ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Playoff Argument Thread- Who's in and Why

They said they left FSU out because......yes youre right..Travis being injured and "they arnt the same team"

i think its bs. FSU should be 4. You can win with a dominating defense. tOSU won a national title with a 3rd string qb not to long ago as well.
FSU will get throttled by Georgia.

Fla.St. knew what they were doing when they tried to bolt out of the ACC earlier this year. The committee got what they wanted, and what we will see in the future. All SEC and Big 10 teams (even if they don't join until next year).

There is no super team this year. Any of the 4 can win it. UT has the most balance, so why not?

None of the teams scare me at all. Washington is a tough match up but we haven't had a problem scoring on anyone. I would rather play them with a month to prepare and then either Bama or Michigan on a typical schedule. We have a chance to get a lot of guys healthy and it isn't outside the realm of possibility that we could win it all.

If you would have told me we had a legit shot at being CFP champions at the start of the season I would have thought you were crazy. Most people probably would have. Yet here were are today.
You mean you didn't read my pre-season essay that basically summed up ALL of this?

I'm sincerely heart broken dude...... I'll go fetch it for you so can give me side eye.

You mean you didn't read my pre-season essay that basically summed up ALL of this?

I'm sincerely heart broken dude...... I'll go fetch it for you so can give me side eye.
I have so much going on week to week man. Asking to remember something in August is a heavy lift. I thought we would be a one or two loss Big 12 champion just because of the talent gap.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
I have so much going on week to week man. Asking to remember something in August is a heavy lift. I thought we would be a one or two loss Big 12 champion just because of the talent gap.
Here you go Speed...... it's about halfway down.

Yeah I think a lot of us were there at 10 and 2 with a loss at Alabama and a slip up somewhere in conference play but I don't think there were too many of us at 12-1 and in the CFP. I really thought it was more like the 04 team that beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl to set up the run in 05

Reactions: Archmadness
I don’t understand your read em and weep statement? I said Texas would be 3 or 4 and Bama would get in dumbass. Good luck against Washington, should be a great matchup. Oh and Scoreboard lol
Even though you're a sooner Oklahoma should have gotten in over Mississippi. Penn State doesn't deserve to be in there either whereas Oklahoma has a win over Texas. Why are they in? Quality losses? This makes 4 SEC teams in the elite bowls. 2 teams that really don't deserve to be in. This year's Oklahoma team could beat Penn State or Mississippi.

Reactions: Deweygolfer

Where’s the part where you were telling everybody in this thread that Texas was out?

Reactions: Hoookem722
Sign of a healthy program here

Choate has done a heck of a job here. Would be well deserved if this gets done.

Where’s the part where you were telling everybody in this thread that Texas was out?
That was me preparing my brothers in arms for the worst case scenario.
People put in decision making paradigms like that can act coo-coo.
My fear was that they'd pop a metal spring and punish Texas for what they may perceive as our past transgressions.
Admit it-- it was a HUGELY pressured moment the likes of which has NEVER been seen in the modern era of college football.

I'm glad I planned for the worst.

My fear was that they'd pop a metal spring and punish Texas for what they may perceive as our past transgressions.
Admit it-- it was a HUGELY pressured moment the likes of which has NEVER been seen in the modern era of college football.

you werent the only ones planned for disaster. We all knew deep down there was a chance Texas would get fvkced. Im just pumped that we got in!

ps we already have as many wins in the CFP AS blowu

and we have been more times than aggy.

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND.

That’s why you should have listened to me last night after Bama won. There was no way they were leaving Bama out and there was also no way they could leave us out after they put Bama in. All logic pointed to that.

Reactions: brushycreekhorn
That’s why you should have listened to me last night after Bama won. There was no way they were leaving Bama out and there was also no way they could leave us out after they put Bama in. All logic pointed to that.

I agree that they couldn’t have included Bama over us, but I still feel like FSU got screwed.

I agree that they couldn’t have included Bama over us, but I still feel like FSU got screwed.
Leaving FSU out was the right call but it does suck for them. The reality is someone was gonna get screwed and it was more justifiable to leave FSU out than it was Alabama or Texas.

The reality is the playoff should have been 8 teams from the get go. The fact that it took 9 years to have more than 4 teams deserving is lucky.

Leaving FSU out was the right call but it does suck for them. The reality is someone was gonna get screwed and it was more justifiable to leave FSU out than it was Alabama or Texas.

The reality is the playoff should have been 8 teams from the get go. The fact that it took 9 years to have more than 4 teams deserving is lucky.
I don’t buy the poor FSU BS. They went undefeated in a shitty conference. Liberty won every game too and nobody is pissing down their leg for them. That fact of the matter is if the B12, B19, PAC2, SEC, and the ACC all go undefeated, somebody would get left out. FSU wouldn’t be in the top 3 in any of the other conferences.

I don’t buy the poor FSU BS. They went undefeated in a shitty conference. Liberty won every game too and nobody is pissing down their leg for them. That fact of the matter is if the B12, B19, PAC2, SEC, and the ACC all go undefeated, somebody would get left out. FSU wouldn’t be in the top 3 in any of the other conferences.
I think FSU has the best defense in the country......

it should have been

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

But the CFP didnt want to piss of the SEC.

I get it Bama beat the number 1 team in the country..congrats..HOWEVER. Starting Friday it was playoff season, you lose youre out. EVERYONE knew that. Gerogia loss, they out. Bama won so they get to be talked about head to head with the other 1 loss should be 4th place team. TEXAS. We beat them head to head and Bama should have been left out. Easy as that..

Reactions: txleapd

it should have been

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

I get it Bama beat the number 1 team in the country..congrats..HOWEVER. Starting Friday it was playoff season, you lose youre out. EVERYONE knew that. Gerogia loss, they out. Bama won so they get to be talked about head to head with the other 1 loss should be 4th place team. TEXAS. We beat them head to head and Bama should have been left out. Easy as that..
Concur

it should have been

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Michigan has the best defense in the country I think.

Had nothing to do with "not listening" to you bud. It had to do with--- this was the most unprecedented playoff scenario in college football history. There was no road map for this. No precedent. Somebody was going to get fvcked. I just had a a slight suspicion that it could end up being us.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to read the minds of a committee sitting in a room- all from varying backgrounds- and predict their actions.

Reactions: hookem777
Was UG the best team in the country? The same fools voted them #1 that kept insisting Oregon was better than us. The reality is that head to head is the only true indicator of who is better than who.

Right now of the last 4 there is only one team that. Beat another....and that is us over Bama.

And...yes FSU got jobbed. Somebody had to. Their own fault for playing such a weak ass schedule.

Had nothing to do with "not listening" to you bud. It had to do with--- this was the most unprecedented playoff scenario in college football history. There was no road map for this. No precedent. Somebody was going to get fvcked. I just had a a slight suspicion that it could end up being us.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to read the minds of a committee sitting in a room- all from varying backgrounds- and predict their actions.
If we had messed around and barely beat Tech and then just barely got by Oklahoma State I would have agreed with you. But the way we handled business the last 2 weeks is a big part of the reason we got in. Those style points along with the win in Tuscaloosa were the 2 things that got us in.

If we had messed around and barely beat Tech and then just barely got by Oklahoma State I would have agreed with you. But the way we handled business the last 2 weeks is a big part of the reason we got in. Those style points along with the win in Tuscaloosa were the 2 things that got us in.
And Bama beating Georgia...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT