ADVERTISEMENT

Let's play "Good Shoot or Jail Time"

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
This thread will be dedicated to all the awesome/gruesome videos we see of self defense, police, or goon on goon shootings.
As a group, we will collectively decide if the videos posted here will end up with a shooter getting a medal and free beers for life, or end up in an 8 by 6 with a cell mate that uses him as a semen receptical.

Current and former LEOs as well as Mil Vets are encouraged to participate because I always love that fine line between ROE for civilians vs everybody else.

So let's get the lead out-

Verdict?

Last edited:
Was this in Texas? If so, good shoot. We still have the right to defend property.

This woman in this video is a cop who was threatened. In this case the guy got what he deserved.

Reactions: westx
This thread will be dedicated to all the awesome/gruesome videos we see of self defense, police, or goon on goon shootings.
As a group, we will collectively decide if the videos posted here will end up with a shooter getting a nodal and free beers for life, or end up in an 8 by 6 with a cell mate that uses him as a seven receptical.

Current and former LEOs as well as Mil Vets are encouraged to participate because I always love that fine line between ROE for civilians vs everybody else.

Verdict?
In this case what the shooter did was not necessary.
As a group, we will collectively decide if the videos posted here will end up with a shooter getting a nodal and free beers for life, or end up in an 8 by 6 with a cell mate that uses him as a seven receptical.

Verdict?

As a group, we will collectively decide if the videos posted here will end up with a shooter getting a medal and free beers for life, or end up in an 8 by 6 with a cell mate that uses him as a semen receptical.

Verdict?
Not sure that's a legal shoot.

Verdict?
I imagine he will be in jail. Iwould like to see anybody using a gun only take one shot and be ready for a second if it didn’t do the job of causing the assailant to restrain. I know it is a fine line, but the theeat was to the truck and not him (at least up to that point)

is there video on the parking garage employee that saw a guy with a bag walking Around looking into cars?...The guy stopped the theif who pulled a gun on him and shot him. The employee wrestles the gun away, shoots the theif and was charged with unlawful posession of a gun and attempted murder.....I vote good shoot for that guy....

Reactions: westx
is there video on the parking garage employee that saw a guy with a bag walking Around looking into cars?...The guy stopped the theif who pulled a gun on him and shot him. The employee wrestles the gun away, shoots the theif and was charged with unlawful posession of a gun and attempted murder.....I vote good shoot for that guy....
I read about that.

35451762_0.jpg

For anyone who is confident in their ass whooping abilities, missed opportunity for stress relief. For non-fighters or scared people, 100% justified and encouraged so that maybe the next asshat might reconsider acting on impulse.

Personal opinion: he left the best shot chambered after double tap.

Last edited:
It varies state to state but in Texas you have the right to defend yourself, others and property. The legal test is reasonable and proportionate. Your use of force has to be proportionate to what the other person is doing. If you are in your house at night you get a ton of leeway in Texas. However in the first video the use of force was disproportionate to the other party's conduct and the person could quite easily be convicted of manslaughter.

Didn't see the second video but if someone comes at you with a deadly weapon then you have the right to respond with deadly force. Sounds like suicide by cop.

I went back and read the Texas Penal code. The dude in video 1 is going to jail. I am not 100% clear he has the right to use force under section 9.41. That section deals with mostly trespass and burglary. I don't know if kicking the truck counts as interference with property.

Section 9.42 covers deadly force
In order to use deadly force you have to have the right to use force under section 9.41, and you had a reasonable belief that deadly force was immediately necessary to prevent a perpetrator from fleeing immediately after committing a burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime, and when you used deadly force to protect property, you reasonably believed it could not have been protected or recovered by other means; or using something less than deadly force would expose you to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

So maybe on part 1, but definitely no on part 2 and 3. The other thing I would be curious to know is what lead up to the incident. Any claim of self defense would be severely undercut if the shooter did anything to provoke the guy who kicked his truck.

I went back and read the Texas Penal code. The dude in video 1 is going to jail. I am not 100% clear he has the right to use force under section 9.41. That section deals with mostly trespass and burglary. I don't know if kicking the truck counts as interference with property.

In order to use deadly force you have to have the right to use force under section 9.41, and you had a reasonable belief that deadly force was immediately necessary to prevent a perpetrator from fleeing immediately after committing a burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime, and when you used deadly force to protect property, you reasonably believed it could not have been protected or recovered by other means; or using something less than deadly force would expose you to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

So maybe on part 1, but definitely no on part 2 and 3. The other thing I would be curious to know is what lead up to the incident. Any claim of self defense would be severely undercut if the shooter did anything to provoke the guy who kicked his truck.

In Texas, the use of deadly force is deemed a privilege. No other state in the union grants this privilege to its citizens. Does Texas allow for the use of deadly force in defense of yourself, your family or personal property? Yes. Under any and all conditions? No! And understanding the conditions that must be met to trigger that deadly force privilege can easily mean the difference between having acted lawfully on the one hand, and spending 99 years in a Texas prison on the other.

Are there times when the defense is not allowed? Absolutely. Responding in force to a strictly verbal provocation is not allowed. For example, Danhorn provokes his arch enemy Clob94 into attacking him by claiming masks were wonderful and necessary during the Covid pandemic. So Clob94 kicks him in his pvssy and laughs at him while Danhorn lay crying. Danhorn pulls a gun and shoots Clob94. Self defense by deadly force would not be available to Danhorn in this scenario. Danhorn be going to prison.

Reactions: freeper
In Texas, the use of deadly force is deemed a privilege. No other state in the union grants this privilege to its citizens. Does Texas allow for the use of deadly force in defense of yourself, your family or personal property? Yes. Under any and all conditions? No! And understanding the conditions that must be met to trigger that deadly force privilege can easily mean the difference between having acted lawfully on the one hand, and spending 99 years in a Texas prison on the other.

Are there times when the defense is not allowed? Absolutely. Responding in force to a strictly verbal provocation is not allowed. For example, Danhorn provokes his arch enemy Clob94 into attacking him by claiming masks were wonderful and necessary during the Covid pandemic. So Clob94 kicks him in his pvssy and laughs at him while Danhorn lay crying. Danhorn pulls a gun and shoots Clob94. Self defense by deadly force would not be available to Danhorn in this scenario. Danhorn be going to prison.
Not quite true

All States and Territories allow for the use of deadly force but the rules vary on time, location, situation, and duty to retreat.

Not quite true

All States and Territories allow for the use of deadly force but the rules vary on time, location, situation, and duty to retreat.
Yes it is true. When it comes to the use of deadly force in the defense of property like your home or vehicle, Texas is the only state with an actual statutory scheme (Tx Penal Code 9.42) regarding the use of deadly force in self defense of property. That doesn't mean deadly force can't be used in other states. Other states lump this use of deadly force within their existing self-defense laws. By no means does this mean using deadly force is always appropriate when defending property (like the guy in the video who shot the guy kicking his truck). We can't automatically just shoot property thieves unless we've exhausted reasonable efforts by use of non-deadly force. It depends on the facts and circumstances of course, but the statute is subject to conditions that need to be met in order for this defense to be successful. In all other 49 states, using deadly force in defense of property in the absence of an imminent threat to a person is a crime - period, full stop, end of discussion. Texas doesn't operate that way.

I agree with this. We gun owners have to show good judgement if we are going to carry. There are three scenarios here. 1st, the crazed man kicks the truck a few times and then he would go on his merry way. 2nd scenario would be that the truck kicking didn’t satisfy him so, he then decides to go and assault the truck owner. This is more than a 50% chance of occuring, imo. I get the adrenalin, but the man here could have 1st threatened by pulling the gun and telling him to back off. Then if he attacks, shoot once, then twice if need be. 3rd scenario, there is uncertainty or risk, depending on how you want to look at it, is if the assailant backs off from the gun threat and retreats to his car as if all is cool, but then he brandishes a gun he had in his car. @txleapd , thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with this. We gun owners have to show good judgement if we are going to carry. There are three scenarios here. The crazed man kicked the truck a few times and then he would go on his merry way. 2nd scenario would be that the truck kicking didn’t satisfy him so, then he decides to go and assault the truck owner. This is more than a 50% chance of occuring, imo. I get the adrenalin, but the man here could have 1st threatened by pulling the gun and telling him to back off. Then if he attacks, shoot once, then twice if need be. 3rd acenario, Now, the uncertainty or risk, depending on how you want to look at it, is if the assailant backs off from the gun threat and retreats to his car as if it is all cool, but then he brandishes a gun he had in his car. @txleapd , thoughts?
I agree with most of your post except for the shooting one time part, specifically in such a close encounter. Spiked adrenaline and potentially other substances have helped many people power through a mortal wound for a few minutes until organs shut down.

If you commit to pulling the trigger, you continue to do so until the threat is no longer threatening. Now, that doesn't mean to send 2 more to his dome after he hits the ground like that recent robber in Houston.

People have gone nuts and have been emboldened by the neutered policing system. Cops are first respondents, not crazed guy prevention.

I agree with this. We gun owners have to show good judgement if we are going to carry. There are three scenarios here. The crazed man kicked the truck a few times and then he would go on his merry way. 2nd scenario would be that the truck kicking didn’t satisfy him so, then he decides to go and assault the truck owner. This is more than a 50% chance of occuring, imo. I get the adrenalin, but the man here could have 1st threatened by pulling the gun and telling him to back off. Then if he attacks, shoot once, then twice if need be. 3rd acenario, Now, the uncertainty or risk, depending on how you want to look at it, is if the assailant backs off from the gun threat and retreats to his car as if it is all cool, but then he brandishes a gun he had in his car. @txleapd , thoughts?
Agreed. Once you’ve exhausted reasonable efforts to protect your property, you can apply deadly force if you believe an imminent threat still exists. It’s not always clear cut though. Like Fresh said, people high on drugs may act erratically and unpredictable. E.G. the guy who was shot by the lady cop. It always depends on the facts and circumstances.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Just saw that. Cops were justified in using deadly force but I would fire the dumb ass that thought sneaking into the backseat was a good idea. I have zero law enforcement but I am fairly confident that what he did violates standard methods and probably department policy.

Just saw that. Cops were justified in using deadly force but I would fire the dumb ass that thought sneaking into the backseat was a good idea. I have zero law enforcement but I am fairly confident that what he did violates standard methods and probably department policy.
I roll you one better-- Hollywood movie rule number 6- never shoot the driver. :p

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT