ADVERTISEMENT

My 2 cents--

utx

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2003
We that was entertaining, if you are an offensive guy. There is definitely some firepower on offense. Arch looked really impressive and keep in mind that Quinn is the #-1.
My take away is that all three QBs can play a winning brand of football. For that matter Owens looked better at this stage of his career than Arch did this time last year. He is a legit SEC QB right now.

Arch processes the reads very quickly and as pretty as his deep throws are,his ten and fifteen yard lasers are more so in my opinion,he just snaps those throws out there,super quick release.

All the WRs looked impressive,Bond had some drops which he will have to clean up but the play making ability is there. Moore flashed some serious speed and Cook made some tough catches but Wingo stole the show. He wil be a major factor this season.

As far as the DBs,they got burned repeatedly mostly on switch routes. This is somewhat understandable because it is more a lack of communication and they were all mixed in with 1st,2nd and third team guys plus they are trying to defend the best pass offense in the country.

I think our pass rush is going to be quite a bit better this year,Vasek and Simmons add a whole new dimension and Trey Moore and Sorrell didnt even play. If we can add the UCLA and the AZ DTs this defense may be the best we have seen since 2005.

Tre Wisner is a ball player,he is like Jonathon Brooks was his first two years,all he does is make plays every time he is on the field.

Wingo beat two 5* players in Black and Filsame for his TDs, Black responded with an interception later,love DBs with a short memory. Wingo is a freak,

Trevor Goosby looked good at LT and I thought Conner looked good at backup center.--utx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News