ADVERTISEMENT

Masters of the Air......

freeper

Jan 6, 2005
This being the down season, are any of you boys watching "Masters of the Air" on Apple TV? The latest installment of Tom Hanks World War II treatment, this series covers the American bombing campaign over Europe. It's pretty damned good viewing.....

Reactions: BrownHorn
So, what is ol Tommy driving this time? The dude can't make a movie unless he's involved with transportation somehow.

So, what is ol Tommy driving this time? The dude can't make a movie unless he's involved with transportation somehow.
Nah- he's the producer.

This is about the 8th bomber squadron stationed in England. They were that unlucky bunch that lost damn near every bomber crew. I think they had more fatalities than the entirety of the marine corps during WWII.

Reactions: freeper
Nah- he's the producer.

This is about the 8th bomber squadron stationed in England. They were that unlucky bunch that lost damn near every bomber crew. I think they had more fatalities than the entirety of the marine corps during WWII.
The "Bloody Hundredth" Bomb Group. They weren't just decimated, they were damned near annihilated. It's a fact that the "Mighty 8th Air Force" lost more men during the bombing campaign over Western Europe, than the entire US Marine Corps did in World War II.

Like I said, it's good viewing, or maybe I'm just biased as a large part of my graduate research was on "Operation Point Blank".

Reactions: BrownHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT