ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL TEXAS vs Up Your Funnel gameday thread of Big 8 Conclusion**

Everyone can be that way...its because we are Texas fans lol...years of losing and let downs..I decided to just accept who this team was after the blowu loss and it made the season much more enjoyable so far. We are all supporting a team who has underachieved for so long now its hard not to be critical and standoffish even when we win. Thats going to change. This team has figured out how to win , even if its ugly and i think our best two games of the year are about to come up!

hookem! 10 -1 baybay
I thought the last 3 games were going to be a gauntlet but I believed if we can get through it we'd be alright. Well we did it 10/1 and now we're playing a team that's already a 14 point underdog.

Hookemhorns

Well folks-- here it is. The last regular season game played against one of our old Big 12 foes that used to be part of the Big 8, before we merged the Southwest Conference and subsequently lost old Big 8 members to the SEC, Big10 and PAC10 errr 12, and then added teams from the old Big East and ACC and WAC and Conference USA, and even one that we lost FROM the OLD Big 8 into the new Big 12, then to the Pac12 which will be returning TO the Big12 next year.
Whatever.....
See, Colorado WAS part of the Big 8 and then the Big 12 and then they left for the PAC10, which became the PAC 12 and now...... oh fvck it. You get what happened.

It's like musical fvcking chairs around here.

But today, we play an OLD Big8 team and current Big12 for the last time. Next week is Tech which was an OLD Southwest Conference rival but before they joined the Southwest Conference they were a member of the Border Conference (better known as the Border Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) from 1932-1959.
But that's for next week.

Iowa state was part of the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association going back to 1908. Only, they weren't called Iowa st. They were called the Iowa Agricultural College and they joined the MVIAA alongside the University of Iowa who ALSO maintained their concurrent membership in the WESTERN Conference which is now called the Big10.

You guys are staying with me, right?

In 1911, Drake University joined their Conference and 8 years later Nebraksa left the conference to play independent, but rejoined 2 years later. In 1919, Oklahoma applied to the Conference but were not admitted due to "deficient management of their athletic department".
In 1928, the Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association took 6 members and formed the Big6.
19 years later in 1947 they added Colorado and formed the Big 7 Conference.
Then in 1957, after Oklahoma A&M dropped the A&M, and traded it out for "state" they were allowed to join the Big 7 Conference thus making it the Big 8 conference.

Now that you're all caught up...... Iowa state grads are very famous...... very famous indeed. Ya... the most famous Iowa state grads invented a couple of things. True story---
One invented Maytag Blue Cheese. No sh!t. Now you may be asking yourself, "Clob, I thought Maytag made washers and dryers for clothes. Not blue cheese." And I'll have you know, Clob thought the exact same thing.....

Moving on.

Iowa st grads also invented the Round Hay Baler. Square bails just weren't good enough for these uppity Iowa farmers so they had to make them round.

Aaaaaaaaand that's it folks. Boring fvcking Iowa state and their boring fvcking history. Aside from the Conference membership labyrinth of associations.

Soooooooo beat Iowa.
State.... or whatever.

From the back patio staring at two squirrels either fighting over acorns or having angry sex---

TEXAS!
Very informative my friend. Your copy and paste skills are unrivaled on this board LOL

Rip Bell all you want for being a sooner...rip him for his football takes...

But it is NOT cool to rag on his health...

Rip Bell all you want for being a sooner...rip him for his football takes...

But it is NOT cool to rag on his health...

He makes fun of himself too oldhorn.

At least for me, it’s just a good ole ribbing. No malicious intent at all. Bell has been here a long ass time. He’s an Okie, but for me, a valued poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT