ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie puts em on the hot seat

Yup and if you are bigger, stronger, faster and more talented than the guy in front of you.....you will play! Charlie want's to play Charlies guys!

How can you not like this guy? He would someone that I would want coaching and mentoring my Son. The guy is the real deal.

Reactions: Da Swami
“People talk about we don't have enough dogs, but we've always had plenty of dogs,” Thomas said. “The dogs are just ready to bite.”

Hook 'em

Maybe everyone else has seen this, but if not, it is a good read.I really.really like that he is putting his team on notice that they are responsible

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/...as-Longhorns-on-hot-seat-this-spring-38320486

I don't understand what must be wrong with athletes who have to be "lit up" to perform after someone has kissed their rears and put Burnt Orange on their backs. Let's make a comparison:

I KNOW the US Army is in the same business as the USMC with the exception that the MARINES are quick response
"Amphibious light " infantry with less equipment. I decided I would be a MARINE after studying all our formations, any of which is honorable for what they have done and will do. But being a MARINE lit me. After meeting a few MARINES and reading of many others, I will state that all I want is a MARINE at each shoulder and one checking our 6, and then... I know all in the world I have to do is give maximum effort to do as much as those three MARINES will do.

NOBODY kissed my rear at Parris Island. Matter of fact many KICKED my rear while I matriculated there.

I am a UT "T shirt Fan" and been that since Tommy Nobis recruited me. I have been to a big whopping TWO home games on the 40 acres in my life. One buddy said I "probably don't know what color Burnt Orange is if my TV is set wrong."

If I was a young man with athletic abilities, my HAIR WOULD BE ON FIRE if you put Burnt Orange on me.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANYBODY WHO HAS TO BE PERSUADED TO PUT OUT MAXIMUM EFFORT WHILE WEARING BURNT ORANGE?

Semper Fi,

TXSFred

I don't understand what must be wrong with athletes who have to be "lit up" to perform after someone has kissed their rears and put Burnt Orange on their backs. Let's make a comparison:

I KNOW the US Army is in the same business as the USMC with the exception that the MARINES are quick response
"Amphibious light " infantry with less equipment. I decided I would be a MARINE after studying all our formations, any of which is honorable for what they have done and will do. But being a MARINE lit me. After meeting a few MARINES and reading of many others, I will state that all I want is a MARINE at each shoulder and one checking our 6, and then... I know all in the world I have to do is give maximum effort to do as much as those three MARINES will do.

NOBODY kissed my rear at Parris Island. Matter of fact many KICKED my rear while I matriculated there.

I am a UT "T shirt Fan" and been that since Tommy Nobis recruited me. I have been to a big whopping TWO home games on the 40 acres in my life. One buddy said I "probably don't know what color Burnt Orange is if my TV is set wrong."

If I was a young man with athletic abilities, my HAIR WOULD BE ON FIRE if you put Burnt Orange on me.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANYBODY WHO HAS TO BE PERSUADED TO PUT OUT MAXIMUM EFFORT WHILE WEARING BURNT ORANGE?

Semper Fi,

TXSFred

Amen brother. Ain't the Tommy Nobis world any more is it? Sure do miss it though.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
Glad he is taking players to task and to be accountable....hopefully he has done the same with coaches...maybe even the same conversation with himself...pretty much every game against a good team with good coaches, we were out-adjusted and outflanked in the second half...plus late to get plays in, constantly, poor response to how the other teams were playing us scheme wise etc...

Fred....the problem is that us old guys think about what ought to be but what we are dealing with is,,,,,what is!
There is nothing wrong with explaining to the young team that losing is not accecptable, and each player is responsible.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

Semper Fi,

TXSFred

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANYBODY WHO HAS TO BE PERSUADED TO PUT OUT MAXIMUM EFFORT WHILE WEARING BURNT ORANGE?"

Good question. Ask Mack Brown.

Fred....the problem is that us old guys think about what ought to be but what we are dealing with is,,,,,what is!
There is nothing wrong with explaining to the young team that losing is not acceptable, and each player is responsible.
I agree with ya Old! and yup! I also miss the Tommy Nobis world and all the rest that you didn't even have to tell them, they already knew what playing for UT was a honor and it was expected of you to perform at top level, that's what Texas put so many in the NFL..

Hook'em

11794076_10153212507167730_139401140822588929_o_zpsixpsr9hm.jpg

Semper Fi,

TXSFred

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANYBODY WHO HAS TO BE PERSUADED TO PUT OUT MAXIMUM EFFORT WHILE WEARING BURNT ORANGE?"

Good question. Ask Mack Brown.

Why would I ask him? He wore a Coach's shirt
I was listening one day when Coach Bud Wilkinson and Coach Royal, both retired, were Color Commentators at the Red River Shootout. The teams came out and the Longhorn band began to play "The Eyes..."

Coach Wilkinson said, " I have always wondered what it does to a man dressed in Burnt Orange standing on the floor of the COTTON BOWL when the Longhorn Band and about 40,000 people play and sing 'The Eyes of Texas are upon you....' What DOES it do to you, Darrell?"

"I wouldn't know, Coach," Coach Royal replied, " I was always wearin' red."
I have always remembered that...

Semper Fi,

TxsFred

You would ask him why he created or at the least allowed the culture that caused it to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT