ADVERTISEMENT

It’s sad what has become of Emmanuel Acho

That's the Liberal UT education for ya and yes OU is Liberal too. Damn shame what is happening at Colleges and Universities.

He really is a disgrace. He's become a talking head personality on TV that just says stupid shit for engagement.

Reactions: Clay94
I ran into Sam Acho in North Dallas a couple of weeks ago. Just the friendliest, most affable guy with the biggest smile around - makes you want to be around him. Then there's his brother...

I graduated from Texas and i'm about as far from a liberal as you'll find. Don't really understand that one.....

The big question is “when”? UT today isn’t what it was 30 years ago. When our kids were looking at colleges, my wife (who’s a dyed in the wool, die-hard Longhorn, Class of ‘92) was adamant they wouldn’t go to Texas, because of how leftist it’s become.

The big question is “when”? UT today isn’t what it was 30 years ago. When our kids were looking at colleges, my wife (who’s a dyed in the wool, die-hard Longhorn, Class of ‘92) was adamant they wouldn’t go to Texas, because of how leftist it’s become.
I graduated 20 years ago. But I have a nephew and niece who are there right now and frankly I don't see any difference from when I was there. I go to a few games a year and i've been on campus every time i've been there.

There's always been bleeding heart liberals at Texas. I think with the emergence of social media that a lot of things have been brought into the light more than they used to be.

I wonder how much of Acho's leftism is real and how much is pandering to peers and bosses? ESPN is a hard place to work if you espouse conservative viewpoints. There's a lot more Jamele Hill's than Sage Steele's there.

I wonder how much of Acho's leftism is real and how much is pandering to peers and bosses? ESPN is a hard place to work if you espouse conservative viewpoints. There's a lot more Jamele Hill's than Sage Steele's there.
Just look at what happened to Aaron Rodgers.

I watch games on ESPN but can't stand any of the talk shows or Sportscenter anymore.

You know Acho doesn’t work for ESPN right?

I ran into Sam Acho in North Dallas a couple of weeks ago. Just the friendliest, most affable guy with the biggest smile around - makes you want to be around him. Then there's his brother...

Next time you run into Sam be sure to let him know what you think of his brother.

Next time you run into Sam be sure to let him know what you think of his brother.
What? That he does not appear to be as friendly or affable, doesn't have as big a smile and doesn't seem like a fun guy to be around? I tip my hat to Sam. His analysis gets me excited about football. He knows his audience and plays to it. If I wanted political talk on Saturdays, I would turn to another channel

• Haha
Reactions: RLong68
What? That he does not appear to be as friendly or affable, doesn't have as big a smile and doesn't seem like a fun guy to be around? I tip my hat to Sam. His analysis gets me excited about football. He knows his audience and plays to it. If I wanted political talk on Saturdays, I would turn to another channel

Lol. Sure. You don’t like Emmanuel because of his politics. I personally DGAF but it’s hard to see Emmanuel in the media w/o just as big a smile nor seeming to be a funny.

Lol. Sure. You don’t like Emmanuel because of his politics. I personally DGAF but it’s hard to see Emmanuel in the media w/o just as big a smile nor seeming to be a funny.
We must not be watching the same channel. His politics don't matter to me. It's his politics on a sports station that turn me off.

We must not be watching the same channel. His politics don't matter to me. It's his politics on a sports station that turn me off.

I can’t remember the last time I bothered to listen to ANY sports talk show. But people don’t opine as strongly about a guy talking politics unless they strongly disagree with those politics.

I can’t remember the last time I bothered to listen to ANY sports talk show. But people don’t opine as strongly about a guy talking politics unless they strongly disagree with those politics.
Weak.

Dude is a liberal, bootlicking yes man now. Shame

I am on the more conservative side. I don’t agree with everything he says, but I like how he puts it out there. I think he appreciates TX and that connection is stronger to me than any political slant. Hook em

Reactions: RLong68
Much like me walking around in a city enjoying the sights or history- I don't want to be yelled at by abortion rights activists or Bible thumping preachers.

Politics has no place in sports. Emmanuel acho has no business injecting them into sports talk.
It wouldn't matter to me what his political leanings are- it has no place in a sports conversation.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Much like me walking around in a city enjoying the sights or history- I don't want to be yelled at by abortion rights activists or Bible thumping preachers.

Politics has no place in sports. Emmanuel acho has no business injecting them into sports talk.
It wouldn't matter to me what his political leanings are- it has no place in a sports conversation.

How has he brought up politics in a sports conversation?

How has he brought up politics in a sports conversation?
I forget the year- a couple of years ago on one of the Fox sports channels, he was either hosting or a guest on the show and he veered off on a tangent about race and white people not "getting it" or some such. I don't truly remember the entire context of the conversation but I vividly remember thinking "dude- I just changed the channel from CNN to get AWAY from this--" and i flipped over to something else.

I forget the year- a couple of years ago on one of the Fox sports channels, he was either hosting or a guest on the show and he veered off on a tangent about race and white people not "getting it" or some such. I don't truly remember the entire context of the conversation but I vividly remember thinking "dude- I just changed the channel from CNN to get AWAY from this--" and i flipped over to something else.
He was the one pushing the "uncomfortable conversations" crapola. His whole premise was black men dating white women and how white men should get over it. I'd like to have a show about my grand pappy owning your grand pappy and they should 'get over it'.

Common school great, different ideology not so great.

Ideology>school affiliation

Reactions: Drtxhorn
He was the one pushing the "uncomfortable conversations" crapola. His whole premise was black men dating white women and how white men should get over it. I'd like to have a show about my grand pappy owning your grand pappy and they should 'get over it'.

Common school great, different ideology not so great.

Ideology>school affiliation
I know he caught some sh!t from some of the outspoken members of the black community because he's a a first generation American from Nigeria- and there was some squabble about him supporting one cause, but not another.
Who knows.

So one time awhile back unspecified on an unspecified channel? Ok

I know he caught some sh!t from some of the outspoken members of the black community because he's a a first generation American from Nigeria- and there was some squabble about him supporting one cause, but not another.
Who knows.

So he exercises thoughts independent from group think? I find that a bit refreshing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT