ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking the bank? Thursday morning Damonic Williams Update

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
Pessimism is the word of the hour in UT's recruitment of TCU defensive tackle transfer Damonic Williams.

Per a source late last night, there were conversations between Texas and Williams on Wednesday night. From what I can gather, Williams is looking for an incredible one-year NIL package that would make Walter Nolan blush.

Will he get it?

That remains to be seen, but it almost certainly won't come from the Longhorns. I've been told for more than a year that the Longhorns would be willing to go huge on a "Jordan Addison type" player if the coaches thought that the addition would be season-changing, but Williams is not viewed as that type of player and Texas isn't going to completely turn its entire NIL model on its head in an effort to get him.

Perhaps the NIL package being sought after will flatten out because none of the four teams under consideration will go as high as the Williams camp is looking for one of them to go, but at the moment it feels like the Longhorns aren't going to be the team.

I wasn't given the name of a projected leader, but it might be OU. The dark-horse might be Missouri, if only because maybe the Tigers will be willing to do anything to get Williams.

Regardless, it feels like an Texas and Williams are at an impasse as of Wednesday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News