ADVERTISEMENT

Instant analysis: Putting a flag down in... Hawaii?

So OLB? Doesn't seem like he has the body for ILB
You have the positions reversed in terms of how Texas plays them. The smaller more agile guys play inside, the bigger more pass rush oriented guys play Jack and Buck on the outside. His size is fine for a guy who just finished his junior year for this position. He's currently 210 with another year of HS and only needs to get to 225 or 230 to be fine.

From 2002-18, the state of Hawaii has produced nine linebackers that were mid four, low four or high three stars. One went on to become an NFL player. The player that hit was Kaluka Miaava, who was a fourth round pick from USC (2005 class).

He was listed at 5-11, 205 coming out of HS.
Again…why is making the NFL your measure of success? With that bar, aggy’s recent class, considered the best ever, is going to be a failure. Only 1/3 of their 30 signees are high 4 or 5-stars.

Looking at the history of recruiting classes on Rivals, just getting 1/4 of your class to be high 4 or 5-stars gives you a Top 3 class, or at least a Top 5 class. How do you explain that?

Rodriguez from Okie state last 4 years
Rodriguez is a more explosive athlete, If you've never seen his senior HS film, you'll be amazed that he was a low three star athlete.

He just didn't get evaluated. He went to zero camps. Had two offers.

check out his senior stuff.

Reactions: El_Chile_Relleno
You are minimizing the commitment.

I'm properly framing it with regards to the historical data that exist.

Comparing him to Lewis is a compliment. Linebackers with his physical profile have less historical success than players with more ideal frames.

I'm properly framing it with regards to the historical data that exist.

Comparing him to Lewis is a compliment. Linebackers with his physical profile have less historical success than players with more ideal frames.
Again, why is your historical data measuring success based on being drafted? To me that bar is too high, given that even the best recruiting classes in history only have a 1/3 of their class rated high enough to truly reach your bar.

Again, why is your historical data measuring success based on being drafted? To me that bar is too high, given that even the best recruiting classes in history only have a 1/3 of their class rated high enough to truly reach your bar.

a. It's not subjective data.

b. It actually is a fairly low bar. It allows for a large parameter of success within the college level.

c. Contrary to opinions, it has far fewer anomalies than most want to believe.

d. As a general rule of thumb, you can add 10% to all numbers to account for players rated that weren't drafted that male the NFL.

From 2002-18, the state of Hawaii has produced nine linebackers that were mid four, low four or high three stars. One went on to become an NFL player. The player that hit was Kaluka Miaava, who was a fourth round pick from USC (2005 class).

He was listed at 5-11, 205 coming out of HS.
And who was at USC in 2005…Sarkisian. Boom. Sure fire NFL player now.

Reactions: Russhorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT