ADVERTISEMENT

I believe a win over ISU clinches a Big 12 CCG (with math)

viejid

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2006
I think it's tricky because it boils down to evaluating what happens if each of KSU, OU, and OSU all finish with 2 conference losses and every combination thereof. But I think no matter what set of 3 end up in a tie, we're mathematically in.

So if it's:
KSU and OU, then H2H doesn't count (KSU didn't play OU) and we move to record vs highest opponent in the standings. This benefits us because our only two losses are vs OU (which is not part of the tie breaker now) and Texas Tech. However, Texas Tech is not a common opponent to all 3 (didn't play OU), so whatever opponent it falls down to, we would have a win and either OU or KSU would have a loss, therefore we make the title game.

KSU and OSU, then H2H doesn't count, and same logic applies. Highest common opponent in the standings would not be OU or Tech (no KSU vs OU, no OSU vs Tech), and so again it would go to a team that we beat and they didn't (ISU or KU).

OU and OSU, then same thing, and again highest common opponent wouldn't be OU or Tech, so it goes to an opponent that we beat - again, most likely ISU or KU.

If it's all 3 of OU, OSU and LSU, obv H2H doesn't count, next common opponent would be ISU or KU and regardless it does not eliminate us, which then reduces to one of the 3-way ties above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News