ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Ride

Good pick up. I was not a fan of his tape but I am a fan of his size and potential. Reminds me of the kid that ended up at Arkansas I believe out of the 2013 class. He's definitly a guard more of a drive blocker and with some good coaching could turn into an all conference type player.

6'5" at 320 and the dude is pretty dang lean. This one is gonna be fun to watch develope!

Solid pickup. Need position and the pickings will soon be pretty slim. I think he is a top 10 instate OL, with upside.

Zane may be right this time, but he doesn't know shit. I thought he was huge texas fanboy, is he pouting about something.

I don't have a clue who Zane Ellis is, but I don't read much into any recruiting services OL evaluations. That's a position that early evaluations and early film study often bites you in the ass.

Reactions: TexExSpur
Glad we didnt offer. Couldn't agree more.

1) Thanks for posting the same tweet in two threads.
2) I'm glad you get your recruiting insight from a high schooler, aggy troll. When is techfan and snyderfan going to show up?
3) You have no clue how Wickline recruits. You can't logically project Wickline offensive lineman since he's taking a certain body type over actual technique. But hey, you take recruiting insight from a high schooler.

Zane may be right this time, but he doesn't know shit. I thought he was huge texas fanboy, is he pouting about something.

I interact with him on Twitter, he's not bad. Just a normal high schooler that's naive on a lot of subjects. I think it's great that he has an interest in recruiting but he has a ton to learn about the process.

Zane looks at * rankings.................and pouts when they go elsewhere. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about! As for this new commit, he is huge, lean for a big ugly and his motor doesn't stop, he's only been playing football for a few years so he is RAW and trust me... That is a good thing!

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
2) I'm glad you get your recruiting insight from a high schooler, aggy troll. When is techfan and snyderfan going to show up?
3) You have no clue how Wickline recruits. You can't logically project Wickline offensive lineman since he's taking a certain body type over actual technique. But hey, you take recruiting insight from a high schooler.
1. It's the quote of the day
2. No idea
3. Spin

Quotes from OL Tope Imade from Arlington Bowie after committing to Texas (24/7):

“I talked to my dad about it, and we decided to go with Texas,” Imade told Horns247. “They didn’t have any offensive line commits, so I thought it would be great if I could be their first one."

“The coaches showed they really wanted me, and my former teammate Edwin Freeman was in my ear about it too. Even Shane Buechele sent me some messages on Twitter. It just felt right.”

“My dad and I thought it was a great place,” Imade said. “I saw all the key locations around campus and really enjoyed watching the spring game. I was the first recruit the staff came up to, so they made me feel special.”

“Coach Wickline is a funny guy, but he’s strict too,” Imade said. “I think he’ll be a good coach to play for. I also talked to Coach (Charlie) Strong two days ago, and Coach BJ (Brian Jean-Mary) keeps up with me daily. They are all cool and genuine guys.”

6'5", 327 .lbs. Here he is standing next to Malcolm Brown for comparison:

JRi2KAw9.jpg

Kid could end up a 6'6 330-340 lb guard...pretty hard to fail with those measurables. One of the hard things about evaluating Olinemen especially large kids is have they first maxed out physically and second has their athletic ability caught up to their size yet.

Wouldn't it just be better to recruit Size and Technique which typically the top prospects offer instead of unranked 3 star recruits that are just "big?" Seems like you are on your 2nd tier of options. But hey Tech isn't recruiting so hot either.

Impossible to project a high school offensive lineman. Not sure what the Ellis kid is talking about. Pretty dumb tweet.

Kid could end up a 6'6 330-340 lb guard...pretty hard to fail with those measurables. One of the hard things about evaluating Olinemen especially large kids is have they first maxed out physically and second has their athletic ability caught up to their size yet.
Well, Wickline has said he prefers the 260 lb kid unless the 300 lb kid has the strength to go with the extra pounds. Seeing as how Imade can already deadlift 515 lbs, I'd say he's stronger than the average 260 lb O lineman.

Wouldn't it just be better to recruit Size and Technique which typically the top prospects offer instead of unranked 3 star recruits that are just "big?" Seems like you are on your 2nd tier of options. But hey Tech isn't recruiting so hot either.
Wickline knows what he's after. He's shown he knows how to develop O linemen. 2nd tier? Possibly but he's got some nice offers: KSU, Miami, Michigan, Washington. And after Little, Hudson and Owens, it's pretty tight in state this year.

Oh goodness Techfan is here now. LMAO, I called it. When is snyderfan going to show up next, gemba?

Is bubearfan an Aggie fan? I assumed he was an Oregon of the South fan.
Yes, he's another bitter, obsessed aggy fan. And I see you're becoming more culturally literate, mm.

And I like that 1939 gets under your skin. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT