ADVERTISEMENT

Maalik Murphey

You should get a job with the NY Times with they way you can craft a narrative before the fact.
Why do you think he didn't attend the same camps Arnold and MM did? His family knows he's not ready as does Sark but didn't want to effect his NIL potential

Last edited:
meh Mannings want Arched redshirted...HOWEVER. After BYU im pretty sure Arch can start the rest of the year and still redshirt. So theirs that.
Sure he can but he'll be PTSD behind that Oline Sark runs out there every week.Manning needs to be brought on extremely slow, maybe 2 or 3 plays a gameuntil he gets a feel for the speed of big D-1 ball

All you gentlemen who have been screaming/chanting for MM to take over...well here you go. Hope he does well and lights it up but for those thinking we will now be running a dual threat RPO off the option offense i have bad news for you. MM is the least mobile QB in our room and as far as passing he was a 60% passer in Highschool at best... I really hope this kid does well because that means the success for Texas Football but i truly believe we will miss QE within 2 weeks.

My question is..how short of a leash does Sark have on him before throwing Manning out there. (Which i dont want)
IT would help the program future, and Manning's development, if Manning were to get some reps even if Maalik does well.

Reactions: westx
go watch those "highlights" and you tell me how he'll do, we may be fixing to find out so might want to put the homerism away for now
No homerism. No one is saying Manning is ready to be the starter and everyone who follows the team closer than reading the ESPN headlines knows Sark doesn't want to throw him in there before he is ready. You are crafting this narrative out of thin air. Arch is not ready, which is why he is sitting third string. This isn't some mystery that you cracked.

I suspect there is some truth in what Bell is saying. The idea is NOT to preserve Mannings redshirt, it is to not get him jaded before he is somewhat more adjusted. I think the Manning family was more interested in Arch getting adjusted to college life first before becoming a football legend. They have a better idea of what the progression from HS to college to Pros entails than any other family on the planet. I also suspect they they also know full well that Arch may in fact have to come in and play. As I said, they know more about psyce development than anyone.
I am going to worry more about what is for supper than whether Bell is right or not.

Besides y'all know full well.....or SHOULD know full well that Bell will yank a chain now and again. I for one appreciate his perspective.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Sark will ruin Manningif he throws him in there, then he Will transfer, there’s a reason his family wants him redshirted, he’s nowhere near ready and the mouth breather fans will eat him alive first game he loses
I agree to an extent, but I don’t believe it would ruin him. If it happens, it would be best to play conservatively and lose than to let him get sacked/pressure/intercepted excessively. Can you imagine: The Texas Longhorn brand/expectations and the Manning brand/expectations both on an 18 year old kid?

I agree to an extent, but I don’t believe it would ruin him. If it happens, it would be best to play conservatively and lose than to let him get sacked/pressure/intercepted excessively. Can you imagine: The Texas Longhorn brand/expectations and the Manning brand/expectations both on an 18 year old kid?
No way I could sleep at night with those expectations

Run crossing routes underneath like Houston did us . Come out 5 wide they would never expect it .Get the ball out quickly to avoid getting him hit. Or a ton of Wildcat with Savion Red . Wishbone with Brooks , Baxter, Blue . Just a few ideas to protect Maalik. More than likely we will just run our backs into a stacked box because we have 0 imagination and lord forbid we do anything to surprise an opponent. Let’s see what the genius playcaller comes up with.. Hookem anyway !!
I likey that wishbone idea.
On 3rd down, Teams run crossing routes on us, bc our linebackers are no where to be found, most of the time doing a stunt.

Wishbone?...... I have to assume this is a joke. The key to the wish one is a QB that can run. I mean really run. We don't have that guy on our roster.

in case y'all didnt have enough to worry about....TFB is reporting that Malik has a back issue and they do not expect him to play the whole game. Most likely Arch will see action in the second half, if not sooner....crap!....I meant before.... I hope the O line does a great job of keeping him clean....

• Wow
Reactions: freeper
Wow. At this point, the opportunity is there for whoever will take it and run with it. I am backing whoever has some “dog” in him and will take this opportunity and lead this team.

Reactions: okiehorn
Wow. At this point, the opportunity is there for whoever will take it and run with it. I am backing whoever has some “dog” in him and will take this opportunity and lead this team.
Me too. We are about to separate the sh!t from the cotton seed. I want to know who wants to get their hands dirty. It's times like these when you find out if mommy and daddy raised a man, or a giant man-gina pvssyboy.

Reactions: Drtxhorn and westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT