ADVERTISEMENT

Inside the War Room (February 11th - Part II.... War and Peace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
It’s time for another update of the Lone Star Recruiting Top 100 for 2012, but I thought I would mix things up a little bit.

First, I’m debuting the top 25 in the War Room and we’ll roll out the rest of the top 100 on Friday. Second, I decided to take the entire top 25 and provide another thorough primer on the recruitments of the top prospects in Texas and how things sit with the Longhorns.

This is a long report… I’m talking just shy of 6,000 words and that’s only after I cut it down some. If you need a crash course on what’s going on with the difference makers in the 2012 Class, this is your War Room.

Here’s the scoring primer:

5.0 - Expected to become a certain Longhorn commitment if offered
4.0 - Texas is a clear leader if offered.
3.0 - The Longhorns are in the top 2-3 for sure, but not an outright leader.
2.0 - The Longhorns are in the mix, but not considered a front-runner.
1.0 - It ain’t happening.

Let’s get started…

1. Mario Edwards (DE - Denton Ryan)

Odds on landing him: 3.0

Breakdown: Although there are a number of teams listed in the mix, this figures to be a Florida State/Texas showdown when the dust settles, but after an early pole position, the Longhorns almost certainly have ground to make up on Florida State. The good news for the Longhorns is that they likely will have time to rebuild what once existed, but the Seminoles are going to make it extremely tough.

Key quotes: "I'm not going to commit until I go to one of the bowl games, the Under-Amour or something like that. I'll do it there.” (January 11th on Warchant.com)

"I don't have a leader, but there are a lot of schools interested." (January 11th on Warchant.com)

"Just being there with Jeffcoat, he's a defensive end, the same position I play and I think the same side if I'm not mistaken, and he was the No. 1 player in high school so it just opened my eyes that if I really work hard, put my mind to it, and continue to do what I'm doing, I can be the No. 1 player just like him and have a chance to go to Texas as well." (September 27th on OB)

"It was nice to see a defense I like, that Texas-style defense, and how everything operates right there in front of me. I definitely liked it. I was honored to meet Muschamp and Mack Brown. They seemed really, really cool. They didn't want me there as an athlete. They were more concerned in me as a student-athlete. That was a pleasure." (September 27th on OB)

“What really was the big thing for me was talking to Mack Brown, the man who runs it all, and him telling me he wants me to be there to play for him. That was the big thing for me.” (October 1st on OB)

2. Cayleb Jones (WR - Austin High)

Odds on landing him: 4.0

Breakdown: This is a recruitment that will be interesting to watch because I’ve long thought the Longhorns are the team to beat and now that an offer is on the horizon, there’s some local speculation that the Longhorns could land the star receiver sooner rather than later.

Key quote: “I'm not in any rush. I’m just taking it day by day. I’m still seeing what every school has to offer, what they're about, how the coaches coach, the campus tradition and campus lifestyle.” (February 10th on OB)

"It's kind of tough. Coaches at Texas are leaving that I like a lot. I've been talking to OU a little, the Oregon coaches came to my high school. Texas Tech has come on the most. They watch us workout since they can't really talk to me much. Texas A&M, I have a connection with them. I've been talking to (A&M wide receivers) coach (Troy) Walters, (head) coach (Mike) Sherman. Coach (Bob) Stoops (OU) came by the last week of school." (December 31st on OB)

"It's tough. But I trust coach Mack Brown. Whoever he brings in there is going to be elite. If it's best for coach Kennedy, he has to do what's best for him and his family. The same with (Will) Muschamp and (Greg) Davis, they have to do what's best for them. I understand that.

"There's really no stable position for any coach. They have to do what's best for them. I still love Texas a lot. They're still at the top of my list. There are still other schools I like a lot, but there's no doubting the Texas program in my mind." (December 31st on OB)

"Things like depth chart, school tradition, how the players like the school, and how they like their coaches and I want to be on a winning team. But really you can't really base your decision one thing, there are so many things that go into it." (December 20th on SoonerScoop.com)

3. Johnathan Gray (RB - Aledo)

Breakdown: At one point, Gray was a guy that some suspected was a silent commitment for the Longhorns, but the events of last season appeared to have changed the dynamics of his recruitment. A number of people close to his recruitment believe that the Longhorns are still the team to beat. The main competition isn’t likely Texas Tech, but TCU, as the Horned Frogs have been rising up his list quickly in the last six months. Still, would Gray pick TCU/Big East over the Longhorns? That would be a landmark recruiting moment.

Key quotes: "I'm as wide open as I can be right now while I just try to weigh my options. I'm hearing from a lot of people so I want to make sure I give everyone a chance to show me what they have to offer," he said. "It's going to be a long year and who knows what could happen during my senior season. It's going to be a lot of work to narrow down some of these great choices, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out." (February 3rd on RedRaiderSports.com)

"It was a great weekend in Austin. We beat the No. 1 team in Texas and we went and watched Texas. It was a great weekend," Gray said. "It was a real good experience. It was a great atmosphere. The fans got into it. It was a great game." (September 12th on OB)

"Their running game is getting better so that's good. Their passing game is still good. They should have a good team this year," Gray said. "Their running game is mostly downhill. I like going downhill in the running game so that's good. And their running backs run hard." (September 12th on OB)

4. Trey Williams (RB - Spring Dekaney)

Breakdown: Williams has been keeping his public comments fairly even, but there’s a feeling from all parties involved that if the Longhorns offer the dynamic runner, it would be very difficult for him to say no.

Key quotes: "I never gave up on Texas. It’s not anything like that. I like Texas, I just haven't been there. I still need to see the campus, see what it's like. My whole thing about Texas, they've had a few running backs come through like Ricky Williams and Cedric Benson. They've had a lot of good guys like Vince Young. I wouldn't mind being a part of the tradition.” (February 10th on OB)

"What kind of offense is run, what kind of people are you going be around, what kind of atmosphere there is. I don't want to be around any of that nonsense. I definitely like the I formation. Location has a lot to do with it. I want my parents to be able to come to my games. That plays a big factor. Oklahoma and LSU are close enough. Alabama and Auburn… it all depends. My parents wouldn't be able to come to all of my games live. I've talked to them about it and they said that they have ways to do that." (January 28th on Aggieyell.com)

“At this point, everybody is in the same category. There’s nobody that's really over anybody else. Everyone is in the same category. I just look at it as it's just getting kind of overcrowded, so I’m going to take my time. I’m not going to put anybody over the rest. I’ve only gone to three schools - LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M. I haven't even been to Texas.” (January 14th on OB)

“I think Texas is a great program. Texas is a nice school. I wouldn't mind being a part of their running back tradition. Texas has great athletes. I wouldn't mind being a part of that tradition.” (January 14th on OB)

"It's still the same three (Texas, Texas A&M and Auburn)." (December 27th on Aggieyell.com)

"Really, Texas A&M, Auburn and LSU right now would be my top three/ Auburn has been running a lot. They like to run and I like their offense. Texas A&M has shown a lot of love. So has Auburn. The atmosphere at Texas A&M is great. I could really see myself going there. I went to the LSU camp. They had nice facilities, a lot of good backs have come from there." (November 18th on OB)

"I'm getting some letters from them. But it's not that that much, not as much attention as some of the other schools," Williams said. "But I'm definitely going to reach out to Texas. I like Texas." (November 18th on OB)

“I definitely like UT. I'm kind of focused on them right now. Major Applewhite came up here (in the spring). I'm definitely keeping my options open but I really like Texas. It has a lot to do with my family being able to go to my games. The best athletes go to Texas. There are a lot of standout athletes that have come through Texas - VY, Ricky Williams - I want to be a part of that.” (June 18th on OB)

5. Malcom Brown (DT -Brenham)

Breakdown: Texas A&M seems to be the team to beat for the Brenham standout DT and some following his recruitment feel like the Aggies aren’t going to get beat in this one. This is a very, very important weekend for the Longhorns, who have some clear ground to make up.

Key quotes: “A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas and probably Oklahoma State.” (February 2nd on AggieYello.com)

"As for now, I just want to take my time and see what options come rolling in." (August 9th on AggieYell.com)

"Texas A&M offered me. They all came down here one day and watched me lift weights. "It's close to home and I would like to go there," he added. "It's in the Big 12. There are some opportunities for me to go there and do some stuff on the defensive line." (March 17th on OB)

"I watch like every college team, but my uncle likes Texas and I would like to go there or Oklahoma, or Oregon, or TCU," Brown said. "There are some colleges out there I'd like to go to." (March 17th on OB)

6. Dominique Wheeler (WR - Crockett)

Odds on landing him: Wheeler lists A&M and TCU as his leaders, but they have been recruiting him longer than Texas, which represents his dream school as a kid. This weekend is a huge one for the Longhorns and I think they can make up a ton of ground very soon.

Breakdown: 3.0

Key quotes: "I liked Texas when I was growing up as a little kid. They were my favorite college team. This is a big experience for me since I really liked Texas. I've always thought I'd be happy to go play football there. So it's nice to just have this opportunity to go visit them." (February 10th on OB)

"I want to wait and take my time. I'm not committing this year. I'm going to wait until next year to commit. I'm just going to wait until my senior year, see how things play out." (February 10th on OB)

"Right now I'm just liking A&M and TCU right now. Those two are the one's I like the most. A&M is close to home and it's a big school and they do well with academics too. For me it's not all about football, it's about going to get an education somewhere." (January 31st on PurpleMenace.com)

7. Javonte Magee (DT - San Antonio Sam Houston)

Breakdown: Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, and Baylor are schools consistently listed high for Magee, who has maintained a pretty open position on the recruiting front. This is another kid that I think the Longhorns could make some big waves with this weekend, especially if he skips the TCU trip for Saturday and only attends the Texas Junior Day on Sunday.

Key quotes: "It depends on how I feel about the school, if I feel like I'm going to go there I'm going to commit… I don't really have any favorites.” (February 9th on Purplemenace.com)

"I really liked it. When I first got there, they treated us well. They made us feel welcome, gave us a tour of the place. I really liked it.” (November 2nd on OB)

"If I had to pick one right now, it would be Texas A&M as my front runner," Magee said. "Their coach puts a lot of defensive players in the NFL, especially the d=-linemen. I want to go to the NFL too." (September 21st on OB)

"(Texas is) right on their heels. I like their program. They win a lot of championships and Big 12 championships. I would like to have those too." (September 21st on OB)

8. Michael Starts (OL - Waco La Vega)

Breakdown: There’s a feeling that the Longhorns could pick up a commitment this weekend for the ultra-athletic line prospect.

Key quote: "It's a big school and I want to get to know more about the school and the football program. I think it would be a good program to go to." (January 24th on OB)

9. Curtis Riser (OL - DeSoto)

Breakdown: Riser has maintained an open position publicly, but there’s a feeling behind the scenes that the Longhorns are the team to beat, especially after a full year of courtship and with the DeSoto pipeline running strong. He’s another kid to watch very closely this weekend. He was expected to visit LSU last weekend for a Junior Day, but the bad weather across the state kept that from occurring. Advantage, Texas.

Key quotes: "LSU is definitely near my top. I've been getting a lot of letters from them and I've been liking them since I was four or five years old. I played with Evan Washington so I know somebody that's going to LSU. That's made my dream even bigger." (February 5th on Tigerbait.com)

”He’s one of coolest coaches I've ever met. Every time I go down there, (Bruce Chambers is) the main coach I talk to every time. Plus he’s from a high school in Dallas, he’s pretty well known around here.” (January 2nd on OB)

"When (Mac McWhorter) retired, I didn't even really know until my coach told me like two weeks after he did. That was really big at first. But if I made a commitment to a school or if a school was at my top right now, I'm not going to move them off the list because a coach left. But he was definitely a major factor being the coach who recruited me." (December 29th on OB)

“Whoever offers me a visit I’m going to go there because I’m open to all schools right now.” (November 14th on OB)

"I'm interested in all schools right now. I grew up liking Texas and LSU, so those two are definitely in my top group right now. But like I said, I'm open to all schools." (October 26th on OB))

"It will definitely be my gut feeling, making sure that it's the right place for me. I go to church and pray a lot about God letting me choose the right school for me to peaceful. When I feel at peace, I'll know it and that's where I'll choose." (October 26th on OB)

“You go look at (Texas’) facilities and those are A1 class. I haven’t seen anybody else’s because that’s the only college camp I went to. But I don’t think anyone’s facilities are like that.” (June 18th on OB)

10. Bralon Addison (Ath - FB Hightower)

Odds on landing him: 2.0

Breakdown: Addison is thought to really like Oklahoma State, although a number of schools are in the mix. The Longhorns at this point do not appear to be one of them.

Key quotes: "I haven't really heard anything from them yet. I've been waiting for them to get everything straightened out and then we'll see.” (January 27th on OB)

"So far, you know, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Texas Tech, U of H, and Baylor have offered me but I've just been kind of taking everything slow. My high school season just ended right now so I'm kind of taking everything slow and letting everything die down a little bit and I'm letting the colleges finish their seasons up and then I'll just take the process real slow. (December 2nd on OStateIllustrated.com)

"I'm still trying to get out and see some more schools. I've only seen a couple so I'm just kind of keeping my options open right now. "The schools that are recruiting me the hardest right now are Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Alabama, and Oregon.” (December 2nd on OStateIllustrated.com)

“They're a good program. I grew up in Texas, watched them a lot. It would be a real blessing if I do hear from them. If I get the chance to hear from them, that would be great with the type of program and tradition they have.” (November 5th on OB)

"I couldn't really break it down and give a list. I like a lot of schools. I'm such a big fan of college football, it's been my dream to play college ball so I'm just looking at everybody." (September 14th on OB)

11. Thomas Johnson (WR - Dallas Skyline)

Odds on landing him: 3.0 (perhaps too low)

Breakdown: Oklahoma and TCU have offered and have on the full-court press, but there’s a feeling that the Longhorns have emerged as a quiet leader. Watch him this weekend.

Key quotes: "[My coach] was telling me [Texas] wanted me to go down there for their junior day to see how they do things down there. I like Texas. I'm looking forward to going down there and seeing how they are. It's going to be my first junior day. I'm real anxious." (January 17th on OB)

"Me and coach [Brent] Venables didn't really talk, I just introduced myself to him. I talked to the head coach at Notre Dame the day they gave me an offer. Whatever school that comes by Skyline I'll talk to them.” (January 17th on OB)

"Academics. What I'm interested in is if all else fails, and I have to rely on my brains instead of my brawn, can I be successful in life even though I lost my athletic ability or whatever? If I got into a freak accident or something, would I still be able to be successful?" (December 2nd on irishIllustrated.com)

12. Christian Okafor (OL - Houston Westbury)

Odds on landing him: 1.0

Breakdown: Okafor has a brother that starts for Texas Tech and he has already given a commitment to the Red Raiders.

13. Kennedy Estelle (OL - Pearland Dawson)

Breakdown: Estelle is picking up interest from all over the country, but the Longhorns are thought to be the team to beat and Texas A&M is probably running second at this point.

Key quotes: "To be honest, I don't know much about (A&M). I know they had a good year, that they're progressing. My dad really likes that school. He was shocked at how good it was up there." (January 27th on AggieYell.com)

"The Longhorns, they're cool. If I go there it would probably be better because my family is down here. I'm just waiting to see all my other choices and I'll talk it over with my family." (January 12th on OB)

"I just want to go to a program where I can have people I can relate to and somewhere I can get an education and have fun at the same time and be on a good team with good leaders so I can learn more and get better at the game.” (January 12th on OB)

14. Jordan Richmond (LB - Denton Ryan)

Breakdown: There was a time when Texas was in total command, but Texas A&M has claimed a position of strength with the coaching changes. Texas is his dream school, but they have some catching up to do and at this point they haven’t really made a move in that direction.

Key Quotes: "Everything was really good (at the A&M Junior Day). I felt really loved and at home." (February 7th on AggieYell.com)

"More than anything I really love football, but since I was born but I always kind of liked Texas, I always watched them, that was always my favorite but it's not a big deal.” (January 27th on SoonerScoop.com)

"I'm hearing from A&M, Auburn, Oregon, Miami. Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, TCU, Arkansas, Alabama, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, and Colorado," he said. "Oklahoma State and Missouri send a lot of handwritten letters. Their whole staff writes me at one. I get emails from Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, and A&M." (January 12th on AggieYell.com)

"I haven't heard (Texas) until the coach came down. I was kind of surprised to see him." (January 12th on AggieYell.com)

"I've been invited to junior days at A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, and Notre Dame," he said. "I haven't decided which ones to go to yet except for A&M. I think I will make it to theirs. I don't know which one yet, either January 22 or January 29. I want to kind of narrow it down to the schools I want to see, maybe the schools talking to me the hardest. I'm not really sure yet." (January 12th on AggieYell.com)

"I want to kind of stay close to home, but if the opportunity is better if it farther away I will have to take advantage of it. Time will tell." (January 12th on AggieYell.com)

"A&M has to be one of my favorites right now. I love the community and love the crowd. It's a whole different type of atmosphere. They love football and they love the Aggies. That's really cool to see. I kind of like Oklahoma State. I just like their school. I want to find out more about them. Texas has always been a childhood favorite but I haven't heard much from them lately. Notre Dame is my dad's favorite school. I always watched the games with him every weekend. I've always kind of liked them too." (January 12th on AggieYell.com)

15. Brian Nance (LB - Euless Trinity)

Breakdown: The offers are starting to roll in from some major national powers, but the Longhorns aren’t really in the mix at this point.

Key quotes: "USC, Notre Dame and OU (have offered). Other schools like Oregon are starting to come in now. Actually none of the Texas schools are showing a lot of interest yet." (January 24th on PurpleMenace.com)

"I want to wait until after my senior year, probably close to signing day that's when I might do it. Take a couple of visits, and see some schools. I'll pretty much have it narrowed down by then.” (January 18th on OB)

"I'm just starting to pick out some schools that I could spend my next few years and see which program I fit in the most with, I'm just narrowing it down. I'm planning on making my choice in the spring.” (October 6th on Soonerscoop.com)

"I'm narrowing down to like a certain five by a certain time and all together start picking out the schools that I am the most interested in." (October 6th on Soonerscoop.com)

"I moved from Buffalo, N.Y., all my schools that have been favorites are from all over. I'm a person that likes to travel, I'm really looking forward to Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma, and Penn State, they have a great linebacker tradition.” (July 29th on Soonerscoop.com)

"A lot of schools have a winning program but out of all the programs I've just always liked Florida, Texas and Oklahoma. The people that went through all three of those schools are stars." (July 29th on Soonerscoop.com)

16. LaDarrell McNeil (CB - A. Maceo Smith)

Breakdown: McNeil has described Texas as his dream school in the past and this weekend could go a long way towards securing his commitment.

Key quote: "Right now it's Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma. That's about it right now. I haven't just seen a lot or been anywhere. I have just been hearing players that have been telling me about things. That's about all.” (August 10th on AggieYell.com)

“I like the coaches there. I love their DB coach (Akina). They taught me a lot of things that I can use and I taught some of it to my teammates. I love their coach up there. His enthusiasm and the way he works, he really tries to make you get better. I like that about him.” (July 16th on OB)

“I’d say it’s about an 80 percent chance. I like Texas. It's not far away from home. My parents can come and watch and then I just love the orange, the stadium, the excitement. And I know I'll get educated there. I want to go somewhere where I can get a good education in case I don't make it to the NFL. I want to get an education and get a great mind in business.” (July 16th on OB)

17. Derek David (LB - Rockdale)

Breakdown: Qualifying is a major question mark for David, who could be headed to Blinn Junior College for a couple of years before he heads anywhere. He is still committed to Texas Tech, but it sounds like there’s some uncertainty about his situation as it relates to the people that are following his recruitment the closest. As far as pure talent is concerned, this kid is a top 10 prospect, but other questions have caused his ranking to slip for the time being.

Key quotes: "I guess what stood out is how many people that were there. You get an out of state school and they still had that many people there. I just watched the game and then left," David said. "The linebackers did okay for the most part but then UCLA started to run all over them. I think they just wore down " (September 27th on OB)

"Ohio St. they have a good head coach and run a great defense and their crowd is real loud. Alabama, I've liked the head coach Nick Saban since I was a kid and they run a tough defense. Texas A&M, all the coaches are cool up there and I like the place. It's okay up there. Texas, it's probably the head coach Mack Brown and Will Muschamp. Texas Tech, I like all the coaches and I like I can get around there. The town its spread out and I liked the town." (June 16th on OB)

18. Tim Wright (RB - La Marque)

Breakdown: Yet another pretty wide-open recruitment at this point. Wright is one of the more dynamic players in the 2012 class and Texas Tech is the one school listed on his offer list, but the Longhorns have not made a move at this point.

19. Tim Cole (LB - Brenham)

Breakdown: It’s a Texas vs. Texas A&M battle and it seems like the Aggies have a lot of momentum going for them, although he originally is a big Texas fan. He visited a few weeks back and he’s clearly a guy the staff likes a lot. He’s likely going to take a few more visits before he makes a decision.

Key quote: "Yeah (Texas) bumped up.” (January 23rd on OB)

"They've been coming down to the school frequently and watching my film. They really can't talk to me, but they've been talking to my coach and watching my film. They say they like it." (January 11th on OB)

"That's a hard one. I guess I would say A&M, UT, OU, Nebraska, and I'm looking forward to Florida offering. I like how their defenses are." (January 11th on OB)

"I don't have a specific favorite, but basically all of the schools that have offered me are my favorites." (November 23rd on AggieYell.com)

"I like that they produce good players, year in and year out. (UT is) always competing for a number one spot every year. I like that. They have good athletics facilities and a good track record for winning." (October 13th on OB)

20. Matt Davis (QB - Klein Forest)

Breakdown: The Longhorns already have their quarterback for 2012 and there’s some thought that Auburn will be tough to beat.

21. Peter Jinkens (LB - Dallas Skyline)

Breakdown: The Longhorns were once his favorite, but they have really slipped on his list over the course of the last few months. A&M is the new team to beat.

Key quote: "I would say A&M, Oregon, Texas and Alabama (are my leaders). A&M, I just like them because they're recruiting me hard. Texas, I've liked Texas ever since I was little. Oregon, they're No. 1 and they have nice jerseys. I wouldn't mind playing for them at all. Alabama, I just like Alabama. They're really good." (November 30th on OB)

"I like A&M because everything down there is just good and all the fans love the players and I like how the defense plays because they play with a lot of enthusiasm. It was just a real good experience down there." (November 30th on OB)

"I like Texas A&M, I'm also kind of thinking about Oregon, Texas, Oklahoma and LSU. But I'm keeping my options open." (October 19th on OB)

“Basically just Texas because their whole history of producing good players,” Jinkens said. “Watching them I used to say mom I want to go to Texas. Just to know they really have interest in me and just being with them it just feels right.” (July 30th on OB)

“I just like their passion for the game. They would get so hyped and ready to play,” he said. “I don’t know I just feel like I should be Longhorn. It would feel good. I like the history of everybody who has been there. It’s just a real nice school.” (July 30th on OB)

22. Jeremiah Tshimanga (LB - Richland Hills)

Breakdown: Texas is a school he’s described as a dream school in the past, but he’s not scheduled to come in this weekend and might be a guy that comes in for the second Junior day later in the month.

Key quote: "Right now it's Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma. That's about it right now. I haven't just seen a lot or been anywhere. I have just been hearing players that have been telling me about things. That's about all.” (August 10th on AggieYell.com)

“I like the coaches there. I love their DB coach (Akina). They taught me a lot of things that I can use and I taught some of it to my teammates. I love their coach up there. His enthusiasm and the way he works, he really tries to make you get better. I like that about him.” (July 16th on OB)

“I’d say it’s about an 80 percent chance. I like Texas. It's not far away from home. My parents can come and watch and then I just love the orange, the stadium, the excitement. And I know I'll get educated there. I want to go somewhere where I can get a good education in case I don't make it to the NFL. I want to get an education and get a great mind in business.” (July 16th on OB)

23. John Michael McGee (OL -Texarkana Texas High)

Breakdown: The Longhorns are a school that McGee once listed as a co-leader, but they haven’t showed as much interest in him and his leaderboard has changed in recent weeks.

Key quotes: "Oklahoma and Missouri right now are my top two, but it could change before it's all over. There's a lot of schools." (January 19th on OB)

"Oklahoma and Texas are my top two right now. I visited Oklahoma this summer and they made it feel like home, so Oklahoma is my favorite. It's not a big drop-off, but those two are sticking out." (October 7th on OB)

"Growing up, I always watched Texas. Me and my family watched Texas. Basically, it's everybody's dream in Texas high school football to play at Texas." (October 7th on OB)

“I’ve met coach McWhorter,” he said. “He came to my high school at the end of my ninth grade year and saw me walking around and I guess he kind of noticed me. Then this spring he came and he met with my head coach. (June 25th on OB)

“He’s a great coach and I really learned some new things I’ll be able to use this year in football. I’m looking forward to getting to know him a little bit better and keeping in contact with him.” (June 25th on OB)

24. Kendall Sanders (Ath -Athens)

Breakdown: This 4.0 number is based completely on the fact that he’s said he would likely commit if offered, but at this point he hasn’t been invited for a Junior Day.

Key quotes: “I would probably jump on (a Texas offer). I grew up watching them.” (January 28th on OB)

"Texas, it's just great football, great athletes, great coaches, just overall greatness. That's my home school. If they invite me there, I would be there for sure. No hesitation about it." (January 28th on OB)

25. Corey Coleman (Ath -Richardson Pearce)

Breakdown: Coleman is starting to get offers and attention from schools all over the nation, but he hasn’t really talked about a lot of favorites.

This post was edited on 2/11 12:22 AM by Suchomel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News