ADVERTISEMENT

Big Differences this time

eastexbigeasy

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2013
I feel like there are a couple big differences with this staff that are very much in our favor. First off, Sark is as good as anyone (IMO) in knowing how to put together a roster (see big uglies). It feels so good to be able to look at our roster and feel good about it. Are some areas stronger than others...Sure. But not feeling like our QB is going to be running for his life every play is nice. Knowing that there is hope that the skilled postions will actually matter is nice. The second which builds off of the first is that I get the feeling that Sark's (clich'e warning) culture is different and will ultimately get more out of his players and keep them around (note that we have a lot of players that were told they were not on the two deep that stayed at Texas to an extent that I think it surprised everyone). It seems like every player interviewed, talks about the culture (without actually using that word) in detail and how it is changing the team dynamic and chemistry. The culture under TH was toxic (and the second he said publicly that "winning is hard" I wanted him fired. Strong never really built a culture and things just fell apart....

This doesn't even count the fact that I feel like Sark and Company can develop talent.

I'm pretty optimistic for the future and can't wait to see these guys hit the field again.

What say you????

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News