ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Hold off on giving out flowers)

Oregon is getting by on the eyeball test.
They have played no one and lost to the best team they have played, Washington. I guess the resume can look different in two weeks, but Texas is better than Oregon. On a neutral field, we win more often than not.

I just want them to win out. If that’s getting into the CFP and a NC, great. If they don’t get in, I’m ok with 13-1.

Reactions: darrenj
In that case, Georgia will have lost to a team that Texas beat in their stadium. The controversy would be beyond any controversy they've had in their existence, and that's saying a lot.

If it means getting an SEC in, it's on the table IMO.

It's faded because they lost their quarterback... and it's Duke.
Aggy hasn't had a starting QB make it through the whole season healthy in at least 4-5 years it feels like.

Is that what they want? A coach who's team completely falls apart the instant the starting QB gets hurt?

They’ve been great and my guess is this ends up a moot point anyway, but if they lose to the same team Texas beat, that changes the calculus.

You cant just say they were great for a month and discount not winning the conference and losing to the team that Texas beat. That dog don’t hunt.

How’s this for a deal instead of arguing for arguing sake:

IF Texas wins out and IF Georgia loses to Bama:

1. If the committee puts Georgia in and omits Texas, I’ll pay double the subscription price for the next year.

2. If Texas gets in, you comp me for a year

I have zero interest. lol

Glad you don’t have a vote that matters👁️
exactly GIF

This is how it’s going to play out. And Ketch is completely wrong on FSU, they are the 1 one team in the top 5 that does not belong in the conversation:

1. Unfortunately I think Michigan is going undefeated and I think they steam roll the Buckeyes, like by 20+ points
2. FSU loses to Louisville in ACC championship game - put all your money on this, it’s going to happen
3. Washington will beat Oregon again in PAC10 championship game, after FSU, Oregon is mostly overrated for beating a really bad Utah team, and I mean really bad, that team is dog-shit bad
4. SEC championship will be the best game of that weekend, even teams, but I think the Bulldogs win on a late TD
5. Texas wins Big12 title

Playoffs: 1. Georgia vs. 4. Texas
2. Michigan vs. 3. Washington

As for matchups, I think Michigan would be the best team for Texas to face against, we would shut down their offense (JJ is average to below average passer). After that Georgia would be next best. Washington would be the nightmare matchup for Texas. Penix and those WR’s would kill Texas secondary (obviously are Achilles heel). But their defense would be the weakest of the 4 playoff teams.
You think FSU does not belong in the conversation, but Teas does?

Aggy hasn't had a starting QB make it through the whole season healthy in at least 4-5 years it feels like.

Is that what they want? A coach who's team completely falls apart the instant the starting QB gets hurt?
I'm not sure that's fair. It's Duke and he's been there for a short time.

They are a heavy No.1 right now.

Suggesting it falls behind the current No.7 just because of winning a weak conference isn't a sure thing IMO.

I think it’s clear people’s judgement on this is heavily clouded by basis. In what alternate universe does the 2-time defending champ FROM THE SEC with just a second loss in 40 games not get the benefit of the doubt?

I think it’s clear people’s judgement on this is heavily clouded by basis. In what alternate universe does the 2-time defending champ FROM THE SEC with just a second loss in 40 games not get the benefit of the doubt?
Sometimes being real on this board gets you nowhere fast.

Reactions: darrenj and RLong68
At this point does it matter if they did?. That game happened two months ago and Oregon is ahead of us.
Ya it kind of does considering we would have a common opponent and it took Tech turning the ball over 4 times for Oregon to win. Oregon hasn’t beaten a top 25 opponent. These things do matter

Let’s only play November games from now on since nothing prior matters

They’ve been great and my guess is this ends up a moot point anyway, but if they lose to the same team Texas beat, that changes the calculus.

You cant just say they were great for a month and discount not winning the conference and losing to the team that Texas beat. That dog don’t hunt.

How’s this for a deal instead of arguing for arguing sake:

IF Texas wins out and IF Georgia loses to Bama:

1. If the committee puts Georgia in and omits Texas, I’ll pay double the subscription price for the next year.

2. If Texas gets in, you comp me for a year

They are two time defending champs that will have lost just a second time in 40 games. Literally just two years ago Bama beat them by double digits in the CCG and not only did they still make the CFP they blewnn by out the same Bama team to win the title. Some of you all, actually many, are looking over some very basic reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT