ADVERTISEMENT

Officers on scene and bright (super bright) headlights on oncoming traffic?

15-14

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
At least twice I have been completely blinded by bright headlights on a law enforcement vehicle, shining directly at me, as I approached a scene at less than walking speed. Does anybody know why they do this with their lights? I actually had an officer put both hands on my hood to stop me as I was easing upon the scene where my sister had slipped off the road and was on a dangerous embankment. I told the officer that I never realized he was there until he touched my hood, and I was glad I could stop before bumping him. No response from officer.

Just the other day I was driving in Tierra Linda, a nice multi acre development north of Kerrville, when the TL VFD was evidently trying to deploy their truck. I was motioned over by Volunteer number 2, who I could barely see to the side of the road, as I was driving straight at the morning sun, around a gentle curve. I was shocked to find that Volunteer number 1 was in the middle of the road, in front of my car. I could not see him at all. He was cussing "my dumb ass" for not complying with his visual directions. After pulling over, I told Vol 2 that I could not see Vol 1 standing in the rising sun, and didn't know he was even there until I pulled over. Understandable, given the situation, but Vol 1 needed to be aware of his dangerous invisibility.

So, I guess my point is, the blinding headlights seem like poor practice by law enforcement. Any input on why they don't correct the danger of the situation?

Reactions: ut8687 and bd tejas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News