ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (OU just doesn't matter as much any more...)

That Olympic medal count is questionable. Michigan gets so many solely because of Michael Phelps, who never swam for UM. I don't know how they counted team sports like water polo. Those teams are dominated by Stanford and USC. Do they count every athlete from those schools as a part of the medal count? Those could add up quickly.

I am surprised UH isn't on there with the number produced by Carl Lewis.

I've had others tell me it's the best movie of 2024 so far

OU isn't even a talking point on this board beyond this week.

Of course, they matter. They just matter less.
Personally, I hope the OU game matters less and less as we get into a few SEC seasons under out belt.

All that matters is winning enough games to get into the playoffs and the real season begins with a few more games to win the nattie. Its just like the NCAA now.

Reactions: platshaw7410
I remember when OB told me shitty pass defense rankings didn’t matter.

Reactions: tyhorn
ATM may be more important this year but only bc the huge gap since last game. The take that OU won’t mean anything is a little short sided bc the rebuttle back is make the playoffs and it won’t matter. That can be said for every rivalry game out there. Big deal if Bama loses to Auburn right? Just make the playoffs and win. Big deal if Michigan beats Ohio state. Just make the playoffs. OU will continue to be a big deal.

Reactions: Horn19
OU or ATM will always matter to us based on which one is recruiting better against us at the time. We will always be battling one or both for Texas based recruits. In NIL era, winning isn’t completely everything anymore.

I'm stunned that some of you seem to lack the understanding of the importance of this year's A&M game.
Sooo condescending. I have a world view based on my experiences and my buddies. That is more real than a message board. Aggies are annoying when you have to deal with them, but OU Sux is a bigger name nationally.

Reactions: Horn19 and Boxley
Personally, I hope the OU game matters less and less as we get into a few SEC seasons under out belt.

All that matters is winning enough games to get into the playoffs and the real season begins with a few more games to win the nattie. Its just like the NCAA now.
OU used to be the path to season success.

It's not any more. It's just a fun rivalry game.

Reactions: MauiHorn
OU or ATM will always matter to us based on which one is recruiting better against us at the time. We will always be battling one or both for Texas based recruits. In NIL era, winning isn’t completely everything anymore.
Some of you are confusing mattering less with not mattering at all.

Sooo condescending.
How do you cut off the rest of my post? As a lawyer I try to be very rational.

Anyway, love the board, but you take posts way too personally.

I love the horns and will always support them.

Reactions: Horn19
How do you cut off the rest of my post? As a lawyer I try to be very rational.

Anyway, love the board, but you take posts way too personally.

I love the horns and will always support them.

a. He do I cut off the rest of the post. I just delete the stuff I'm not responding to.

b. I promise I don't take anything you say personally. It's a message board. Busting each other's balls is part of the deal. Almost like when you're with friends. ;)

Reactions: DB1984
a. He do I cut off the rest of the post. I just delete the stuff I'm not responding to.

b. I promise I don't take anything you say personally. It's a message board. Busting each other's balls is part of the deal. Almost like when you're with friends. ;)
Love it. Totally agree.

• Love
Reactions: Ketchum
That was a good read, Ketch.

How much can you expand on stories of Aggy recruiting shenanigans during that “85-“95 time?

For those of us at UT in the '60's it is almost blasphemy to say ou doesn't matter much anymore. Whether their coach was Wilkinson, Jones, Fairbanks, Switzer, etc.,, the sooners have been our consistent archrival in football. Many aggy in general, but not football.

Reactions: LMAHORN and DB1984
For those of us at UT in the '60's it is almost blasphemy to say ou doesn't matter much anymore. Whether their coach was Wilkinson, Jones, Fairbanks, Switzer, etc.,, the sooners have been our consistent archrival in football. Many aggy in general, but not football.
This is the truth.

Reactions: LMAHORN
As long as you aren’t taking stuff personally, this is your worse take ever.
White Goodman Reaction GIF

What about for those of us from the 90s?

OU used to be the path to season success.

It's not any more. It's just a fun rivalry game.
It seems like your OU take here is based largely on the fact they are downish right now, but you are projecting that into forever more territory.

It seems like your OU take here is based largely on the fact they are downish right now, but you are projecting that into forever more territory.
a. Only partly.
b. I'm not, yet I don't know when that will change.

IMO OU is dangerously like Nebraska when they left the Big 12. Decades of elite football just - but lost their recruiting base and became just another small state football school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT