ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Thread

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I don’t have a lot of interest in the nfl other than the Boys. I don’t ever have much of a desire to post, but I thought I would start a general thread for anybody that has something to say.
First, I hate the eagles, but they are damn good, it will be them or frisco on the nfc side of the superbowl. Also, I am noticing that eagle’s coach’s visor has an Italian flag. When did this be ome a thing?

I don’t have a lot of interest in the nfl other than the Boys. I don’t ever have much of a desire to post, but I thought I would start a general thread for anybody that has something to say.
First, I hate the eagles, but they are damn good, it will be them or frisco on the nfc side of the superbowl. Also, I am noticing that eagle’s coach’s visor has an Italian flag. When did this be ome a thing?
The Eagles are frauds. They’ve been winning a ton of close games this year. I don’t think they’re as good as their record shows. SF is on a different level than anybody when they are healthy. If they can stay healthy they’re going to win it all this year.

The Eagles are frauds. They’ve been winning a ton of close games this year. I don’t think they’re as good as their record shows. SF is on a different level than anybody when they are healthy. If they can stay healthy they’re going to win it all this year.
I'm a Ravens fan myself they hired Todd Monken who was the oc at Georgia and they've made some other coaching changes on the offense as well. And now it's coming to fruition the offense is finally starting to play like they should have been playing the last few years. And of course they have Justin and Devin. And the defense is stout.

And they play the 49ers on Christmas night.

@Hookem722 mentioned how good the 49ers are. Well what do you expect their head coach graduated from the greatest institution of higher learning mankind has ever known.

I'm a Ravens fan myself they hired Todd Monken who was the oc at Georgia and they've made some other coaching changes on the offense as well. And now it's coming to fruition the offense is finally starting to play like they should have been playing the last few years. And of course they have Justin and Devin. And the defense is stout.

And they play the 49ers on Christmas night.

@Hookem722 mentioned how good the 49ers are. Well what do you expect their head coach graduated from the greatest institution of higher learning mankind has ever known.
My Super Bowl prediction is the Ravens vs. 49ers. That is barring injuries of course though. If the 49ers stay healthy nobody will beat them.

Dallas finally whooped up one the eagles. Good to see that. Did anybody see the crazy end to the Chiefs/Bills game. Here is a link to the incredible play that was not valid because of offensive off-sides. I agree with the call. Not sure why Mahomes was so mad.

Reactions: diadevic
Dallas finally whooped up one the eagles. Good to see that. Did anybody see the crazy end to the Chiefs/Bills game. Here is a link to the incredible play that was not valid because of offensive off-sides. I agree with the call. Not sure why Mahomes was so mad.
He's mad because he's got a little spoiled brat inside him.

Dude has gotten used to winning and he's lost 4 of his last 6 games. Something has changed inside his organization. Something bigger than him has become a distraction. Something he can't control. Something, that if he speaks out about it, will cause about 1 billion people on this planet to turn on him.

I'll let you figure that out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: diadevic and DHHorn
He's mad because he's got a little spoiled brat inside him.

Dude has gotten used to winning and he's lost 4 of his last 6 games. Something has changed inside his organization. Something bigger than him has become a distraction. Something he can't control. Something, that if he speaks put about it, will cause about 1 billion people on this planet to turn on him.

I'll let you figure that out

Swifties are all upset about that call.

What a great win for the ravens yesterday. And they didn't commit any penalties on the last play. Screw the bills/chiefs ending this was legal.

Speaking of the Ravens I'm surprised it wasn't Devin Duvernay who returned the punt I thought he handled all the returns.

I wonder why Devin has struggled as receiver. He's got great hands but does anyone here understand what his shortcomings are?

Speaking of the Ravens I'm surprised it wasn't Devin Duvernay who returned the punt I thought he handled all the returns.

I wonder why Devin has struggled as receiver. He's got great hands but does anyone here understand what his shortcomings are?
Is he dropping or are they not throwing to him?

His game just hasn't translated well to the NFL level. He was an all pro returner in 2021 though.

I'm no fan of the Dallas Cowboys but when the other team has to kick 5 fgs, 3 of them from 50+, and they still win you have to wonder. However Deshon Elliott is starting for the dolphins. He's bounced around the league but he's still playing so I'm happy for him.

I don't know if they do this in part because they need to pay these exorbitant salaries. But the NFL is now on 4 days a week on a regular basis. They've cut into traditional college fb time slots. Thursday night, Thanksgiving night, and now they're going head to head against the Orange Bowl on Saturday. Not only that but they're going head to head against the Dallas Cowboys the biggest draw in professional sports. I hope the Orange Bowl kicks their ass in the ratings.

Reactions: westx
And now tonight we have the Ravens/49ers. This is a win/win situation of you're a longhorn.

The 49ers have a former longhorn legend (who can forget that 5 yard catch on third and seven against Iowa State) as a head coach.

And now you have the Ravens who have the greatest kicker in NFL history who not surprisingly played at Texas. They have the 2 best records in the NFL.

They're playing tonight. On Christmas Day. On national tv. It makes me proud to be a longhorn.

Reactions: Archmadness
Man the Ravens look like the best team in the NFL tonight. And when Lamar Jackson is on he's hands down the best player in the NFL. And of course Justin kicked 4 fgs.

Last edited:
Man the Ravens look like the best team in the NFL tonight. And when Lamar Jackson is on he's hands down the best player in the NFL. And of course Justin kicked 4 fgs.

You could say that about a dozen players in NFL. Jackson is good. But he’s very inconsistent. That said he’s a problem. But he’s too inaccurate of a passer for me to think they’ll win it all.

You could say that about a dozen players in NFL. Jackson is good. But he’s very inconsistent. That said he’s a problem. But he’s too inaccurate of a passer for me to think they’ll win it all.
Todd Monken who was the oc on Georgia's NC teams is the new oc with the Ravens and Lamar Jackson has improved immensely. That said he lost Mark Andrews,and Kevin Mitchell, a promising young rb for the season. There's no one standout guy about the skill players yet but with Monken and Jackson combined plus a top notch defense the ravens can win it all.

Todd Monken who was the oc on Georgia's NC teams is the new oc with the Ravens and Lamar Jackson has improved immensely. That said he lost Mark Andrews,and Kevin Mitchell, a promising young rb for the season. There's no one standout guy about the skill players yet but with Monken and Jackson combined plus a top notch defense the ravens can win it all.

I like LJ. He’s not accurate though. He’s not gonna be much better than he is now in that regard.

He’s 28th in passes off target. Not good enough for playoffs

I like LJ. He’s not accurate though. He’s not gonna be much better than he is now in that regard.

He’s 28th in passes off target. Not good enough for playoffs
Well when he's clicking and he's running with the fb he's the most exciting player in the NFL. Obviously I'm a big fan. And when all else fails there's always Justin.

So the guy tried to report but the ref didn’t see it. Was the ref supposed to read their mind at that point?
I am a Cowboys fan, but video replay I saw verified it to me. Course, with the loudness of stadium and the need to get the next play going could have been a factor

Bijan has gotten the attention and deservedly so. Now the bears don't have a good team. But whenever Roshon has gotten his hands on the ball he makes something happen. He's averaging over 5 ypc and has caught some passes. Way to go Roshon make us proud. Given your work ethic you're going to be somebody's starting rb soon. Don't let these stats fool you.

76 carries 332 years 4.4 ypc
34 receptions for 209 years
2 tds

Last edited:
The refs screwed Detroit.
It should have never gotten to that point anyways because of that bogus tripping penalty on the drive before should have been on Detroit and not Dallas. That would have ended the game.

Bijan has gotten the attention and deservedly so. Now the bears don't have a good team. But whenever Roshon has gotten his hands on the ball he makes something happen. He's averaging over 5 ypc and has caught some passes. Way to go Roshon make us proud. Given your work ethic you're going to be somebody's starting rb soon. Don't let these stats fool you.

76 carries 332 years 4.4 ypc
34 receptions for 209 years
2 tds
Bijan only 52 yards away from 1k. And believe it or, Falcons have a chance to make the playoffs.

Bijan only 52 yards away from 1k. And believe it or, Falcons have a chance to make the playoffs.
Coburn is playing well for the Chiefs. Ojomo is finally on the field for the Eagles. DO unfortunately was lost for the season when he got an ACL in a preseason game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT