ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Texas vs Purple "wizard" farewell tour of Survival gameday thread**

I’m extremely happy to get the win today and against a really good team at that. KState is as well coached of a team as we will play all year. An ugly win counts the same. Still a ton of things to work on and Sark has to be better.

On the other hand, if Quinn can’t go next week then it’s time to see what Arch has. I’ve seen enough from Maalik. He is not ready at all. We win that game by 20+ with Quinn today. I can’t believe the time I spent arguing with people that said Maalik was better than Quinn just based off of that spring game lol

And it should also be noted that before anyone questions sark if I had told you 6 weeks ago “hey Maalik Murphy is going to be the starting QB against KState” every single one of you would of said “oh shit were ****ed”. So credit sark and the coaching staff for finding a way.

No b!tching today about a win. I won't tolerate it. I'll bounce you like a quarter into a shot glass at an all night kegger. At this point we've got a man down, the enemy is surrounding us, and reinforcements are on the way. Just survive. Ain't nothing pretty about survival. And there won't be much pretty about this game-- win or lose.

So-- if we manage to dig in, hunker down, and break the wave of the invading hoard upon our shield-- then like stormy seas crashing upon the granite shores, the tide will receade and we can fight the storm another day.

"Survive" <-- Staff Sgt Lincoln Osiris

From my couch watching college gameday--

TEXAS!
You sure you're not writing this from Budapest...!!

Reactions: freeper
No b!tching today about a win. I won't tolerate it. I'll bounce you like a quarter into a shot glass at an all night kegger. At this point we've got a man down, the enemy is surrounding us, and reinforcements are on the way. Just survive. Ain't nothing pretty about survival. And there won't be much pretty about this game-- win or lose.

So-- if we manage to dig in, hunker down, and break the wave of the invading hoard upon our shield-- then like stormy seas crashing upon the granite shores, the tide will receade and we can fight the storm another day.

"Survive" <-- Staff Sgt Lincoln Osiris

From my couch watching college gameday--

TEXAS!
Kids--

Gather round the campfire.

Clob told you tonight would be an ugly win or an ugly loss. It seems as though some of you just decided to disregard this.
I paid good money to one of Satan's minions to be informed ahead of time on stuff like this-- so you'd do well to pay attention.

I know the glossy veneer of an early lead at a breathtaking pace made all your genitals engorged with delight-- but you were warned.
Ugly win or ugly loss.

Survive. That's all this is about right now. Make it out of this fvcked up season and into next year. Survive.
Right now we are 8-1 and in the driver's seat and a 100% chance to make the playoffs if we win out.

Survive.

Kids--

Gather round the campfire.

Clob told you tonight would be an ugly win or an ugly loss. It seems as though some of you just decided to disregard this.
I paid good money to one of Satan's minions to be informed ahead of time on stuff like this-- so you'd do well to pay attention.

I know the glossy veneer of an early lead at a breathtaking pace made all your genitals engorged with delight-- but you were warned.
Ugly win or ugly loss.

Survive. That's all this is about right now. Make it out of this fvcked up season and into next year. Survive.
Right now we are 8-1 and in the driver's seat and a 100% chance to make the playoffs if we win out.

Survive.
#SURVIVE

I could actually see a scenario in which we win out and get left out of the playoff unfortunately. I think if we win out we’re probably in but it’s not a lock.

Right now if we win out we are not in.

Georgia
Michigan/OSU
FSU
Washington.

We need a loss from one of those teams and even then its not a lock. We need Multiple teams to lose late

I could actually see a scenario in which we win out and get left out of the playoff unfortunately. I think if we win out we’re probably in but it’s not a lock.
FSU ain't winning out.

Michigan, Ohio State, Washington, Oregon/Georgia/Alabama

Style points.... Herbie just said Oregon and Bama are better than Texas

Style points? and who did Michigan and Ohio st play?? Purdue and Rutgers..oook....Washington showing they have BARLEY a better defense than USC...OOOOOK. Georgia sure..and bama? The same bama we beat at home?

Chances are the polls dont change tomorrow. The first change will be Blowu dropping out of the top 15

FSU has Miami, North Alabama, Florida, and most Likely Louisville. They are going to be heavily favored in all 4 remaining games.

Style points matter huh? Well Washington barely beat Arizona State and Stanford the last two weeks

Herbie is an idiot. Texas best Alabama on the road. Who is better was decided on the field.

we will be 7th tomorrow. Ohio St, Georgia Michigan, FSU, Washington, Oregon, Texas

unfortunately, 2008 is snickering at us right now. but i do believe winning out gets us in. but if winning out does not get us in due to just 4 unbeatens or some such...

just win out-- i'll deal with my emotions if it comes to that

Florida will beat them.
Florida is 5 and 4 and lost to a 3-6 Arkansas team today. Their wins are McNeese State, Tenn, Vandy, USCe, and Charlotte. The game is at the Swamp and you never know about rivalries but I think FSU probably wins that one.

Our problems are self inflicted. I would add that the b12 refs are part of that problem.

First, kick the b12 in the teeth on the way out. There are too many Yankees (big 10) to overcome. It's always been this way. The 12 team playoff will help.

Right now if we win out we are not in.

Georgia
Michigan/OSU
FSU
Washington.

We need a loss from one of those teams and even then its not a lock. We need Multiple teams to lose late
Imagine a scenario if using the above the committee has to decide between Michigan and TX. Who do they take given the shit show in Ann Arbor?

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT