ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (When will the in-state recruiting momentum take off?)

It’s quite odd that I keep hearing of Vasek’s injury by a poster here or there yet I’m not sure I’ve read any details of the injury by a mod. And not sure how the injury cost him “an entire year” of physical growth.
I think it came from @Anwar Richardson, would need to search to confirm. I’d wager there was a procedure done that wasn’t disclosed to us.

Reactions: RLong68
He didn't even want to hear "maybe".
It can be a very wearing job. Much like publisher/writer of a website (unless you can keep your sense of humor at the crazies, and remember that everyone is a crazy once in a while).

Reactions: Ketchum
Feels like a lot of moving of goalposts. Maybe just look at 26 of 76 signees in the last 3 classes being from OOS.
I'm specifically talking about the recruiting of super blue chips from the state of Texas. It's the only thing I really care about in the discussion and no one that has really read my work would ever suggest otherwise.

I think it's always been the plan for Burke (and Vasek) to end up at Jack. Vasek's injury cost him an entire year of getting bigger and stronger, but he will get there assuming he heals up.

Moore and Simmons are an intriguing 1-2 punch at Buck.
agreed

I just thought it was interesting hearing the thoughts post rumble, not necessarily needing to hear it from him.

What do you think is missing from Cody for that IT factor?
I don't know. That was really my first time watching him. Maybe I would feel different with an extended look.

Why? Because Texas isn't killing it?
Not sure your thoughts, but I think the days of Texas dominating the Top 10, or even the Top 20, in the state are over. Doesn’t mean we don’t need to improve nabbing a few more than we have lately, but being in the SEC completely changes the recruiting landscape. Yeah, recruiting Texas has gotten tougher, but opportunities in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida are more realistic than ever.

I was under the impression that that playoff appearance was going to have a big effect on the 2025 class. Still early, but there doesnt appear to be much momentum. I guess we will find out in July.
What were you expecting when you say “momentum”? We are on just about every kid’a list, just no commitments. Getting commitments this early was never going to happen, CFP or not.

Not sure your thoughts, but I think the days of Texas dominating the Top 10, or even the Top 20, in the state are over. Doesn’t mean we don’t need to improve nabbing a few more than we have lately, but being in the SEC completely changes the recruiting landscape. Yeah, recruiting Texas has gotten tougher, but opportunities in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida are more realistic than ever.
I think that language is too strong. These things move in cycles. The thing you're saying is also something someone might have said in the late 90s.

What were you expecting when you say “momentum”? We are on just about every kid’a list, just no commitments. Getting commitments this early was never going to happen, CFP or not.
I mean, the top two in state are committed elsewhere already….three in the top 10. Having said that, Sark seems to have a big push in July so that’s why I mentioned that’s when we will find out.

I think it's less commitments and more not being the outright leader with more.

Yes I understand the SEC part. What I can’t understand is why Aggy is in play for so many given 1.they are aggy, 2. The seasons they’ve had recently, 3. Coaching change.

They must be offering significantly more is my only guess. Otherwise why would a top recruit even consider them currently ?
Because like it or not they are 1 of the top 2 schools in the state, no matter what us Horns think of them. Most of these kids don’t view them through the same prism we do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT