ADVERTISEMENT

Help me understand the Ohio State football program this year. Consensus #1?

Good.Shepherd

Amor Fati
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2007
I’m not sure I understand why they are ranked so high this year. Most preseason polls have them at #1.

They have questions at QB.
They have some sizable issues on OL.
They will have an amazing defense and RBs, but those things alone don’t really get you a championship.

I’ve always been told you win a championship with your interior OL + interior DL + QB room. They seem to have only 1/3 of that equation and still are sitting at consensus #1.

I also don’t understand how they stockpiled so much talent. While Michigan was surging they didn’t seem to take a hit. They didn’t have any major losses from the portal and have come out way ahead the last few years. Hell, even Kirby Smart is losing players to the portal in numbers, but kids seem to really want to play for Ryan Day even though he has 2 conference championships (but not in the last 3 years and his last was the Covid year with air and players), is 2-4 in bowl games. The tOSU fans are largely disgruntled with him and even the radio guys seem like they are tolerating him at best.

I find the brand to be a bit exhausted and tired and yet they are staying at the top.

So help me get some perspective on them. Where do they fit and how are they thriving like they are the last few years post Meyer?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News