT