ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Playoffs

Idk if Brooks is done man, have you not seen the Michigan running back he came back for his last year granted he hasn't rushed like he did last year but his TD total is pretty much on par as last and averaging 5.2 yards compared to 5.9 last season.
Brooks ain't done.

And this playoff talk is moot-

Brooks is done. His entire career may be done (sadly). And Bax just isn't there yet. He hasn't learned what toughness is. Sure, you get him in the open field and he's a lightening bolt. But the minute he is faced with a pile up or traffic jam, he folds. It's a shame-- the kid is VERY talented.
So even if we DO run the table, Georgia will beat us like cake batter.
Yes- it would be great to get in. But having your ass handed to you isn't a good look. And if we can't run the football, Meatchicken and Harbaugh will pound us like they're on shore leave.
It's just a torn ACL for Brooks. With today's medical advancements guys are coming back 8 months after their injury. There's even word that some teams are still just as high on him for the draft even after the injury.

I've watched Michigan play and each time I come away thinking they are nothing special. The thing they do best is run the ball. The thing we do best on defense is stop the run. I would actually prefer that matchup over Georgia. But even Georgia to me looks nothing like they have the last 2 years. They are still a good football team but I truly think we could beat any of those teams on a good day.

Idk if Brooks is done man, have you not seen the Michigan running back he came back for his last year granted he hasn't rushed like he did last year but his TD total is pretty much on par as last and averaging 5.2 yards compared to 5.9 last season.
And how about Michael Pennix he's had an an ACL and both knees and now he's the favorite for the the Heisman.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
And how about Michael Pennix he's had an an ACL and both knees and now he's the favorite for the the Heisman.
Rb is not the same as QB. There's far more opportunities for punishment at RB. Plus, the awkward cut angles.

It's just a torn ACL for Brooks. With today's medical advancements guys are coming back 8 months after their injury. There's even word that some teams are still just as high on him for the draft even after the injury.

I've watched Michigan play and each time I come away thinking they are nothing special. The thing they do best is run the ball. The thing we do best on defense is stop the run. I would actually prefer that matchup over Georgia. But even Georgia to me looks nothing like they have the last 2 years. They are still a good football team but I truly think we could beat any of those teams on a good day.
There's truly no way to know until the surgeon gets in there. There are ACL tears that can't be fixed. They can be mended, the patient can be made to walk again and lead a normal life-- but not fixed to be an elite athlete.
We won't know until 8-10 months from now for sure.

I know this may sound knit-picky hoss-- but check it out--

5.2 vs 5.9 yards per carry is a difference of .7 ypc. That doesn't seem like a lot. But in a 300 carry season, it's a difference of 210 yards. That 210 yards COULD be the difference between 1st round and 3rd round. Between All-Pro and also ran.

I know this may sound knit-picky hoss-- but check it out--

5.2 vs 5.9 yards per carry is a difference of .7 ypc. That doesn't seem like a lot. But in a 300 carry season, it's a difference of 210 yards. That 210 yards COULD be the difference between 1st round and 3rd round. Between All-Pro and also ran.

Well Michigan has the luxury we had last year with Bijan and Johnson so that could be another reason

My dream scenario. Tennessee shocks the world and beats Georgia.

Then Auburn shocks the world again and beats Alabama giving the tide 2 loses for the season and ruining their chances for the playoffs.

Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC title game giving everybody in the SEC 2 loses and therefore eliminating the SEC from the playoffs.

😂
Nice dream, lol.

Here's a more possible scenario to keep the SEC out of the playoffs. Let's say FSU, Washington, and Mich/OhioSt winner run the table and finish 13-0. Those three teams are in. We do the same, and Bama beats Georgia.

Then you have UT/Bama/Georgia all at 12-1 in contention for that 4th spot. I would think we get the nod, but wouldn't bet on it.

Well, if this isn’t motivation enough to get to the Big XII conference championship, I don’t know what is!!

Reactions: diadevic
Well, if this isn’t motivation enough to get to the Big XII conference championship, I don’t know what is!!

I know this board isn't high on Yormark due to the TTech comments, but -- this guy is wall to wall sales, which is exactly what the Big 12 will need to remain relevant. Not saying this stunt is going to change the world but you have to admire the effort. We've got Nelly performing at halftime, WWE guys showing up. Who knows what else he will pull out.

I know this board isn't high on Yormark due to the TTech comments, but -- this guy is wall to wall sales, which is exactly what the Big 12 will need to remain relevant. Not saying this stunt is going to change the world but you have to admire the effort. We've got Nelly performing at halftime, WWE guys showing up. Who knows what else he will pull out.
He's a shameless stooge. WWE is low IQ.

I'd rather hear Barry Manilow than nelly

Not meaning to offend anyone but I am not a Yormark fan. He is a promoter, I hope the big 12 doesn't go weird but it may.

I agree Yormark isnt what id go with.
I did some math last night, since I never sleep-- When the season started, Yormark had it in for both Texas and OU. No way in hell he wanted those two teams up at the top of the conference. If someone else from the pack could rise up and run the table, Yorkmark would have cleared a path for them. But nobody did. Now that BlowU has fallen flat, Yormark knows the only REAL payday will come from Texas (who he dislikes) getting into the CFP. Payday for the Big 12. It's not Yormark's ideal situation, but he'll take the $$$$ and swallow the Texas pill.
I expect to see some favorable calls for once, this weekend.

Reactions: JustAHorn88
I did some math last night, since I never sleep-- When the season started, Yormark had it in for both Texas and OU. No way in hell he wanted those two teams up at the top of the conference. If someone else from the pack could rise up and run the table, Yorkmark would have cleared a path for them. But nobody did. Now that BlowU has fallen flat, Yormark knows the only REAL payday will come from Texas (who he dislikes) getting into the CFP. Payday for the Big 12. It's not Yormark's ideal situation, but he'll take the $$$$ and swallow the Texas pill.
I expect to see some favorable calls for once, this weekend.
I don't know that we didn't get some favorable no calls last weekend. I'm not saying we got all the calls we should have.....but there were a couple calls later in the game that could, and have been, going against us not get called.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT