ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

I don't care what Tom Herman say's. I want Fairy Dust damnit!
Good game Sooners, played well when it counted. I really love to see UT not giving up, they played hard till the end which I so refreshing to see vs the last several years. I think it speaks well for what this coaching staff is doing. For anyone to say this team has not improved is beyond me, but they sure as hell aren't where they need to be either. Will take a year or two of getting the players he wants and needs, we just all have to be reserved to that fact.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Bro you're pretty hard on kids man. I get it that everyone is fed up with losing but some of the comments are stupid.

21-22 year olds are not "kids" You freaking serious?

And I'm sorry if It would hurt their feelings to be told they have to give more effort, change their mediocre mindset and stop making excuses for themselves...like "they're just kids"

I think every dang one of them would like to play in the NFL. Well, they don't take mentally weak players that have a mediocre mindset. And if they do, they don't keep them for long.

I don't care what Tom Herman say's. I want Fairy Dust damnit!
Good game Sooners, played well when it counted. I really love to see UT not giving up, they played hard till the end which I so refreshing to see vs the last several years. I think it speaks well for what this coaching staff is doing. For anyone to say this team has not improved is beyond me, but they sure as hell aren't where they need to be either. Will take a year or two of getting the players he wants and needs, we just all have to be reserved to that fact.
Yep. Once our OL gets healthy, I expect our running game to help out this offense. As the LHN crew is saying "our offense is pass-if nobody open, run Sam run". Once this happens, our balance will give us some quality wins.

Wait isn't Sam 18 and so is Carter? And Mapps is 19? Don't start arguing man someone will get their feelings hurt and then be blocked just like someone on here has with me

Wait isn't Sam 18 and so is Carter? And Mapps is 19? Don't start arguing man someone will get their feelings hurt and then be blocked just like someone on here has with me

Is this in response to me?

I love Sam, Mapps and Carter. I stated that Sam will soon have players around him on both sides with his grit and attitude. He has a winners attitude. That will infect others in his class and those to come. It's probably too late for the older guys...most of them anyway.

Am I really that off base by saying a majority of the Jrs and Srs, guys we have to rely on, don't have that mindset? I mean, really?

I havn't read 1 bit of this game thread but decided to throw in my immediate post-game,half drunk reaction. My guess is there are a ton of angry posts but mine is not.

Good job Horns. You didn't bring back the golden hat this time but from what I saw you're damn close to putting back together. You did not give up when down multiple scores early. Instead you kept giving it your all and took the lead mid 4th. Nobody likes to lose but i'll take this loss over ANY wins of the last few years. Why? Because the effort & drive are finally there. A little more experience and a few new pieces will have you back in the front of the pack! Great damn game!

TH, I dont care if you have to burn 5 f-ing schollys to do so but get us a got-dam kicker next year! A 5star WR will make some plays for sure but an automatic 3pts at the 30 wins games. Make this a priority please. Instead of 3-3, we'd likely be 5-1 now if we had competent place kicking.
Good game Sooners, I wish nothing but the very worst.
HOOK 'EM

Is this in response to me?

I love Sam, Mapps and Carter. I stated that Sam will soon have players around him on both sides with his grit and attitude. He has a winners attitude. That will infect others in his class and those to come. It's probably too late for the older guys...most of them anyway.

Am I really that off base by saying a majority of the Jrs and Srs, guys we have to rely on, don't have that mindset? I mean, really?

I get it but someone else could take it wrong it's like the political threads almost someone will not always agree

It’s ovbious Herman has no confidence in his FG kicker but when asked during the week he says he won’t make a change. If your not going to trust him to kick why won’t you make a change? If Herman fails at Texas his stubbornness will probably be his down fall.

It’s ovbious Herman has no confidence in his FG kicker but when asked during the week he says he won’t make a change. If your not going to trust him to kick why won’t you make a change? If Herman fails at Texas his stubbornness will probably be his down fall.

Stubbornness and pride is the downfall of just about any one that fails at something.

However, ultimately I think TH will be successful. I think he will self reflect and make necessary changes within his principles and philosophies

In the RRS Prediction thread I mentioned that a good measuring stick for a coach is his ability to bounce back from a RRS loss. Now is Herman's chance and we'll see how UT comes out against Ok. St. next week.

Reactions: outhereincali
Stubbornness and pride is the downfall of just about any one that fails at something.

However, ultimately I think TH will be successful. I think he will self reflect and make necessary changes within his principles and philosophies
There is no doubt he will grow as a coach but this one seems pretty ovbious and shouldn’t require much reflection.

21-22 year olds are not "kids" You freaking serious?

You're assuming everyone on this team are seniors? Seriously? Weak minded? Bro this isn't the military it's football and most of the team are young. Being a dick about the team you support and these kids are still learning. But to each their own. You do you.

Reactions: outhereincali
I havn't read 1 bit of this game thread but decided to throw in my immediate post-game,half drunk reaction. My guess is there are a ton of angry posts but mine is not.

Good job Horns. You didn't bring back the golden hat this time but from what I saw you're damn close to putting back together. You did not give up when down multiple scores early. Instead you kept giving it your all and took the lead mid 4th. Nobody likes to lose but i'll take this loss over ANY wins of the last few years. Why? Because the effort & drive are finally there. A little more experience and a few new pieces will have you back in the front of the pack! Great damn game!

TH, I dont care if you have to burn 5 f-ing schollys to do so but get us a got-dam kicker next year! A 5star WR will make some plays for sure but an automatic 3pts at the 30 wins games. Make this a priority please. Instead of 3-3, we'd likely be 5-1 now if we had competent place kicking.
Good game Sooners, I wish nothing but the very worst.
HOOK 'EM

I agree completely. we made the decision to go for it on a very tough 4th down. Yet we had a 44 yard field goal available. If you make that you can go down at the end of the game and kick a FG to win it. Why won't we try Naggar.

Let's face it...MB was driving us into the ground and Strong dug the hole deeper. There is not much depth on the team but Herman is getting what he can from these guys. This group that is left has had zero consistency with coordinators on both sides of the ball and with injuries we are lucky to have been in any games. I may bitch and gripe during the games but that is what I do, like the rest if you. I said last week that every game from here out will be a ugly dogfight but I prefer a dogfight to a blowout anytime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT