ADVERTISEMENT

K State at Texas Predictions

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I didn’t see a prediction thread so here goes. You may not like what I am about to post, but I don’t like it either, so take it easy on me.

Overall team talent:
Texas >>> KSt

Plays as a team and knows its identity:
KSt >>> Texas

QB
KSt > Texas (we don’t know enough about Maalik, yet)

Coaching:
Klieman > Sark

K State 31
Texas 20

Two main issues I see:
1) Texas can stop the run, no question, but have trouble with running QBs optioning outside the tackles that can also pass. Will Texas spy them with Hill or somebody else?

2) Sark insists on making our QB win the game. Look how under utilized Bijan was. Now, he insists on giving Brooks’s carries to other less deserving backs. Can’t remember when but, he had even given our 170lb wr Worthy the ball on a short yardage play attempt that failed. This, more than anything explains our abysmal dreadzone failures.

I'm hoping we keep the ksu qb in check and keep a lb or 2 at home/in pass coverage, particularly on 3rd down, instead of sending them on a stunt only to be blocked.
I think (pray) that the red zone offense has been focused on and will have more success.
🤘🤘beat ksu.

Ok, this is going to be a fast game(time clock). KSt is going to use the Wyoming blueprint, run the ball, and play 3 high safeties on defense. This will be a running first game.

Offense:

1. It will be important to go deep on pass plays early. Send the speed guys up the sidelines, posts, etc. We have to pull the safeties off our RB's like we did to BYU. Murphy can make ALL the throws.

2. Use heavy formations and empty backfield spread sets. We can run in heavy and send Worthy and Mitchell deep. Use Sanders on hot routes when they overcommit to the run or deep routes. Spread sets force them to commit their secondary pre snap.

Defense:

1. Stop their run and short passing game on first down. They look to nickel and dime to get short field position on 3rd down. They are a conservative team. Play bump and run with Watts and Brooks on their wideouts. LB's will need to scrape and play solid run defense.

2. Our D line poses a significant advantage by being large and talented. The rotation should yield dividends in the second half. We need a pass rush off the edge or anywhere but go light on the blitzes. Their QB will make us pay if we don't get there.

3. Beat them on first down. Force them into second / third and long. They aren't good at 3rd and long.

Game flow: This will likely be a field goal fest. I hope Sark learned his lesson last week. The one who can resist being a river boat gambler will win. We have the advantage on the depth chart at the LOS. We need to come away with points on as many possessions as possible. Stop going for it on 4th down in the red zone.

Red zone woes: Get Blue in the game in the RZ like last week. Get him and Brooks in space and they will do some damage. Blue has great hands so dumps to BLue can be deadly. Also, employ some 'in-tight' holds to open some running lanes for the RBs.

Overall, this is a winnable game. Texas matches up well with KSt.. We have a stout run defense for the most part paired with outside speed. We will need a solid outing from Anthony Hill and Catalon/Williams.

Texas will win this because the refs have tougher time getting away with calls/no calls at DKR. We need to have a couple of people in the stands pointing a laser sight at the officials when bad calls are made (just kidding kinda). I am more worried about the games at TCU and Aimes where the refs can call nothing and get away with it. Texas 27-19

Texas 7 3 7 10
KSt 3 6 10 0

Last edited:
Ok, this is going to be a fast game(time clock). KSt is going to use the Wyoming blueprint, run the ball, and play 3 high safetys on defense. This will be a running first game.

Offense:

1. It will be important to go deep on pass plays early. Send the speed guys up the sidelines, posts, etc. We have to pull the safeties off our RB's like we did to BYU. Murphy can make ALL the throws.

2. Use heavy formations and empty backfield spread sets. We can run in heavy and send Worthy and Mitchell deep. Use Sanders on hot routes when they overcommit to the run or deep routes. Spread sets force them to commit their secondary pre snap.

Defense:

1. Stop their run and short passing game on first down. They look to nickel and dime to get short field position on 3rd down. They are a conservative team. Play bump and run with Watts and Brooks on their wideouts. LB's will need to scrape and play solid run defense.

2. Our D line poses a significant advantage by being large and talented. The rotation should yield dividends in the second half. We need a pass rush off the edge or anywhere but go light on the blitzes. Their QB will make us pay if we don't get there.

3. Beat them on first down. Force them into second / third and long. They aren't good at 3rd and long.

Game flow: This will likely be a field goal fest. I hope Sark learned his lesson last week. The one who can resist being a river boat gambler will win. We have the advantage on the depth chart at the LOS. We need to come away with points on as many possessions as possible. Stop going for it on 4th down in the red zone.

Red zone woes: Get Blue in the game in the RZ like last week. Get him and Brooks in space and they will do some damage. Blue has great hands so dumps to BLue can be deadly. Also, employ some 'in-tight' holds to open some running lanes for the RBs.

Overall, this is a winnable game. Texas matches up well with KSt.. We have a stout run defense for the most part paired with outside speed. We will need a solid outing from Anthony Hill and Catalon/Williams.

Texas will win this because the refs have tougher time getting away with calls/no calls at DKR. We need to have a couple of people in the stands pointing a laser sight at the officials when bad calls are made (just kidding kinda). I am more worried about the games at TCU and Aimes where the refs can call nothing and get away with it. Texas 27-19

Texas 7 3 7 10
KSt 3 6 10 0
Asterisk and ✔️ on kicking FG in situations.
Good plan. Can you rig up getting a headset on to help out Sark?

Reactions: freeper
I see us as a talented team who has been horribly inconsistent in any given quarter of our games. We have not resolved our short yardage and goaline issue, and we are still making silly mistakes (penalties, missed blocks, drops, etc).
On top of all that we have a QB making his 2nd ever start.

There are a few different ways we could win this game, I just do not believe any of them are likely to happen.

I think K State puts us away with a late TD, and the game ends something like 33-24.

One last comment. Because Fox doesn't have any association with SEC football this game will be the last time we'll have Gus Johnson calling one of our games. Hey that man loved him some Texas longhorns especially Sam Ehlinger. I wish Sam was as good as Gus made him out to be but I love him for trying. But most of all it was the voice.

"big Sam leader, gladiator, Texan"
" he's got his team, his school on his broad shoulders"
Best of all
Earthquake!! Dicker the kicker!!

Thanks a lot Gus maybe we'll get one of your games soon.

My prediction: raw dog and Sark has a come to Jesus meeting with the top donors who bring in the Information Minister as the new HC at Texas. Good times ahead my friends

KSate going in dry and Texas Donors will turn to Mathew mcconaughey to try to right the ship after they determine the Sark experiment has run aground
Sark controls his own destiny. He keeps f*cking around with his QB must win the game at all costs mentality, then he’s gone. Texas can easily beat KSt with some patience in the ground game. Last year, in the liss to Texas Tech, Sark had “ The Bijan” and he actually had Card pass the ball 30 times and how many carries did Bijan get? 16. He will reap what he sows and deserves with that kind of stupidity.

You should win with your best player and if you lose, you go down fighting with your best player-not Hudson Card.

Sark controls his own destiny. He keeps f*cking around with his QB must win the game at all costs mentality, then he’s gone. Texas can easily beat KSt with some patience in the ground game. Last year, in the liss to Texas Tech, Sark had “ The Bijan” and he actually had Card pass the ball 30 times and how many carries did Bijan get? 16. He will reap what he sows and deserves with that kind of stupidity.

You should win with your best player and if you lose, you go down fighting with your best player-not Hudson Card.
Westx you're a good sumbitch,but I'd really like MM to get the opportunity he deserves at Texas.

We’ll see if he gives this team a chance and feeds Brooks the ball. Or will he decide to put the fate of this team and this whole season in the hands of a freshman QB.

We’ll see if he gives this team a chance and feeds Brooks the ball. Or will he decide to put the fate of this team and this whole season in the hands of a freshman QB.
I like your style, I thought I was the only one that qoutes myself. Unfortunately theoption doesn't existto "like" your own posts, but that's where sock puppet handles come in. I wish I had me about 5 or 6 like in the good ol' days

• Haha
Reactions: westx
I like your style, I thought I was the only one that qoutes myself. Unfortunately theoption doesn't existto "like" your own posts, but that's where sock puppet handles come in. I wish I had me about 5 or 6 like in the good ol' days
Lol, I didn’t feel like going through another edit, it was just easier to add on by replying to myself. I was also working myself up, Sark isn’t really that bad. Though, Texas shouldn’t have lost last year to Tech and this year to ou. We fans are never satisfied. We don’t just want to win, we want to win pretty.

• Haha
Reactions: Belldozer1
Lol, how dare a freshman get “snubbed”. If you are going to start as freshman, you better mther fcking earn it. Arch hasn’t earned anything, nor has Baxter while we are at it. Sark is star struck by 5 stars (say that 10x real fast).

Texas offense has scored 30+ points in every game this season, right? So PK just needs to hold Kansas State to less than 30 points and bing bang boom we win. Can’t argue with math.

Texas 75
Kansas State 0
Jonathan Brooks rushes for over 200 yards.
Maalik Murphy throws 5 TD passes. Carrot top kicks 60 yard field goal. Kansas State has no first downs.

Hookemhorns

Guessing KSU will not be loading the box the rest of the having seen Malik can beat them with his arm.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT