ADVERTISEMENT

I like the way ……..

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
Wyoming kept their mouth shut about starting QB not playing we wasn’t prepared for the other guy . They were smart rolling him away from pressure. Not sure why we kept allowing the inside zone play to work? Or the quick out passes ? I’m glad they exposed what we need to correct. Not sure why we keep dropping passes and have erratic throws but our run game stepped up pretty good when needed . I think we overlooked them and was hung over from Bama game . I’m a bit concerned they were able to pressure us and cover our receivers so well . Luckily our depth finally showed up in the 4th and it was a gritty win . Rant over let’s fix our mistakes learn and move on next game up a Baylor team in Waco that has nothin to lose and usually gets up for us ! Hookem !

Reactions: oldhorn2
Even Texas 2005 had adversity and bumps in the road.

Ohio State obviously. Oklahoma State jumped out to 28-9 halftime lead. Texas A&M game we looked like crap.

Those moments build your character one way or another. All teams have them. I don't remember very many NCs that didn't have at least a couple of those moments.

Hell, even 2001 Miami had to fight to the bitter end against Boston College, and VaTech. And '01 Miami and '05 Texas are considered by many to be the best teams this century.

No, please no, I'm not saying this Texas team is '05 Texas or '01 Miami, just using them as reference.

There are going to be moments. As a coach, it is easier to deal with them because you're in the moment and all you're thinking about is how to adjust and overcome. As a fan, I suck at dealing with them because there is NOTHING I can do about it, LOLOLOL. Why I'm so irrational as a Texas fan. Literally don't care about Rangers, Cowboys, etc. The Dallas Stars get me a little worked up, but not even close to Texas football.

This is a game the 2021 and 2022 teams find a way to lose. That’s 2 weeks in a row we scored 21 points in the 4th quarter and ran the ball late when we had too.

I think we look back at the end of the year and see Wyoming and Rice are 2 pretty good football teams that would beat over half the teams in the Big 12 this year.

“I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking”. Van Halen “Everybody Wants Some” Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I know this thread is about something else, but my mind instantly thought of this when I read the title of this thread
“I’ll even pay for it”.

• Haha
Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT