ADVERTISEMENT

Official Texas Football Spring Practice thread

Now the bad news. Still no pass rush, against a bad O line. Very troubling that our weakest points are on both sides of the trenches.

Pray that those big freshmen OL are working their asses off and ready to make an immediate impact. Pray even harder Mathis chooses Texas.

Besides Ewers, offensive MVPs were Whittington, Billingsley, and Sanders. Music to my ears.
Our offense has the potential to be pretty lethal next year. Need to get Banks and Campbell in here to shore up that offensive line and we might have something. Defensively I’m really worried about the LB position.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
We have two talented OL coming in however the problem is they just are going to get pushed around some. It doesn't matter what they do they are going to need time to develop and we are anticipating that those two guys are going to be the starting tackles.

Biggest problem is we cant get any pressure with 4 guys. We need a DE or OLB that will force teams to keep a TE or RB in pass protection. We just don't have that.

Unless some things change we aren't going to be that much better than last year.

Our offense has the potential to be pretty lethal next year. Need to get Banks and Campbell in here to shore up that offensive line and we might have something. Defensively I’m really worried about the LB position.
Sounds like Overshown has beefed up, and had a great scrimmage, making plays sideline to sideline. I’m more worried about DE.

We have two talented OL coming in however the problem is they just are going to get pushed around some. It doesn't matter what they do they are going to need time to develop and we are anticipating that those two guys are going to be the starting tackles.

Biggest problem is we cant get any pressure with 4 guys. We need a DE or OLB that will force teams to keep a TE or RB in pass protection. We just don't have that.

Unless some things change we aren't going to be that much better than last year.
I think Campbell is going to be playing inside is my guess. Based off of everything I have seen from him I don't see him getting pushed around much. He's about as ready of a starter as I have seen in a long time. Banks is also a day 1 starter and an upgrade over anybody we had last season.

I think 8 wins is our ceiling this coming year. Possibly 9 if the defense is better than anticipated. And I think that's very attainable as the top 3 teams in the conference from last year were all hit hard with graduation.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I think Campbell is going to be playing inside is my guess. Based off of everything I have seen from him I don't see him getting pushed around much. He's about as ready of a starter as I have seen in a long time. Banks is also a day 1 starter and an upgrade over anybody we had last season.

I think 8 wins is our ceiling this coming year. Possibly 9 if the defense is better than anticipated. And I think that's very attainable as the top 3 teams in the conference from last year were all hit hard with graduation.

It's just been so long since we have been worth a shit. Hard to expect more than 7 wins

It's just been so long since we have been worth a shit. Hard to expect more than 7 wins
That's my thoughts. I'm not getting sucked into that false hope again this year. I know the talent is there but until we prove it on the field I say 8 wins is our ceiling. We are going to find out real quickly where we stand in week 2 against Bama.

I feel better at this time than I did last year just for the fact we have Ewers and are bringing in a couple of stud offensive lineman. Defense is still going to be a major issue I think though. Going to have to score 40+ a week to win games next year is what i'm thinking.

Reactions: outhereincali
Aw c'mon man we're not that bad.
Kansas put 57 on us! I don't put anything past this defense after what I saw last year. And I really hate that because I know Pete K. is a damn good coach. He was consistently putting 4-5 guys a year in the NFL in his time at Washington. I really do think having Patterson is going to help the defense as a whole but I still think think they have some major holes.

Even a sucky D that's a little bit better than last years sucky D probly nets us 3 more wins alone. Surely the D this year is a little bit better right?

Kansas put 57 on us! I don't put anything past this defense after what I saw last year. And I really hate that because I know Pete K. is a damn good coach. He was consistently putting 4-5 guys a year in the NFL in his time at Washington. I really do think having Patterson is going to help the defense as a whole but I still think think they have some major holes.
From what I've read I'm not impressed by what I've read about the players. Besides we won't really know until the season starts and that's 5 months from now. The one thing that has impressed me is that GP appears to have fit right in which is great. All those annoying schemes he employed against us it drove me crazy and with good but not great players. He has more talent here let's hope this works for the best.

HookemHorns

Last edited:
Well everyone should know the news by now pre-season polls have us at 6....higher than blowu and aggy.....
I swear they do this on purpose to make Texas look bad when we "underachieve" again. It gives them more articles to write and tweet how Texas doesn't develop players and has locker room troubles, etc.. There is not way that anyone who seriously follows this team thinks we will be a top 10 team at the end of the year.

Reactions: freeper and westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT