ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorn's Fall Camp Thread

after reading the 2 deep I think it might have been Wilbon that I was reading about that is so strong. ...Things like " moves grown men against their will" and .."no great twitch speed, but he simply cannot be moved". Anyway, I hope it was him. I have been waiting for 2 years to hear his name.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I must say I'm disappointed Kirk Johnson isn't even on the 3 deep. Wonder if he's just not the same after the surgery, or just not in football shape yet.

Brandon Jones came here to much fan fare with his talent and speed. Before now, no one could make the lights come on for him....always out of position, playing slow etc....I read that that has completely changed. He not only is always in the right position, he is getting the other guys lined up right as well. They say he is playing like they always hoped he could. If so...we are gonna love him. If he slides even a little, well....we have a plan Foster that will pick things up.

I'm big on Jones. Finally I'm hoping that he can be the player that he has the potential to be and add to the legacy of Texas DB's.

I don’t guess we’ve heard any kind of updates on the Overshown or Adoye (sp) kid have we? Are we talking ligament tears or strains? We need that depth.

I don’t guess we’ve heard any kind of updates on the Overshown or Adoye (sp) kid have we? Are we talking ligament tears or strains? We need that depth.
They’re both out for a while. Wheeler and Shark will be the depth

there are no updates.....something about the Russians circling the podiums looking for updates...Loose lips sink ships and all that apparently.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Just a reminder that Wheeler has to sit the 1st half of the Maryland game due to a targeting call in the bowl game.... such bs

Considering they have to be 3 years out of HS that is pretty safe minus an injury.

Right but ain't gonna be 4 years if they are as good as advertised. Heck Earl redshirted then played only 2 seasons.

Just a reminder that Wheeler has to sit the 1st half of the Maryland game due to a targeting call in the bowl game.... such bs
Yep. Hope McCulloch's good to go. Otherwise we won't have a MLB that first half.

Yeah, I guess Ossai could play at B-backer and Roach in the middle. Won't feel comfortable at LB until Wheeler and McCulloch are both contributing though.

But like they say, next man up.

So basically a DE that drops into pass coverage in certain blitz packages. If we base out of the nickle then which DB is rolled down to the second level.

Has anyone had a Clob sighting?

I agree with oldhorn2. I’m a long time lurker/reader, never poster, awaiting clobs dissertation on fall camp that happens about this time of year. He’s been spot on the last couple years. I’m hoping for positive news this time around gents.

This will be the first time in six years that Texas has the same offense 2 seasons in a row. SIX YEARS! That is 2-3 recruiting classes that ran a different offense every year they were at Texas.

2018 Herman/Beck power spread, 2017 Herman/Beck power spread(lacking power), 2016 Sterlin Gilbert HUHN spread, 2015 Norvell/Traylor chicken salad spread from west coast chicken poop after Watson loses his job post game 1, 2014 Watson's west coast, 2013 Applewhite charged with changing to HUNH spread on Mack's order after the bowl loss to Oregon's HUNH spread in 2012, 2012 Harsin's inside out power spread, 2011 Harsin. 2010 GDGD Mack ordered change to power from spread after the Bama loss in NCG, 2009-2004 GDGD spread.

That is 7 different OCs in 8 years.

Reactions: outhereincali
So nothing from Clob yet and we’re 24 hours from the kick.

On another note, after hearing of two aggie linebackers getting flagged for targeting last night, my anxiety levels spiked at the thought of the same thing happening to any of our healthy LBs tomorrow, especially while Wheeler is already sitting.

I think it's one of those things that will happen from time to time. Every team will have to face it. Players need to be disciplined and try their best to avoid it but some of these look pure accidental.

Do I need to call in some old favors with NBPD and have them do a welfare check on Clob?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT