ADVERTISEMENT

Official Longhorns v "I'm a man! I'm 40" thread

Well....... who would've thought it would have ended like that. Damn.
Players of the game:
1) Holton Hill. Made plays after plays
2) The Predator. Made a lot of tackles
3) Hager. I think he had 3 sacks. He should be playing a lot more.
4) Boyd. Made some good plays.
5) The Punter. NFL
Players of Waste Management:
1) The Receivers. Drop after Drop
2) QB. Yes he played like a fish today. Looked nervous and indecisive on a lot of plays.
3) The Refs. Big calls throughout especially on the PI on Hill.
4) OC. Wasn't aggressive like he should've been and it showed.

The Defense is by far the bright spot on the team besides the Punter. Let's finish strong and get bowling. Next year will be the year to see improvement from the offense and playoff bound

Bad ending but if they had played better on offense during the game it would not have to come down to the last play of the game.Freshman qb's will make mistakes as expected,he will learn on this one.He will not remember all the good plays he made but the pic will be hard for him to forget but Sam is strong enough to rebound .

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
man I really wanted you guys to beat ostate. Your qb throws the ball out of bounds last week on a 4th down and today just gives the game away. I know he is a frosh but dang thats little league

Bro your team almost got beat by little league. Little league made you also shit your pants. He's a fish I'll let him slide even if it was mistake but Buchelle behind this line gives us no chance.

Reactions: freeper
Sam is a horror passer ...he is not the future.
He has been playing better as of late than the start of the season. He will get better. He needs to stop running the ball so much like a RB. If you run, go north against a speed type of D

Apparently Vahe woke up puking...that couldn't have helped our already thin O Line...

This heartache will kill me sometime
Yea...i wish they would take a knee during the anthem so I could disown them. I have removed them from any future phone alerts so that is a plus. No bowl game again this year....

Vince and Colt had way better linemen than Ehlinger.

Vince had Will Allen, Jonathan Scott, and Justin Blalock.

Sam needs to grow up like right now! He's had enough games and big moments where the freshman mistakes should be all behind him. So far, he's fumbled at the 1 against USC, threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down against OU and now unexplicably lofts up a loaf of bread into the end zone handing OSU the game. There's absolutely no excuse to make that play. Just terrible. My only explanation would be that he possibly has a concussion and just doesn't know what is happening in the moment. They call way too many run plays for him. That's not good for him or our team. He's going to keep getting clobbered out there. Opposing defenses are just going to keep blitzing and pressuring him. I won't be surprised if we see Buechele next week.

Sam needs to grow up like right now! He's had enough games and big moments where the freshman mistakes should be all behind him. So far, he's fumbled at the 1 against USC, threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down against OU and now unexplicably lofts up a loaf of bread into the end zone handing OSU the game. There's absolutely no excuse to make that play. Just terrible. My only explanation would be that he possibly has a concussion and just doesn't know what is happening in the moment. They call way too many run plays for him. That's not good for him or our team. He's going to keep getting clobbered out there. Opposing defenses are just going to keep blitzing and pressuring him. I won't be surprised if we see Buechele next week.

Ok so you picked all the things he did wrong. What about him leading us to a winning TD against OU and USC and the defense losing the game. He can't win all the games by himself.

Reactions: weevilcatch
He's a true freshmen that's being asked to beat some damn good teams and if I'm not mistaken he's put us in winning positions with the other side just letting the offense go right down the field. Color me impressed that he's doing this without an OL and well he was just playing high school ball last year.

Last edited:
Ya gotta have your strong, healthy horses up front. Otherwise, its hard to pull the cart.

There also was more than one mistake (holding penalties and having an official crew that might have been retaliating because Franklins ran out of bbq when they were in line).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT