ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

I wish Shaka Smart could have coached him for at least one year. And Myles Turner still ended up as a lottery pick.

Meh, Myles has a ton of potential but he's a terrible fit in Shaka's system. In a way, I'm glad he went pro and got drafted high while he can. I think Myles would have only hurt his draft stock under Shaka because he's about the polar opposite of what Shaka is looking for in a big.

The guy I would have loved to see play under Shaka is Holmes because he's built for Shaka's system.

I wish Shaka Smart could have coached him for at least one year. And Myles Turner still ended up as a lottery pick.

Indeed. He would have been much better under Smart, and he would have done just fine with his style of play. Barnes wasted his talent, as well as that of Holmes, this past season. I still don't get why people were so in love with Barnes offense, as they kept saying it fit our squad...it didn't, and I said so then. Under Smart, Turner and Holmes would have played better. But we are on to bigger and better things, so it no longer matters.

Reactions: diadevic
Meh, Myles has a ton of potential but he's a terrible fit in Shaka's system. In a way, I'm glad he went pro and got drafted high while he can. I think Myles would have only hurt his draft stock under Shaka because he's about the polar opposite of what Shaka is looking for in a big.

The guy I would have loved to see play under Shaka is Holmes because he's built for Shaka's system.

I don't know bomb. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but you don't think turner could have adjusted his style a bit to fit better in shaka's defensive schemes?

I don't know bomb. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but you don't think turner could have adjusted his style a bit to fit better in shaka's defensive schemes?

I think Shaka would have adjusted his offensive and defensive schemes to fit Myles. Shaka will have to adjust this year because our bigs, outside maybe Ibeh, aren't really the mold he likes. Gonna be interesting what he does with someone like Ridley/Cleare. I haven't seen enough of Cleare yet to really have a good grasp of what he is, so maybe he's a better fit than I think.

The problem with Turner is he's not very mobile at all. Even the bigs in the back of the press are asked to move quite a bit. Not to mention, Shaka's offensive system is dependent on bigs getting down the court quickly.

I think Shaka would have adjusted his offensive and defensive schemes to fit Myles. Shaka will have to adjust this year because our bigs, outside maybe Ibeh, aren't really the mold he likes. Gonna be interesting what he does with someone like Ridley/Cleare. I haven't seen enough of Cleare yet to really have a good grasp of what he is, so maybe he's a better fit than I think.

The problem with Turner is he's not very mobile at all. Even the bigs in the back of the press are asked to move quite a bit. Not to mention, Shaka's offensive system is dependent on bigs getting down the court quickly.

He is not the most mobile guy in the world, but regardless of that, clob is still right, Turner would have been better under Shaka. He moved well enough on the college level.

Clob we had enough talent to run teams out the building, but Barnes is too damn stubborn to change up his style. We could have started Turner at center(we got nothing from that position anyway), with Holmes at PF(Lammert was terrible), with Walker, Taylor, and Holland starting alongside them. We could have ran teams ragged, with Ibeh backing up Turner, and Lammert backing up Holmes. Then we still had Felix and Yancy at guard. We should have smashed the gas. I hoped for it, but knew it would never happen. Shaka would have tapped into Turner's potential. Barnes wasted his talent, along with Holmes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT