ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched the Alabama game from yesterday

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
........and Jalen Milroe is going to be a problem.

A big problem.
Like--- a REALLY big problem.

He's a physical specimen. He's 6 foot 2 and weighs 220. He runs like a running back. A really GOOD running back. He's got a very good arm. Not like a "hey, for a dual threat QB, that guy has a good arm" kind of arm.... No.
He has a legit arm.
We are going to have to spy him. We are going to have to put him on the ground early and often. We are going to have to dogpile his ass. Let our 350 lb tackles lay on him for as long as they can. Put a fvcking beach towel over him, catch a tan and finish a Pina colada, long.

We are going to have to physically punish the kid. When he tucks it and runs, there needs to be two guys holding him up and two guys coming in for the kill shot. Running QBs pretend they like to be hit, and some do. But nobody, nobody at all, likes 350 LB guys dog piling them while you've got a football pressed into your ribs between you and turf. Then those fat fvckers wallow around on top on you like a hippo before using YOUR body as their floor mat to get up off of.

Milroe is WAY more dangerous running than Bryce Young. Young used his mobility to escape but looked to throw the ball when he started moving. Milroe instantly becomes a running back. We are definitely better equipped this year to hit punish him when he runs.
Using Anthony Hill as the spy would be interesting if he’s got a good grasp of the defense. Hill’s size and speed could be a good matchup for Milroe.

what stood out to me about last years game, and I’m not taking away from our performance, we deserved to win. Outside of B young last year, I thought alabamas offense was devoid of elite playmakers we had seen in recent years. Maybe some knew players will step up or the current roster improved, I don’t know I haven’t followed them closely. I think our D might slow them down. I just hope our offense can do enough to win.

I was not impressed by our offense yesterday. Rod Babers at IT diagnosed the problem clearly. Sark has not figured out how to address the 'Ameoba' fronts that are killing Ewers. Here's the problem, Sark runs a form of the West Coast offense which employs route trees that take significant time to develop. The Ameoba fronts are confusing our young OL and limiting the time Ewers has to throw. Sark is stubborn and will not tailor his offense to his players' abilities.

Last year we had the intangible advantage of a younger less fearful Ewers and no real tape on him. I called it last year while many did not that we had a chance to win with the home field advantage. I was correct. This year we are facing the opposite. Tape is out on Sark and Ewers. The ever adjusting defensive fronts are killing Sark's scheme. Bama will use the Ameoba fronts to kill Ewers and our run game.

There is one way to beat these fronts. Run short quick routes and throw toward the pressure. I hope the new receivers coach in the press box notices this problem because Milweee did not. I can see a close game up to halftime but if we don't fix the problems with the OL, Bama will pull away in a blowout. Anyway, if they didn't realize these issues over the summer then I have little faith that they will this week.

The best case scenario for the Texas season is that Bama breaks Sark of his West Coast O dreams. It's dead.

I agree to an extent. QE is at his best when he’s working short to intermediate routes. His strengths are actually what gives the amoeba front problems.
Against Satan, we can’t get behind the chains. O has to stay on schedule. Our receivers and backs are too dynamic to be stopped if we just do what we do. Take the shots but take them when you’re already ahead of the chains. Not on 2nd and 9.

I agree to an extent. QE is at his best when he’s working short to intermediate routes. His strengths are actually what gives the amoeba front problems.
Against Satan, we can’t get behind the chains. O has to stay on schedule. Our receivers and backs are too dynamic to be stopped if we just do what we do. Take the shots but take them when you’re already ahead of the chains. Not on 2nd and 9.
Yep, and Sark won't do it. Mike Leach was a genius in making his OL spread out with huge gaps. Leach neutralized an aggressive D's ability to get to the QB and ran simple spread routes which forced the defense's hand in alignment pre snap. He made it easy for the idiots to use their brute strength with little thought.

I was not impressed with Milroe’s arm at all. If I’m PK I load the box and use Anthony Hill as a spy and dare him to beat me through the air. I don’t think he can. I have faith in our defense, it’s our offense I’m worried about.

Re watching the game this morning it was very apparent we ran a very simple and vanilla game plan on both offense and defense. I have a feeling Sark has a few things up his sleeve this week.

I think we win something like 23-20.

Milroe has to be forced to be a thrower. Clob is correct that we need to spy on him all day long. If he runs wild on us, we lose. We have to make him a passer since that’s not his biggest strength. His decision making and accuracy are nowhere close to Bryce Young but his speed and running ability definitely are superior.

I think it’s going to be a low scoring game. Remember they are returning most of their starters on defense and are expected to be a top 5 defense this year. We have to hit some big plays on offense and have zero turnovers. ST play will be huge as well.

Our defense matches up well with Bama. Milroe is prone to fumbling and interceptions so definitely need to make him one dimensional as a passer. He’s most comfortable running the ball so must take that option away from him.

press coverage..our dbs out class their WR's...blitz all night and make Milroe make fast decisions

I hope we keep him in the pocket and don’t flush him out. We don’t need to get too far upfield but stay disciplined in our running lanes . Be prepared for screens and quick passes with a few quarterback draws. Passing downs rush 3 drop 8 and definitely make him execute because if he breaks contain lookout . On the other hand I think we should go 5 wide and Mike Leach style quick pass them to death to get the ball out quickly to negate their pass rush and play to Quinn’s strengths.getting our receivers in run after catch situations. We probably won’t see Bama get flagged crazy like last year which really helped a lot.

I was not impressed by our offense yesterday. Rod Babers at IT diagnosed the problem clearly. Sark has not figured out how to address the 'Ameoba' fronts that are killing Ewers. Here's the problem, Sark runs a form of the West Coast offense which employs route trees that take significant time to develop. The Ameoba fronts are confusing our young OL and limiting the time Ewers has to throw. Sark is stubborn and will not tailor his offense to his players' abilities.

Last year we had the intangible advantage of a younger less fearful Ewers and no real tape on him. I called it last year while many did not that we had a chance to win with the home field advantage. I was correct. This year we are facing the opposite. Tape is out on Sark and Ewers. The ever adjusting defensive fronts are killing Sark's scheme. Bama will use the Ameoba fronts to kill Ewers and our run game.

There is one way to beat these fronts. Run short quick routes and throw toward the pressure. I hope the new receivers coach in the press box notices this problem because Milweee did not. I can see a close game up to halftime but if we don't fix the problems with the OL, Bama will pull away in a blowout. Anyway, if they didn't realize these issues over the summer then I have little faith that they will this week.

The best case scenario for the Texas season is that Bama breaks Sark of his West Coast O dreams. It's dead.
Suckisian schemes are crappy and he is a complete fraud . He has the mentality of a 12 year old and if he gets blown out by Bamer, after all this attention (only thing he wants) his team will tank ... as usual

• Haha
Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Suckisian schemes are crappy and he is a complete fraud . He has the mentality of a 12 year old and if he gets blown out by Bamer, after all this attention (only thing he wants) his team will tank ... as usual
WHOOAAAA, step away from the loaded pistol. I am referencing our chances against Alabama at their place, not the rest of the B12 or even the rest of the SEC. You smell like a freshly laid ou or aggy turd. Sark and Flood will see the tape and correctly diagnose the problems. It may not be enough to beat the pink elephants but we will win the little 14.

Bro, you've got too much free time on your hands. 🤣

Milroe has to be forced to be a thrower. Clob is correct that we need to spy on him all day long. If he runs wild on us, we lose. We have to make him a passer since that’s not his biggest strength. His decision making and accuracy are nowhere close to Bryce Young but his speed and running ability definitely are superior.

I think it’s going to be a low scoring game. Remember they are returning most of their starters on defense and are expected to be a top 5 defense this year. We have to hit some big plays on offense and have zero turnovers. ST play will be huge as well.

Our defense matches up well with Bama. Milroe is prone to fumbling and interceptions so definitely need to make him one dimensional as a passer. He’s most comfortable running the ball so must take that option away from him.
They lost their leading sack guy last year and 4 of 5 guys in the secondary. They have a ton of youth in their secondary. They are starting a true freshman at safety. We should be able to take advantage of that if the line can block.

They lost their leading sack guy last year and 4 of 5 guys in the secondary. They have a ton of youth in their secondary. They are starting a true freshman at safety. We should be able to take advantage of that if the line can block.
RPO and play action. Spread the field. Make the secondary commit to lineups pre snap, this makes for easier qb reads.

Joined just to talk sheeet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT