ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs Florida St thread of athleticism

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Not for nothing, but both these teams are athletic as hell.

Honestly, I don't know that we have as many athletes.

The zebras are from the Big XII. Already FSU has been called for 4 personal fouls LSU hasn't been called for any. It's this bunch auditioning for an SEC job? Now in non con games the visiting team provides the zebras. I sure hope this bunch doesn't do the Alabama game.

Not for nothing, but both these teams are athletic as hell.

Honestly, I don't know that we have as many athletes.
We don’t. We’re getting there but we’re not there. That’s been my main sticking point the last 8-10 years. We just don’t have the types of talents it takes to win huge. Sark is starting to land the types of guys it takes, but it takes time to dig out of that hole we’ve been in for so long.

I think Texas definitely has the athletes and anything less than a CC should be considered a failure of a year.

Well those allegedly great athletes at LSU still got 45 points dropped on their head and lost by 3 tds.

Some pretty crazy stats. Those crazy corn dogs in Baton Rouge are already calling for Kelly to be fired lol. I wonder if he has a bad year, how long will he last there.

LSU has now lost 4 season openers in a row:

2020 vs Miss St - L 44-34
2021 vs UCLA - L 38-27
2022 vs FSU - L 24-23
2022 vs FSU - L 45-24

LSU has now lost 3 of their last 4 games with all 3 losses in blowout fashion.

38-23 to A&M
50-30 to UGA
45-24 to FSU

Texas does have the athletes without a doubt to compete with anyone for a game, but moving forward the week to week is what is so hard. Take the last 4 classes Texas has had.
21: They were 15th nationally which would have put them 8th in the SEC
22: They were 5th nationally which put them 4th in the SEC
23: They finished 3 nationally which put them 3rd in the SEC
24: Currently(this will change as they have some big fish still to go I think) they sit at 18th nationally which puts them 10th in the SEC with Arkansas, Ole Miss and South Carolina right behind them.

In the Big 12 Texas could finish 10th in recruiting and that is top dog along with OU somewhere there and everyone else lagging way behind. In the SEC, every team has athletes which is why you can't get away with playing a B game.

Another interesting fact for this weekend...Since the Saban era Alabama has lost 4 games at home. He lost to Auburn who went on to win the Natty and had a Heisman winner. He lost to LSU which played in the NC game. He lost to A&M who had a Heisman winner, and he lost to Joe Burrow who won the Heisman AND won the natty.

SOOOO, if you win Saturday you should win the natty I guess is what that says..or congrats you have a Heisman winner.

Both DLs have some dudes. Big, strong, quick effers.

Perkins was terrible for LSU last night.

LSU secondary was hot garbage.

LSU has an electric QB, but they are hurting at RB and WR depth. The OL will be better.

I'm a big fan of that FSU QB...leader and baller. Was next to nobody out of HS. Senior QB with experience and some kind of IQ man!

FSU Lost 2-3 very good WR, but gained Keon Coleman. Net positive there

FSU Won final 6 including the bowl game

FSU returned 8 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense...could be a special year for them.

Both DLs have some dudes. Big, strong, quick effers.

Perkins was terrible for LSU last night.

LSU secondary was hot garbage.

LSU has an electric QB, but they are hurting at RB and WR depth. The OL will be better.

I'm a big fan of that FSU QB...leader and baller. Was next to nobody out of HS. Senior QB with experience and some kind of IQ man!

FSU Lost 2-3 very good WR, but gained Keon Coleman. Net positive there

FSU Won final 6 including the bowl game

FSU returned 8 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense...could be a special year for them.
LSU ****ed themselves using Perkins as a spy on Travis. You never use your best player as a spy. That basically neutralized him the whole game.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Texas does have the athletes without a doubt to compete with anyone for a game, but moving forward the week to week is what is so hard. Take the last 4 classes Texas has had.
21: They were 15th nationally which would have put them 8th in the SEC
22: They were 5th nationally which put them 4th in the SEC
23: They finished 3 nationally which put them 3rd in the SEC
24: Currently(this will change as they have some big fish still to go I think) they sit at 18th nationally which puts them 10th in the SEC with Arkansas, Ole Miss and South Carolina right behind them.

In the Big 12 Texas could finish 10th in recruiting and that is top dog along with OU somewhere there and everyone else lagging way behind. In the SEC, every team has athletes which is why you can't get away with playing a B game.

Another interesting fact for this weekend...Since the Saban era Alabama has lost 4 games at home. He lost to Auburn who went on to win the Natty and had a Heisman winner. He lost to LSU which played in the NC game. He lost to A&M who had a Heisman winner, and he lost to Joe Burrow who won the Heisman AND won the natty.

SOOOO, if you win Saturday you should win the natty I guess is what that says..or congrats you have a Heisman winner.
If Ewers kept the mullett, the Heisman was his with a good year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT