ADVERTISEMENT

Instant analysis: It's good when a kid reminds me of Lyle Sendlein...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001

Cliff-notes:
The Longhorns picked up commitment No.16 for the 2021 recruiting class on Thursday when Jacksonville (Florida) Bishop Kennedy offensive lineman Michael Myslinski committed to the Longhorns in what turned out to be a tightly-contested battle against Michigan State.

Rankings: Myslinski is an three-star prospect in the current Rivals.com rankings. 247 currently has him ranked as a three-star prospect and No.132 in its Florida state rankings for the class of 2022, while ESPN has him ranked as a three-star and the No.77-ranked prospect in Florida.

Key Offers: Michigan State, Virginia, Arkansas, Florida State, Iowa, Louisville and Oregon.

Evaluation: Myslinski lacks a massive build, which has probably kept a lot of major programs from stepping forward with offers, but he's a fantastic technician that brings excellent footwork to the table as a legit center prospect. Again, Myslinski isn't a guy that's going to overpower people at the next level, but his use of his lands, leverage and natural football instincts make him a player that has a potentially high ceiling at the next level. We're probably looking at a player that will need a few more seasons of developing his strength and body, but there's no reason to think he won't eventually compete as a starting level player in 2-3 years down the road.

Texas player he somewhat reminds me of: Lyle Sendlein

Why it matters: The Longhorns needed a win among the offensive linemen it covets and the commitment of Myslinski takes a little bit of the growing pressure on offensive line coach Herb Hand to start making some hay with the 2021 class. Myslinski's recruiting ranking isn't glamorous and I'm not going to sell you on the idea that he has some sort of hidden NFL potential that isn't reflected in his ranking. However, what I will tell you is that this kid can play some football and brings a skill level to his position that is befitting of a higher-ranked player, even if it comes in the package of a guy that won't be the first off the bus. I think the Sendlein comparison is a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News