ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (What we KNOW about Quinn/Arch)

I didn't like Ewers' body language and demeanor after the spring game, he looked pissed/annoyed/un-excited. I think he knows Manning is poised to take his starting job if he doesn't execute as expected. Last year he seemed more relaxed, upbeat, excited about the upcoming season. It will be interesting to watch how he is closer to the start of the season.

what happen to the two DL potential transfers from AZ? did they have a change of heart??
All that matters is that the Aggies are light years ahead of everyone else in their outside the box thinking, and have the jump on all the loser programs in college football who do NOT count their spring game as win #1. They need to carry a #1 ranking throughout the entire summer.

I'm just going to say the quiet part out loud ... Quinn Ewers is the starting quarterback for the 2024 Longhorns, but I don't KNOW that the 2024 Longhorns will be better with him at quarterback than they would be with Manning as the starter.

To say this is totally fair because it is your opinion (Arch looked great) This is so Alex cockamamie. Remember that argument when Anwar said Quinn will have bad moments and you said Quinn is a young Quarterback and he will have his growing pains (in the end you were right). I would say the same thing would happen to Arch this year. This wasn't a defense scheming to stop Arch.

Quinn has proven multiple times against Alabama & Oklahoma State. He broke a big 12 championship record in a half compared to a spring game that was obviously offensively scripted. I mean Trey Owens looked really good his performance was arguably better than Maalik or Arch from last year. It's a spring game. Thatcher Milton had a better spring game than all of JT Sanders spring games combined.

I didn't like Ewers' body language and demeanor after the spring game, he looked pissed/annoyed/un-excited. I think he knows Manning is poised to take his starting job if he doesn't execute as expected. Last year he seemed more relaxed, upbeat, excited about the upcoming season. It will be interesting to watch how he is closer to the start of the season.
Have to assume he was embarrassed and mad at the way it played out. He’s human and I’m sure sees and hears the same arch talk we do

We had a long thread about it awhile back. We have zero knowledge he passed. Seems he tapped out on ob which is his right. The email he had on file is inactive. Cheers to the great Dan. Keep his memory here alive.
Dog Superman GIF

• Love
Reactions: drunk randoke
Prince first hit the scene when I was in high school and I was able to attend one of his concerts in the early 1980's (McFarlin Auditorium on SMU's campus), before he became a big cross-over success, so my top 10 leans more towards his earlier work.

10. Do Me, Baby
9. Controversy
8. 1999
7. Little Red Corvette
6. Purple Rain
5. When Doves Cry
4. D.M.S.R.
3. I Wanna Be Your Lover
2. Uptown
1. Lady Cab Driver
I like it.

I'm more of a Purple Rain album guy.

Reactions: kwayne64
I didn't get that vibe at all.

I'm just going to say the quiet part out loud ... Quinn Ewers is the starting quarterback for the 2024 Longhorns, but I don't KNOW that the 2024 Longhorns will be better with him at quarterback than they would be with Manning as the starter.

To say this is totally fair because it is your opinion (Arch looked great) This is so Alex cockamamie. Remember that argument when Anwar said Quinn will have bad moments and you said Quinn is a young Quarterback and he will have his growing pains (in the end you were right). I would say the same thing would happen to Arch this year. This wasn't a defense scheming to stop Arch.

Quinn has proven multiple times against Alabama & Oklahoma State. He broke a big 12 championship record in a half compared to a spring game that was obviously offensively scripted. I mean Trey Owens looked really good his performance was arguably better than Maalik or Arch from last year. It's a spring game. Thatcher Milton had a better spring game than all of JT Sanders spring games combined.
Quinn was a sub 164 rating guy in 7 of his last 8 games.

He's not setting a bar that can't be cleared.

That being said, I fully acknowledge that Arch has to scale some firsts first.

Reactions: SR60
Well he sure didn't look like he wanted to be there talking to reporters as I remember him last year. I'll try to find video of him last year to compare to and will post if I find anything.
His natural default resting face isn't a smile.

No, if you go back, he played against SOME #1's on defense and he played with SOME 1's on offense. The only time both sets were out there complete (especially DBs) was the first couple of series. After that is was a mix match of starters and others...That doesn't mean that I think Arch wouldn't have played well against them but it is much tougher against that first unit DBs. They are filthy... Both QBs are super, there is no reason to be rubbing salt on this...
About time someone mentioned that Arch was throwing against DBs that looked half-asleep at times. So often they were either several steps behind or out of position. Also, didn't look like Arch had much pressure and/or people in his face a whole lot of times. Those factors should give pause and/or make one tap the brakes a bit regarding Arch's performance {which was nevertheless quite impressive}.

About time someone mentioned that Arch was throwing against DBs that looked half-asleep at times. So often they were either several steps behind or out of position. Also, didn't look like Arch had much pressure and/or people in his face a whole lot of times. Those factors should give pause and/or make one tap the brakes a bit regarding Arch's performance {which was nevertheless quite impressive}.

a. He played with the first team OL. That makes a difference.
b. He mostly played against 1s. They might have been half asleep, but they were first-team half asleep guys.

• Haha
Reactions: SR60 and darrenj
a. He played with the first team OL. That makes a difference.
b. He mostly played against 1s. They might have been half asleep, but they were first-team half asleep guys.
Haha. Well, lets hope they wake the hell up this upcoming season. Don't want to see anymore zing, zing, zing---TDs at will from the Huskies & Gooners of the world.

B/S---we have a top 5 O-line in '24.

B/S--- you're developing a man-crush on Arch.

Haha. Well, lets hope they wake the hell up this upcoming season. Don't want to see anymore zing, zing, zing---TDs at will from the Huskies & Gooners of the world.

B/S---we have a top 5 O-line in '24.

B/S--- you're developing a man-crush on Arch.
I think buy/buy

Reactions: Baguette
Based on his development so far, it's hard to believe he is not NFL bound after 25, 26...but, I like the way you're thinking.
If you have been paying attention his family values the college experience. The understand the number of starting over 30 games in a college career. He is not in a rush for NFL riches the family doesn't need it. I am predicting Natty this year with Quinn back to back with Arch, Arch's second season ends in the final or semi Final. Arch's 5th year 2nd natty for Arch and Sark's 3rd Natty in a 4 years span and 5th consecutive CFP appearance.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Love
Reactions: The Sundance Kid
If you have been paying attention his family values the college experience. The understand the number of starting over 30 games in a college career. He is not in a rush for NFL riches the family doesn't need it. I am predicting Natty this year with Quinn back to back with Arch, Arch's second season ends in the final or semi Final. Arch's 5th year 2nd natty for Arch and Sark's 3rd Natty in a 4 years span and 5th consecutive CFP appearance.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
That burnt-orange Kool-Aid is powerful stuff! Certainly do-able though with what's goin on with kind of players & culture that's developing big time these days! In Sark We Trust.

Reactions: ARD438
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT