ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl season is upon us

As far as today goes a&m is only suiting up 55 players so this almost a certain cowboy victory.

They have a lot of talent but does North Carolina has any gas left in the tank. I think WV wins.

Well WV did win and Oklahoma State is on the way. Word of caution. The Big XII is 4/1 with 3 games over the next 2 days. Iowa State and Kansas State should win. But one thing that can't happen is Texas and Oklahoma losing. We can't leave the Big XII with us losing and them winning. Top it all off Arizona is favored a lot of Oklahoma players have skipped the bowl game. Doesn't look good for the sooners. And who does Dillon Gabriel think he is blowing off the bowl game. Oklahoma gave him his chance to shine I doubt that he'll start at Oregon. Oh well

Well WV did win and Oklahoma State is on the way. Word of caution. The Big XII is 4/1 with 3 games over the next 2 days. Iowa State and Kansas State should win. But one thing that can't happen is Texas and Oklahoma losing. We can't leave the Big XII with us losing and them winning. Top it all off Arizona is favored a lot of Oklahoma players have skipped the bowl game. Doesn't look good for the sooners. And who does Dillon Gabriel think he is blowing off the bowl game. Oklahoma gave him his chance to shine I doubt that he'll start at Oregon. Oh well
Gabriel is an above average serviceable QB

But Oregon has gotten closer to elite status and Dan Lanning is going to get them there. After Ben Nix why would they start Gabriel?
True, but it isn’t that easy to replace a damn good QB. If you have at least a decent replacement until your next guy gets experience is a luxury.

With the exception of the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl no game has more interesting storylines than the Alamo Bowl. It was rated as the 6th best matchup ahead of the Fiesta Bowl. It should be ranked ahead of the Peach Bowl, the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl It really should be ranked third.

More than anything this bowl is about the future of college football especially for the Big XII and the ACC. Let's face it these 4 new teams are mediocre. Basically it's 3 commuter schools and BYU. But next year's new teams could save the Big XII. Arizona has finished strong and looks like they have a good future. If Utah gets Cam Rising back they're capable of winning at least 9 games. If nothing else prime time gives the Big XII a national name for coaches.

Then there's Oklahoma leaving the Big XII and Arizona coming into the Big XII. I've already said this but I really believe that if Arizona wins Brett Yormark will jump to the stage to except the trophy before the Arizona coach gets there.

Brent Venables and Steve Sarkisian have similar parallels. Losing seasons their first year. Playing in the Alamo Bowl their second season. Both coaches have had top ten recruiting classes and they're proving they can develop elite talent. We lost the heart of our offense in the Alamo Bowl and Oklahoma is going thru the same thing this year.

Lastly I'm totally confused about the betting line. Arizona is favored but they only have a 25% chance of winning?

I'm going with Arizona because of all the Oklahoma players who have opted out. But Brent Venables teams have played hard for him a big advantage for Oklahoma.

Arizona 28
Oklahoma 27

With the exception of the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl no game has more interesting storylines than the Alamo Bowl. It was rated as the 6th best matchup ahead of the Fiesta Bowl. It should be ranked ahead of the Peach Bowl, the Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl It really should be ranked third.

More than anything this bowl is about the future of college football especially for the Big XII and the ACC. Let's face it these 4 new teams are mediocre. Basically it's 3 commuter schools and BYU. But next year's new teams could save the Big XII. Arizona has finished strong and looks like they have a good future. If Utah gets Cam Rising back they're capable of winning at least 9 games. If nothing else prime time gives the Big XII a national name for coaches.

Then there's Oklahoma leaving the Big XII and Arizona coming into the Big XII. I've already said this but I really believe that if Arizona wins Brett Yormark will jump to the stage to except the trophy before the Arizona coach gets there.

Brent Venables and Steve Sarkisian have similar parallels. Losing seasons their first year. Playing in the Alamo Bowl their second season. Both coaches have had top ten recruiting classes and they're proving they can develop elite talent. We lost the heart of our offense in the Alamo Bowl and Oklahoma is going thru the same thing this year.

Lastly I'm totally confused about the betting line. Arizona is favored but they only have a 25% chance of winning?

I'm going with Arizona because of all the Oklahoma players who have opted out. But Brent Venables teams have played hard for him a big advantage for Oklahoma.

Arizona 28
Oklahoma 27
I've noticed several of the lines where one team is favored, but the other has a greater chance of winning.

BTW - the "3 commuter schools" - I note that UCF has 2 top 10 finishes in the last 7 years, and Cincy made the playoffs 2 years ago.

I've noticed several of the lines where one team is favored, but the other has a greater chance of winning.

BTW - the "3 commuter schools" - I note that UCF has 2 top 10 finishes in the last 7 years, and Cincy made the playoffs 2 years ago.
I was not impressed by these new teams. At all. These schools had some success no denying that. But they can't maintain.

I was not impressed by these new teams. At all. These schools had some success no denying that. But they can't maintain.
This is what will make the new Big 12 interesting - there is no consistently crappy team, and no consistent powerhouse. Baylor wins the conference and Sugar Bowl, then goes 3-9. TCU goes to the championship game, then goes 5-7. All of the schools are capable of great things, but doubtful that they can be national power houses year in year out. There are no doormats ala Vanderbilt or Illinois in this conference. Its going to be a free for all.

Reactions: outhereincali
This is what will make the new Big 12 interesting - there is no consistently crappy team, and no consistent powerhouse. Baylor wins the conference and Sugar Bowl, then goes 3-9. TCU goes to the championship game, then goes 5-7. All of the schools are capable of great things, but doubtful that they can be national power houses year in year out. There are no doormats ala Vanderbilt or Illinois in this conference. Its going to be a free for all.
Add Pitt, vtech, nc state, and dook, you'll have quite the conference. Aggy could never win it.

KSt just pullled ahead by 9pts with 2+ minutes to go. The last drive, they had 2 TDs called back by penalties,

KSU wins. Big 12 now 5-1. I hope Blow U doesn’t soil the conference name…

Oklahoma is starting to look like the team should have been in the Peach Bowl. They were certainly more deserving than the teams that were selected.

Come again?
Look Arnold had his moments tonight.

However his entire ol punked out on him. 'll bet of you look a the film you'll see his protection breaking down in the fourth quarter.

And yes I think Oklahoma should have been in the Peach Bowl. Maybe a lot of those quitters would have played in the Peach Bowl.

How can you go a whole game with no penalties and no turnovers. Memphis did. Huh?

But they also held Iowa State to 0 yards rushing. Your do that and there's no way you're going to lose.

But I never thought Iowa State was that good anyway. The Big XII is a decent 5/3 and the longhorn game is coming up on Monday.

Marvin Harrison Jr is holding his cards but the rest of Ohio State's stars are going to play. Doesn't bode well for Missouri.

• Haha
Reactions: hookem777
How does someone like Missouri beat someone like Ohio State in an elite bowl game? Well when the qb decides to skip the game, the back up qb gets hurt and now you're down to a third string qb. And even if Marvin Harrison Jr had played it wouldn't have made a difference.

Hey I've got mad love for Cody Schrader. That kid came from nothing. How can you not pull for him? And kudos to the Missouri tigers no opt outs. Can they build on it?

Last edited:
How does someone like Missouri beat someone like Ohio State in an elite bowl game? Well when the qb decides to skip the game, the back up qb gets hurt and now you're down to a third string qb. And even if Marvin Harrison Jr had played it wouldn't have made a difference.

Hey I've got mad love for Cody Schrader. That kid came from nothing. How can you not pull for him? And kudos to the Missouri tigers no opt outs. Can they build on it?
Crazy on one of his runs, he had one foot in bounds and an osu defender hit him pretty good and knockecked him down and the ref called a unsportsman. Bad call by the ref

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT