ADVERTISEMENT

Frisco Kid makes a YUGE impact in the Super Bowl

echeese

IDMAS. . it don't make a shit
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Frisco
Nick Bolton is from Lone Star HS in Frisco, school is actually closer to my house than Wakeland where my kid went. Our own @drano21 was one of his favorite teachers at school.

Bolton had one heck of a game including the scoop and score off Hurts fumble. He was screwed by replay a 2nd TD when the KC DB rocked the ball loose from the Iggles pass catcher. Replay ruled it an incompletion but even the Fox rules expert though it was a fumble recovered for a TD ruled on the field.

The Super Bowl MVP ended up -- no shock -- in the hands of Patrick Mahomes, who valiantly led the Kansas City Chiefs to a 38-35 victory in Super Bowl LVII over the Philadelphia Eagles.
But there was a legitimate case to be made for Nick Bolton being worthy of sharing the hardware.
The Chiefs linebacker spearheaded Kansas City defensively, leading the way with a game-high nine tackles and arguably the most important play of the game early for Kansas City -- a 36-yard fumble return in the second quarter to tie the game at 14.
It was a play that came to Bolton in a dream recently.

"I actually had a dream about scooping and scoring and winning the Super Bowl, probably like two nights ago," he said. "So for it to happen, it's surreal."
There were 45 more points scored after that, so you can forgive Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo after the game for forgetting that his middle linebacker actually helped contribute to the shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News