ADVERTISEMENT

Can we slow down the Washington……

If the refs let things go and allow a physical game, which they usually do in CFP games, Texas will play great D. If they start calling PI every time someone farts then it will be a close game.
Remember that UW has an outstanding OL with a couple guys projected to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. It’s going to be difficult to get pressure on Penix without blitzing. We need to be very judicious and sneaky with our blitzing. UW actually relies on opponents blitzing to generate big plays down the field. My guess is we’ll be rushing 4 DL and everyone else is in coverage. Flood the secondary with defenders and hope we get some pressure on Penix without blitzing.

If the refs let things go and allow a physical game, which they usually do in CFP games, Texas will play great D. If they start calling PI every time someone farts then it will be a close game.
Where is the crew going to be out of? Anybody know?

With all the bulletin board material I’ve seen on X and Sark having a month to prepare for their porous defense, I think we light their asses up.

Reactions: oldhorn2
If you think Taafe is that guy then you don't know what you're talking about. Taafe has actually been really damn good for the most part this year. He's the most consistent player on the back end of our defense right now.
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. Every time I see him on the field I have flashbacks to DH. The difference being that Taafe is all over the place intentionally. DH was usually just out of position. However as far as being the most consistent player on the back end of the defense you could say the same about DH when he was there. He was just consistently BAD.

Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. Every time I see him on the field I have flashbacks to DH. The difference being that Taafe is all over the place intentionally. DH was usually just out of position. However as far as being the most consistent player on the back end of the defense you could say the same about DH when he was there. He was just consistently BAD.
Dylan Haynes was all about effort--- problem was it was usually 180 degrees from where the effort should have been. God bless the guy-- nobody TRIED as hard as Haynes-- but the dude was rarely ever in position. And those few times he was-- the ball careans off his hands or doinks him in the face mask. I could get so damn angry with the kid-- but in watching his film-- he was going 100mph all the time. He simply was spinning in circles.

Dylan Haynes was all about effort--- problem was it was usually 180 degrees from where the effort should have been. God bless the guy-- nobody TRIED as hard as Haynes-- but the dude was rarely ever in position. And those few times he was-- the ball careans off his hands or doinks him in the face mask. I could get so damn angry with the kid-- but in watching his film-- he was going 100mph all the time. He simply was spinning in circles.
I'll never forget his pic 6 against Iowa State his sophomore year. He took it to the house from 100 yards. I can hear Chris Berman rumbling, bumbling, stumbling there was 25 seconds left in the half when he made that pic and there was no time left when he scored lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT