ADVERTISEMENT

Movie: "Vengeance"

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I watched this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty funny. I had thought about posting this sooner, but I wasn't sure about recommending it. It is about New York City podcaster (BJ Novak) going to West Texas to investigate a murder. Pretty much a culture clash that goes both ways. Yea they go too far in some of the West Texas stereo types, but it just makes it funnier. One of the funniest parts to me is when one of the Texans told the New Yorker "We don't have the police, we have Mike and Dan". Anybody that comes from a small town will fully understand the little bit of truth in that statement. There is funny as hell Texas/Texas Tech undercurrent. It's not an academy award type movie and some probably won't like it, but I did enjoy. If you do watch it, you will probably realize how much everybody in everyday life say "one-hundred percent".

I watched this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty funny. I had thought about posting this sooner, but I wasn't sure about recommending it. It is about New York City podcaster (BJ Novak) going to West Texas to investigate a murder. Pretty much a culture clash that goes both ways. Yea they go too far in some of the West Texas stereo types, but it just makes it funnier. One of the funniest parts to me is when one of the Texans told the New Yorker "We don't have the police, we have Mike and Dan". Anybody that comes from a small town will fully understand the little bit of truth in that statement. There is funny as hell Texas/Texas Tech undercurrent. It's not an academy award type movie and some probably won't like it, but I did enjoy. If you do watch it, you will probably realize how much everybody in everyday life say "one-hundred percent".

Pretty good movie!

I watched it tonight.
There were some quintessential "Texas" moments-- but there were also some very "I'm a Yankee but I think this is how Texans act" moments as well.
Mike and Dan was funny.
Whataburger was alright.
The Texas accents were ..... meh. I was born in West Texas and I can turn that sh!t on and off like a lightswitch.
They did take their pot shots at us.
The Texas Tech bit was funny.
Overall- decent flick.

Reactions: freeper and westx
Watched it tonight, a little goofy at first when he gets to Texas but if he comes a very interesting movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT