ADVERTISEMENT

Calling All Veterans: VA Benefits and/or Disability Ratings, Battle Buddies, Vet Support for PTSD etc.

more_bourbon

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2002
Austin
Howdy fellow vets!

We're all getting older by the second and our bodies are evidence of that. For some, it's not a slow process. I was curious to hear your stories involving VA benefits that others may not be aware of and successes/failures at getting claims approved and the overall fight to get disability ratings approved or raised.

I was in the Navy from 89 to 93 and served on a nuclear sub and an aircraft carrier.

For all of you vets that are struggling with the VA, I found a YouTuber that goes by the name of Combat Craig. He also has a website. He seems to be very skilled at navigating everything VA benefits related. I thought I would share and we can help each other with anything we are struggling with.

Combat Craig YouTube Channel

Combat Craig Website

Also... Anyone suffering from PTSD, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, or just need a friend, let's network here and support each other. If anyone needs to talk, please don't hesitate to message me or another vet on here and we can exchange contact information if that's what you prefer and are comfortable with.

Here is a crisis website and new number vets can call if they need help:

Veterans Crisis Website

From the website:
What is 988?
Signed into law in 2020, the National Suicide Hotline Designation Act authorized 988 as the new three-digit number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. As part of the law, all telephone service providers in the U.S. had to activate the number no later than July 16, 2022.

Veterans can use this new option by dialing 988 and pressing 1 to contact the Veterans Crisis Line. Veterans may still reach the Veterans Crisis Line with the previous phone number—1-800-273-8255 and Press 1—by text (838255), and through chat (VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat).

Please feel free to share any other resources, job opportunities, thoughts, or just sound off like you got a pair (hopefully you still have both of your boys intact). Feel free to share stories of your time in the military. I would also love to hear about your families and how you are doing after discharge. If you're still in, tell us where you are and what's happening in your world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News