ADVERTISEMENT

Feminist and queer science coming to an institute near you

Republic of Texas

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2006
Research that ought to be dismissed as garbage is now being accepted by the mainstream medical establishment including organizations such as the American Psychological Association. See the paper below. The woke grip on our institutions is tight. It will take many years to untangle this ugly web.

This "research" is no different than the fake science they do at the Creation Research Institute.

Citation: van Anders, S. M. (2022). Gender/sex/ual diversity and biobehavioral research. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/sgd0000609

Abstract: Human biobehavioral research is often rooted in and supports two interrelated binaries: one that divides and essentializes humans into two sexes and values maleness over femaleness, and a second that divides behavior into two sides, assigning more truth to one—nature and sex—over the other—gender, nurture, and culture. As such, biobehavioral research can contribute to the marginalization of gender/sex/ual minorities and policing of people of all gender/sex/ualities. Yet biophenomena are important to psychology and understandings of human behavior. In this article, I lay out how concepts like gender/sex, and methodological approaches like social neuroendocrinology, can help provide a biobehavioral research framework for and from gender/sex/ual diversity. To do so, I go beyond the binaries to define gender, sex, and gender/sex in dynamic and multifaceted ways with aspects that branch and coincide. I delineate the utility of gender/sex, including over sex/gender. I explain how gender/sex and social neuroendocrinology offer biological dynamism, expansiveness/emergence, and contextualism to counter the problematics of biological determinism, reductionism, and essentialism. And, I provide two examples of how gender impacts sex, transforming understandings of each: a pretheory route that constrains biobehavioral research questions and thus understandings of testosterone that circulate in our cultures, and a biomaterial gender→testosterone pathway whereby acute or “chronic gender” modulate levels of testosterone that circulate in our bodies. Throughout, I make clear how this biobehavioral research framework can be a feminist and queer successor science that moves beyond binaries to more empirical, accurate, and just knowledge. (PsycInfo Database Record (c) 2022 APA, all rights reserved)

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2023-15924-001

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News