ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL TEXAS vs Up Your Funnel gameday thread of Big 8 Conclusion**

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Well folks-- here it is. The last regular season game played against one of our old Big 12 foes that used to be part of the Big 8, before we merged the Southwest Conference and subsequently lost old Big 8 members to the SEC, Big10 and PAC10 errr 12, and then added teams from the old Big East and ACC and WAC and Conference USA, and even one that we lost FROM the OLD Big 8 into the new Big 12, then to the Pac12 which will be returning TO the Big12 next year.
Whatever.....
See, Colorado WAS part of the Big 8 and then the Big 12 and then they left for the PAC10, which became the PAC 12 and now...... oh fvck it. You get what happened.

It's like musical fvcking chairs around here.

But today, we play an OLD Big8 team and current Big12 for the last time. Next week is Tech which was an OLD Southwest Conference rival but before they joined the Southwest Conference they were a member of the Border Conference (better known as the Border Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) from 1932-1959.
But that's for next week.

Iowa state was part of the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association going back to 1908. Only, they weren't called Iowa st. They were called the Iowa Agricultural College and they joined the MVIAA alongside the University of Iowa who ALSO maintained their concurrent membership in the WESTERN Conference which is now called the Big10.

You guys are staying with me, right?

In 1911, Drake University joined their Conference and 8 years later Nebraksa left the conference to play independent, but rejoined 2 years later. In 1919, Oklahoma applied to the Conference but were not admitted due to "deficient management of their athletic department".
In 1928, the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association took 6 members and formed the Big6.
19 years later in 1947 they added Colorado and formed the Big 7 Conference.
Then in 1957, after Oklahoma A&M dropped the A&M, and traded it out for "state" they were allowed to join the Big 7 Conference thus making it the Big 8 conference.

Now that you're all caught up...... Iowa state grads are very famous...... very famous indeed. Ya... the most famous Iowa state grads invented a couple of things. True story---
One invented Maytag Blue Cheese. No sh!t. Now you may be asking yourself, "Clob, I thought Maytag made washers and dryers for clothes. Not blue cheese." And I'll have you know, Clob thought the exact same thing.....

Moving on.

Iowa st grads also invented the Round Hay Baler. Square bails just weren't good enough for these uppity Iowa farmers so they had to make them round.

Aaaaaaaaand that's it folks. Boring fvcking Iowa state and their boring fvcking history. Aside from the Conference membership labyrinth of associations.

Soooooooo beat Iowa.
State.... or whatever.

From the back patio staring at two squirrels either fighting over acorns or having angry sex---

TEXAS!

FIGHT

IMG-20231115-151045.jpg

Reactions: clob94
From a warm and cloudy day on the borders of Texas-Mexico-New Mexico

FIGHT!

Reactions: freeper
Well folks-- here it is. The last regular season game played against one of our old Big 12 foes that used to be part of the Big 8, before we merged the Southwest Conference and subsequently lost old Big 8 members to the SEC, Big10 and PAC10 errr 12, and then added teams from the old Big East and ACC and WAC and Conference USA, and even one that we lost FROM the OLD Big 8 into the new Big 12, then to the Pac12 which will be returning TO the Big12 next year.
Whatever.....
See, Colorado WAS part of the Big 8 and then the Big 12 and then they left for the PAC10, which became the PAC 12 and now...... oh fvck it. You get what happened.

But today, we play an OLD Big8 team and current Big12 for the last time. Next week is Tech which was an OLD Southwest Conference rival but before they joined the Southwest Conference they were a member of the Border Conference (better known as the Border Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) from 1932-1959.

Iowa state was part of the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association going back to 1908. Only, they weren't called Iowa st. They were called the Iowa Agricultural College and they joined the MVIAA alongside the University of Iowa who ALSO maintained their concurrent membership in the WESTERN Conference which is now called the Big10.

In 1911, Drake University joined their Conference and 8 years later Nebraksa left the conference to play independent, but rejoined 2 years later. In 1919, Oklahoma applied to the Conference but were not admitted due to "deficient management of their athletic department".
In 1928, the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association took 6 members and formed the Big6.
Then in 1957, after Oklahoma A&M dropped the A&M, and traded it out for "state" they were allowed to join the Big 7 Conference thus making it the Big 8 conference.

Now that you're all caught up...... Iowa state grads are very famous...... very famous indeed. Ya... the most famous Iowa state grads invented a couple of things. True story---
One invented Maytag Blue Cheese. No sh!t. Now you may be asking yourself, "Clob, I thought Maytag made washers and dryers for clothes. Not blue cheese." And I'll have you know, Clob thought the exact same thing.....

Moving on.

Iowa st grads also invented the Round Hay Baler. Square bails just weren't good enough for these uppity Iowa farmers so they had to make them round.

Aaaaaaaaand that's it folks. Boring fvcking Iowa state and their boring fvcking history. Aside from the Conference membership labyrinth of associations.

Soooooooo beat Iowa.
State.... or whatever.

From the back patio staring at two squirrels either fighting over acorns or having angry sex---

TEXAS!
Nicely done. I have a hunch we’re going to win convincingly tonight.

Clob and CTJ at Surly should always be required reading for game day analysis.

Here’s CTJ’s write up for today in case anyone wants to see it:

“There is a legitimate possibility that Yormark is intelligent enough to realize that the only shot the conference has in terms of getting some of that sweet, sweet CFP largesse is if Texas wins out. I actually think that's why the officiating seemed closer to decent against TCU. It's $6M to the conference, I believe, should a team make the CFP. Is that enough to matter? I don't know. It's enough to give pause, however.
I realize the unfunny consensus on this board is that Yormark is a thoughtless imbecile and that Texas will always be fvcked with Big 12 officiating. Those posts can be spared. We all get it. Just throwing out the possibility that a rational human being might look at circumstances as they're presenting themselves and say "maybe we should just focus our 'fvckyous' for OU since Texas has a chance to make all of us some money?"

From the west bank of the Mighty Brazos, in beautiful Brazoria County, contemplating ordering a pizza from Domino's.....TEXAS....!!!!

Reactions: westx
Whatever.....

Moving on.

Soooooooo beat Iowa.
State.... or whatever.

TEXAS!
One day I really hope to see you apply your wordsmithing talents and humor to giving us a Reader's Digest version of the conflict between Muslims and Jews.

Reactions: Archmadness
Well one positive about Iowa State. The story of the man who their stadium is named after is a tragic but moving one.

In 1921 Jack Trice became the first black man to play for Iowa State. His first game was at Minnesota. This was the 20's and the klan was at the peak of their power in fact their governor was a klansman. It's been said that the governor encouraged the Minnesota players to go out of the way to hurt him.

He wrote a letter to himself confident he works succeed. On the first play of the game he suffered a broken collarbone. But he insisted he was alright and continued to play. Later in the game he tried to make tackle but was the victim of a roll block landed on his back. 3 Minnesota players trampled him and he said he alright but on the sidelines he couldn't stand an collapsed. They took him the hospital and said he was fit to travel. He wasn't and died 2 days later. They later said the cause was hemorroged lungs an internal bleeding. It's easy to understand that if the doctors had valued his life they could have saved him.

But he became a hero at ISU and 50 years ago when Iowa State built a new stadium the students signed a petition asking that the stadium be named after him. But the powers that be resisted. And about 25 years ago they finally relented and named it Jack Trice stadium. And it's the only stadium in division 1 football named after a black man.

Those Minnesota players should have been charged with murder. Jack Trice stadium. You know it does have a nice ring to it

Jack Trice stadium.

Glad to see there won’t be any holding calls against our interior D line this week. I’d hate for the B12 to change things up from the previous 10 games.

Reactions: hookem777
Looks good, but have no idea what you made. Where is the chorizo? 😂
You fvcking heathen. That's toasted baguette with balsamic vinegar, sliced Roma tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil- drizzeled with olive oil-- it's called "bruschetta". It's Italian, yo.

Btw-- Iowa st is fvcking fired up and Bax ain't getting it done.

• Haha
Reactions: westx
And it appears Yormark has decided screwing Texas and OU is more important than playoff money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT