ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard finalizing deal to be next HC at Ole Miss

I’m not surprised a school took a shot at him. I’m also not surprised that is was a bottom tier power 5 program with nothing to lose. Ole miss isn’t Texas in terms of job level. It’s not even really Texas Tech imo. He’ll do well but he screwed up his dream job and the best job he will ever get, and deep down he knows that.
Make no mistake about it, he will do well at Ole Miss and will eventually get another offer to coach at a Texas type program.

Make no mistake about it, he will do well at Ole Miss and will eventually get another offer to coach at a Texas type program.
I don’t know that he will ever get a Texas type job again. Those don’t come around all that often.

Saw a clip of Beards press conference today. I get that his answer was probably crafted by the SID, and the comms staff, and it was designed to just get him through the press conference, but come on man.

He was asked if he put his hands on his fiancé that night. His response was “her and I have agreed to not talk about that night or the nights leading up to that(which I found interesting)

He then went on to say that much of what was reported was incorrect as evidence by the charges being dropped.

Ok chris come on. First of all we all know that Texas didn’t fire you based off of media reports, and all the media reported was that you got arrested and they published the police report. That’s it so while it is popular to blame the media doesn’t really apply here.

2nd we all know that charges being dropped just means the DA doesn’t think he can make the case. It doesn’t mean innocence, or guilt but no one idiot it’s obvious something happen. I think he would have been better served falling on the word a bit and saying “ look im not going to get in to details but I screwed up what happened shouldn’t have happened I know that. To just blow it off as “hey the charges were dropped, the media was wrong let’s move on”. It got him through the press conference I’m not sure it did him any favors

I did find it interesting that he added “or the nights leading up to it”… wonder if there were other incidents and Texas found out about that and made a rather abrupt move to fire hin

I don’t know that he will ever get a Texas type job again. Those don’t come around all that often.
What are you talking about? He’s already at a “Texas type job”. He’s head coach at one of the 300 other D1 schools that have never won a national championship or been to a Final 4 in over a decade.

What are you talking about? He’s already at a “Texas type job”. He’s head coach at one of the 300 other D1 schools that have never won a national championship or been to a Final 4 in over a decade.
No man. Yes there are 300 D1 jobs in name, but you and I both know that not all 300 D1 jobs are created equal. Like how many of the 300 D1 jobs can legit make a final 4 and it not be considered some kind of surprise or miracle run? 15-20? 30 at the most

For one of the best coaches in the game, yes they do. He will spend 2-3 years at ole miss, do well, people will forget the girlfriend incident, and then get hired by a blue blood.

For one of the best coaches in the game, yes they do. He will spend 2-3 years at ole miss, do well, people will forget the girlfriend incident, and then get hired by a blue blood.
How many jobs do you consider “blue blood”. The true blue blood jobs aren’t open that often.

Texas isn’t even considered a basketball “blue blood.” If he does well at Ole Miss then he will get a crack at a top 10-15 type job.
I think he could. I don’t think it’s a lock. I mean Rick Pitino is one of the best coaches ever and Iona is the best job he could get, and he might move on to a St. John’s of Georgetown.

Sean Miller is one of the best coaches in the country. He was cleared of wrong doing by the NCAA, and the best job he could get is Xavier had s really good year isn’t really even being talked about for any of the jobs.

Schools seem to be a lot more uneasy about hiring coaches with baggage. I think Beard could rehab his imagine for sure. Obviously he’s gotta win, but I also think he will eventually have to show some humility, take some responsibility. What he did today it got him though the press conference. Don’t think it will fly long term as he tries to get his career on track

I think he could. I don’t think it’s a lock. I mean Rick Pitino is one of the best coaches ever and Iona is the best job he could get, and he might move on to a St. John’s of Georgetown.

Sean Miller is one of the best coaches in the country. He was cleared of wrong doing by the NCAA, and the best job he could get is Xavier had s really good year isn’t really even being talked about for any of the jobs.

Schools seem to be a lot more uneasy about hiring coaches with baggage. I think Beard could rehab his imagine for sure. Obviously he’s gotta win, but I also think he will eventually have to show some humility, take some responsibility. What he did today it got him though the press conference. Don’t think it will fly long term as he tries to get his career on track
Rick Pitino is also 70 years old. If he was 50 like Beard then I have a feeling he would have a lot more interest from schools.

Rick Pitino is also 70 years old. If he was 50 like Beard then I have a feeling he would have a lot more interest from schools.
I think that’s a factor for sure, but the stuff that happened at Louisville was pretty bad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT