ADVERTISEMENT

How do Longhorns see their rivals?

WoadBlue

Aug 15, 2008
Whenever people ask about how UNC fans tend to see our rivals, I say that with UVA (The South's Oldest Rivalry), we have great respect. It is a matter of true peers who want to defeat each other whil maintaining total respect. With Dook, much of the respect remains, but while UVA is like your closest couson, Dook is like your richest and most obnoxious cousin. You still respect him for a host of things, but he is obnoxious.

NC State is like your cousin from across the tracks. You feel sorry for him, but every time you do, he acts to remind you why you would much prefer that he not be in your family. He is trash, so there is no respect either way. He hates you and lives for that hatred, and you just want to get away from him and his never ending envy.

So how do Longhorns see rivalries with A&M, OU, Baylor, Tech, TCU?

Our main rival is OU by a country mile, they are our peer the one school we play every year and strive to beat more than any other.

Next would be aggsy, but they are seldom competitive and our record against them is laughable. They only time they have enjoyed any lasting success against Texas was when they were cheating their asses off.

Outside of those two, there really isn't. Arkansas used to be, and there is still a lot of hate, but it's all from old guys and the natural rivalry that has built from the Big 12 SEC thing.

Nebraska and Texas were getting pretty heated, and we respect, or at lease used to respect Nebraska, but all that changed when they bolted. They are the main reason I'd consider joining the B1G. Just to renew our annual ass kicking ritual.

I will never understand the concept of "rivalry". Every opponent my alma mater faces is just in the way as far as I'm concerned. No reason to hate anyone - that sh!t just means you're scared. And who on this planet should Texas ever be scared of?

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
aggy, meth aggy, bible aggy, sand aggy and hot, rich girls
So the hot rich grils tend to be clustered at TCU? `
I will never understand the concept of "rivalry". Every opponent my alma mater faces is just in the way as far as I'm concerned. No reason to hate anyone - that sh!t just means you're scared. And who on this planet should Texas ever be scared of?
Scared of rivals? That is the case with some schools that have a sense of inferiority. But is not a necessary part of the definition.

In the SWC...Arky was our biggest rival. We had a war every year. When you went to Fayettville to play you had to drive to the stadium with a full tank of gas, because no one in the State of Arky would sell you any to get out of the state with if you won....It was more than a heated rivalry, it was a hated rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT