ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
So it turns out that one of Urban's assistant coaches likes to beat his wife and what not. The beaten wife went crying to Urban's wife and they engaged in a long period of text messages.

The story is developing now. Google it for updates.

So it turns out that one of Urban's assistant coaches likes to beat his wife and what not. The beaten wife went crying to Urban's wife and they engaged in a long period of text messages.

The story is developing now. Google it for updates.

I heard about this story last week. The man's name is Zach Smith and he was the receivers coach.

Do you remember Earle Bruce? He was the coach at tOSU in the eighties. Anyway the woman that ahole was beating is Earle Bruce's granddaughter. Earle Bruce is venerated at tOSU. If I were that guy I'd get out of Ohio asap.

My Google powers tell me this was their staff for the 2015 season. Does this mean we can get rid of Tim Beck?

Urban Meyer Head coach 4th Cincinnati (1986)
Luke Fickell Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers 14th Ohio State (1997)
Chris Ash Co-Defensive Coordinator/Safeties 2nd Drake (1995)
Larry Johnson Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line 2nd Elizabeth City State (1973)
Kerry Coombs Special Teams Coordinator/Cornerbacks 4th Dayton (1983)
Tim Beck Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks 1st Central Florida (1988)
Ed Warinner Co-Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line 4th Mount Union (1984)
Tony Alford Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs 1st Colorado State (1992)
Zach Smith Wide Receivers 4th Florida (2007)
Tim Hinton Tight Ends, Fullbacks 4th Wilmington (1982)
Quinn Tempel Offensive Graduate Assistant 1st Ohio State (2013)
Mickey Marotti Assistant Athletic Director for Football Sports Performance 4th West Liberty (1987)

Newsflash----

Who else was coaching on that Ohio state staff in 2015........?

This could entangle us.
Eh I doubt it. I mean yes Beckwas the OC, but this is going to be Urban’s problem. Now if beck knew and didn’t tell Urban then that is a problem. Doesn’t appear to be the case though. besides. If beck was fired wouldn’t that be a positive?

That's adorable.
What’s that suppose to mean exactly? People like taking the big fish down. Urban Meyer is as big a fish as exists in college football next to Nick Saban. This woman allegedly texts Urban’s wife, so Urban presumably knew about it. The buck stops with him. This isn’t a situation where everyone on the staff knew and didn’t tell Dad. Urban knew and chose not to do anything. So the pitchforks are going to be out for Urban no one cares about the QB coach.

With that said if Tim beck did get caught up in this Texas championship odds probably go up a little so I’m not so sure it’s a bad thing.

Eh I doubt it. I mean yes Beckwas the OC, but this is going to be Urban’s problem. Now if beck knew and didn’t tell Urban then that is a problem. Doesn’t appear to be the case though. besides. If beck was fired wouldn’t that be a positive?
My dudes,

Thus sh!t started in 2009 and continued through 2015. Multiple coaches wives knew about it. So anyone coaching on that staff from 2009 - 2015 is going to have to answer questions about who knew what and when.

This story is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from over.

What’s that suppose to mean exactly?

Just joking with you. I'm just saying Urban's not going anywhere. Just like Bob Stoops didn't with all of his wifebeater players. It would take the fanbase and administration caring. And they don't.

Reactions: diadevic
My dudes,

Thus sh!t started in 2009 and continued through 2015. Multiple coaches wives knew about it. So anyone coaching on that staff from 2009 - 2015 is going to have to answer questions about who knew what and when.

Are you inferring Tom Herman? All it takes is two seconds of research to realize Smith was a Urban Meyer hire. Smith was at Florida with Meyer before Herman even entered the picture.

Just joking with you. I'm just saying Urban's not going anywhere. Just like Bob Stoops didn't with all of his wifebeater players. It would take the fanbase and administration caring. And they don't.
Eh I’d argue that players beating girls is a little different. Still not ok, but a little different than an actual university employee, and therefore employee of the state. Urban is in some shit here.

My dudes,

I'm asking because I don't know the details, but didn't she file police reports and stuff like that? If the police didn't take action, the head coach didn't take action, then I'm having a hard time seeing how the other assistant coaches would be accountable. Maybe they should have beat him up or something?

Reactions: westx
Does anyone really believe this will cost Urban his job? If so, the #metoo thing is way more powerful than I thought.

I'd go so far as saying Urban would likely keep his job If He was the one beating his wife. Ohio State is not screwing around, and they care. Care about winning, not necessarily other things.

Does anyone really believe this will cost Urban his job? If so, the #metoo thing is way more powerful than I thought.

I'd go so far as saying Urban would likely keep his job If He was the one beating his wife. Ohio State is not screwing around, and they care. Care about winning, not necessarily other things.
This may not cause Urban is job, but what this will cause is digging which may lead to worse things. Plus Ohio atate has to on some level answer to state law makers they start calling for his ouster and things could get a little crazy

"Zach Smith had another domestic abuse allegation on his then-pregnant wife in 2009 while he was on Meyer’s staff at the University of Florida. Meyer said he knew about those allegations,but said last week that he would have fired Zach Smith if he knew about the 2015 incidents."

Toledo paper

This may not cause Urban is job, but what this will cause is digging which may lead to worse things. Plus Ohio atate has to on some level answer to state law makers they start calling for his ouster and things could get a little crazy
I'd hate to be the politician in Ohio trying to get Urban fired. Pretty sure a lot of people care more about beating Michigan again, than whether or not a politician has a D or R by his name. I would imagine most Ohio politicians keep their mouths shut for once.

I'd hate to be the politician in Ohio trying to get Urban fired. Pretty sure a lot of people care more about beating Michigan again, than whether or not a politician has a D or R by his name. I would imagine most Ohio politicians keep their mouths shut for once.
For now they probably will, but this will probably get worse.

Look at the Baylor thing. It started with one incident. Reporters and investigators started digging around and the whole thing came crashing down.

New values posted this season.

Respect women...this goes for coaches too!

Last edited:
I beg to differ, the nut grabbing that Mayfield did was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. In protest, I refused to watch the 1st series of downs that Baker was suspended for.

Diadevic I know you’re getting giddy over this and rightfully so I might add but Meyers going to have to have copious amounts of dirt exposed and lawsuits filed against him before he can take that hardware away from Briles.

Diadevic I know you’re getting giddy over this and rightfully so I might add but Meyers going to have to have copious amounts of dirt exposed and lawsuits filed against him before he can take that hardware away from Briles.
I'm not giddy at all. I just want consistency in outrage and punishment. I give OSU preliminary credit for, if nothing else, embarrassing Urban. Let's see if they are willing to go all the way and kick the cash cow to the curb. Bell - not wanting to side track the current thread - but I am still amazed at the power of the haves vs. the have nots. Baylor folded like a cheap suit, perhaps rightfully so, and is still getting slammed even today in the Dallas Morning News. It will take generations for us to recover. And yet OU PLAYED Joe Mixon despite an actual video, with zero repercussions. I am convinced Stoops and Boren "retired" so they could avoid what Urban is now facing in the current political environment.

Reactions: Scholz
So um....... all you dudes in here that posted about Meyer not getting fired, raise your hand.

Dude was just put on administrative leave just now. (With pay)
This is how it starts--- by creating distance between the university and the accused.

Yes, Herman was on Meyer's staff and this WR coach was directly under him. Wrs coach wife not only texted Shelly Meyer about the incident but also "several other coaches wives over an extended period of time.....".

Fun fact--- Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse who is employed by Ohio state university medical hospital. If she was aware of the abuse and did not report it to proper authorities, that boys is a TITLE IX VIOLATION. Then the feds step in. This is going to be bad.

I'm not giddy at all. I just want consistency in outrage and punishment. I give OSU preliminary credit for, if nothing else, embarrassing Urban. Let's see if they are willing to go all the way and kick the cash cow to the curb. Bell - not wanting to side track the current thread - but I am still amazed at the power of the haves vs. the have nots. Baylor folded like a cheap suit, perhaps rightfully so, and is still getting slammed even today in the Dallas Morning News. It will take generations for us to recover. And yet OU PLAYED Joe Mixon despite an actual video, with zero repercussions. I am convinced Stoops and Boren "retired" so they could avoid what Urban is now facing in the current political environment.
Dear Private school,

Public schools (especially the bell cow state schools) have lots of money and influence and are backed by the state treasury........

Signed,

$$$$$$$

All I’m saying Diadevic is I’m not willing to strip Briles of his rightly deserved medals for being evil and awarding them to Meyer just yet. I may change my mind if this drags out and has tentacles like the Baylor deal

Suspended with pay pending an investigation. I think that's a smart move. We will see what happens. I hope there's no fallout to UT. I hope Herman or Beck aren't complicit.

Hmm, it has seemed to me that there was some behind the scenes beef between Meyer and Herman. You know, ever since Meyer lashed out at Herman publicly for no good reason at all. Wonder if this could've had something to do with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT