ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Prime is cleaning house

westx

Dec 6, 2009
This could be good or this could be bad. CU has 1-11 record for 2022 and 4-8 record for 2021, so I am thinking probably good.

I think Prime is full of a lot of hot air and this backfires. He hasn’t shown he can successfully coach in-game against real teams like he’ll face in the B10.

Wait is CU still in the B10? I can’t keep up anymore.

I have my doubts about his coaching style and what he's doing. That might work at a low level program like Jackson St., but at a power 5 level school that might not fly. Now if it was a guy like Saban who had skins on the wall that would be a different story. I think this next year is going to be a disaster for them. Gonna be really hard to fill that roster out. They're going to have zero depth.

Reactions: HornDrummer
I have my doubts about his coaching style and what he's doing. That might work at a low level program like Jackson St., but at a power 5 level school that might not fly. Now if it was a guy like Saban who had skins on the wall that would be a different story. I think this next year is going to be a disaster for them. Gonna be really hard to fill that roster out. They're going to have zero depth.
Ya I think I agree.

He may be able to recruit some Jimmy's and Joe's but unless he has an all world coaching staff, the Xs and Os won't be there.

Could be a tough couple of years for Prime.

Deion had a talent advantage at Jackson State. He won't have that at Colorado. If they can recurit CA like they did in the Big 8 days they have a shot at brining in more talent. However its the same thing that happened to Nebraska when the joined the Big XII . No more prop 48 partial qualifiers.

The Deion show is going to end veeeeeeeeery badly. After week 3 NOBODY will be talking about Colorado football.
If I were forced to positively spin this, I would say: We do have to look at the big picture. Last year, CU was 1-11. The 11 losses were all blowouts where the opposing teams scored greater than 40 points, some 50 and even 60 points. It is a given they will have a poor season this fall, but better to purge the bad culture out all at once than to string it out.

This isn’t directed at your post, but I will sure be happy when everyone shuts the hell up about culture. It is becoming a tired topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT